Going to concert - New York

Tamatt27

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh ok good, thanks Pilferk.

We should all wear something signifying us as members of a forum whether it's here, or HTGTH or anywhere else....

Maybe like a homemad sticker with our usernames or something on it...

And btw,

Congratulations JennaSide

Glad to see you make it!

I managed to score one Mezz 2 - which is better than nothing. (for the 15th)

-darknemus

Is there anything wrong witht Mezz 2?

Absolutely not.

Every single seat/space/pocket of unoccupied air in the place is pretty much fantastic.....

:)

Canada too here and going.. where are you from?

Trying to decide between floors and mezzanine myself (I have 2 and my friend doesn't care)

I'm 6 foot 3 220 - and have always LOVED the floor before. Seems like Mezzanine 2 (where my other tix are) would just be too removed from the action.

Has anyone ever been to Hammerstein?

6 times.

The remote back of Mezz 2 is about 150 feet away from the stage.

That puts you closer than about 75% of arena seats...and the view is better.

If you want raw, unbridled human surge to get your blood pumping, hit the floor.

But don't do it because you think the view will be THAT much better. It's better, for sure, but the Mezz seats are fantastic.

The place is gonna be electric, no matter where you're sitting.

-darknemus

Absolutely not.

Every single seat/space/pocket of unoccupied air in the place is pretty much fantastic.....

MONTREAL BABY rock1

-darknemus

Absolutely not.

MONTREAL BABY rock1

MONTREAL TOO BABY ;)

pm me ;)

according to that guy a few pages ago, if you have mezz tix you can go on the floor too. it sounds like the mezz seats are the only "restricted" sections

This is true, from what I remember. You have to go down to the floor, anyway, to buy drinks (if I remember right).

However, if you have a good spot on the mezz...and you leave for the floor...you'll lose your spot up on the mezz.

Not that many would care, really...but just something to think about.

I'm not sure if security would cut off entrance to the floor if it got too "crowded".

according to that guy a few pages ago, if you have mezz tix you can go on the floor too. it sounds like the mezz seats are the only "restricted" sections

This is true, from what I remember. You have to go down to the floor, anyway, to buy drinks (if I remember right).

However, if you have a good spot on the mezz...and you leave for the floor...you'll lose your spot up on the mezz.

Not that many would care, really...but just something to think about.

I'm not sure if security would cut off entrance to the floor if it got too "crowded".

I have never seen hammerstein allow mezz tickets to go on the floor. You can attempt to trick them, theres ways, and if your crazy enough jump without being seen lol.

Oh and for people wondering about 25 tickets for a scalper... Do you really think its just one pathetic old fat guy sitting in his mothers basement buying tickets? No its several fat pathetic old men sitting in there mothers basements working together. Good scalpers dont work alone, they have people in several locations around america working on it.

Free presales are pointless, they only work with fanclubs that dont use ticketmaster.

The thing is...and it's well known...there are too many people "inside" TM who are in bed with scalpers.

Passwords get leaked. Scalpers make "deals" with TM agents. It's a fact of life.

What management, jarmo, mysteron, et all did was AWESOME, though. They did everything THEY could to try to ensure that some of us die hards got in the doors. And, from reading the postings here...it did work. Maybe not for everyone, but for a LOT of people. And that's just going to make this gig that much more special.

I have never seen hammerstein allow mezz tickets to go on the floor. You can attempt to trick them, theres ways, and if your crazy enough jump without being seen lol.

Really? Where'd you buy your beer then?

I don't remember, when going down to buy beer, anyone checking my ticket. They checked it when I headed BACK up the stairs to get into the Mezz, but not vice versa.

I'll be honest, other than to buy beer (and knowing they didn't check my ticket), I've never tried to head to the floor when I had tickets for the mezz for any length of time.

how much worse can mezz honestly be than floor?

Not much.

I'll say it again:

Every seat, just about, in the venue is fucking fantastic.

The big difference is whether you prefer to swim in the sea of humanity (and try to get 4 feet from the band by fighting the endless tide) on the floor or not.

They serve drinks on the floor and both mezz sections. Its in the back of the mezz, and sometimes waitresses will come too you.

But Mezz is honestly not bad, especially if you can get first row seating so you can stand against the railing... Nobody actually sits down. You get a pretty good unobstructed view and everything. Mezz only sucks if you get there really late and have to sit in the back seats.

When the fuck did they change the password and how come some of us didn't get the new email? THat's absolute bullshit and an utter disappointment. Why can't anything ever go smoothly in the GNR world? I am fucking pissed. I will still buy tickets on Ebay, but man, this was supposed to be helpful to the fans, and obviously many of us fans got fucked because we never got a second email...

-Kaneds

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol: There is justice in the world afterall.

They serve drinks on the floor and both mezz sections. Its in the back of the mezz, and sometimes waitresses will come too you.

But Mezz is honestly not bad, especially if you can get first row seating so you can stand against the railing... Nobody actually sits down. You get a pretty good unobstructed view and everything. Mezz only sucks if you get there really late and have to sit in the back seats.

Weird.

I will say, without a doubt, they were not serving drinks in the mezz for the shows I was up there. Certainly, there were no waitresses. You HAD to come down to the floor to buy beer.

Maybe that's changed, or is different at different shows, or was just different at THOSE shows (they were smaller bands).

Of the 6 times I've been to Hammerstein, I've been in the balconies twice, and both times were quite awhile ago ('96 and '99). Both times I had to trek down to the floor to buy beer.

Man, I HOPE it's different for this show. Make beer runs much easier.

They have probably changed it, cuz ive heard in the past they didnt care... But when u first get there, they split the lines into 2 (they form one line and when u get close to the entrance they split it). Most of the shows ive been too there were floor, but ive seen nin and beck in the mezz, and they wouldnt let us down. NY has gotten really anal about security

They have probably changed it, cuz ive heard in the past they didnt care... But when u first get there, they split the lines into 2 (they form one line and when u get close to the entrance they split it). Most of the shows ive been too there were floor, but ive seen nin and beck in the mezz, and they wouldnt let us down. NY has gotten really anal about security

Yeah, I remember the line splits. I think they've always done that.

But the "no mezz to floor" thing must've changed after the last time I was there and in the mezz.

Of course, my 6 trips there are spread over about...oh...10 to 15 years. And the last one was in '04.

And the place certainly got a big face lift in '97 with the remodel.

I am going.

Flying from Fort Myers, FL to LaGuardia on May 15th. I get in at 1. Where are people going to be pre-show?

J

Two floor tickets to the May 15th show!

YAY!

I hope axl can belt out nighttrain like he did in october 02 when I saw him in columbus. . . .

Of the 6 times I've been to Hammerstein, I've been in the balconies twice, and both times were quite awhile ago ('96 and '99). Both times I had to trek down to the floor to buy beer.

Man, I HOPE it's different for this show. Make beer runs much easier.

Agreed. I once went to a Tyson fight and we stockpiled beer under our seats so we wouldn't miss anything. There were 4 of us and we each took turns getting 3 beers (the limit) at a time, so we had a 12 pack of 16 oz. cups by the time the fight started. I'll have friends with me on Monday, but I'll be flying solo on Wednesday and looking for beer buddies.