SOLOS!11

damian 1200

sweet child o mine v floods  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

EDIT: But hig... floods is quite bluesy also :)

...Yeah, just full of "squealies"... :lol:

DIME DOES THE MOST ORGASMIC PINCHED HARMONICS EVER!11

pfft no!

Dime only rented a share of the pinched harmonics pie.

Zakk Wylde owns that pie.

Anyway Floods for me.

Edited by moreblack

pfft no!

Anyway Floods for me.

yes zakky dos some wild harmonics

And ts nice to see were agreeing on something :lol:

SLASH>me>Dime!! :laugh:

sweet child :drevil:

I cant wait til fuck your enemy new rose and some other people see your post

LET THE PWNING BEGIN :rofl-lol:

i am just reminding you (like on msn) that dime>no one :blink:

I dont even know what to say, so I'm just going to quote this and be amazed of the choice of words this dummy little kiddo picked.

Dime has a lot of fun with harmonicky things.

That solo is pretty much packed with them, but they fit. Dime started really going crazy with harmonics towards the end of Pantera, sometimes it got really boring.

...Yeah, just full of "squealies"...

pfft no!

Anyway Floods for me.

True, Zakk owns pinch harmonics. BUT, Dime has his trademark with the floydrose, he does a pinch harmonic and then bends like a mofo. I still havent figured that out how he does it, I saw a video of it a loooong long long time ago but I cant remember.

Anyway, on topic.

I dont think I need to keep a lecture about SCOM solo, you would know everything about it by now.

Comparing SCOM and Floods is really hard, they're so different. Slash varies the melody in the solo pretty much, but Dime doesnt. He packs it with some shreds and pinch harmonics. Floods solo is one of the greatest ever, and one of my personal favorites, BUT it doesnt overcome SCOM. SCOM solo has more power and great adredaline in it, and Floods is kinda dark and deep solo. I guess in some state of mind it would be 10000 times better than SCOM.

Therefore, I pick SCOM.

Know this tho, if it would have been the Floods outro against SCOM solo the outro would pwn SCOM so bad it would be quite brutal actually. The outro IMO is the greatest thing ever played and invented on the guitar.

Know this tho, if it would have been the Floods outro against SCOM solo the outro would pwn SCOM so bad it would be quite brutal actually. The outro IMO is the greatest thing ever played and invented on the guitar.

I kinda like the way he played it before he wrote the song. The way he used to play it during his solo spot in the 80s.

I kinda like the way he played it before he wrote the song. The way he used to play it during his solo spot in the 80s.

I liked it too, but it sounds better at the end of Floods, it just fits perfectly.

I liked it too, but it sounds better at the end of Floods, it just fits perfectly.

yes

I usually skip floods to the solo and let it run through to the end then put it back to the solo :ph34r:

yes

I usually skip floods to the solo and let it run through to the end then put it back to the solo :ph34r:

That's why I like it more during Dimebag's solo piece, because there's no lyrics or song to get in the way.