Going to concert - New York

Tamatt27

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you think I'll be able to get away with ridin down highway 420 in Hammerstein once the lights go out? :shades: I've been caught at a concert once, but the dude just made me put it out. Not sure how tight on that shit NYC is or if they are laid back like they are out west.

NYC has a general smoking ban.

The Hammerstein serves drinks.

I THINK (and someone could correct me if I'm wrong) that means the ban applies to them.

So, smoking ANYTHING in the venue is likely to attract attention, if that's the case.

And if you're kissing Mary Jane, you're going to get tossed on your ear, if not arrested.

In addition, I wouldn't plan on lighting up OUTSIDE the venue, either. You're in the heart of downtown NYC, and liable to be noticed doing so rather quickly.

My suggestion would be to leave the bud at home. Especially if you're going to be far from home. I'd imagine spending an evening in a NYC jail cell wouldn't be a good substitute for getting to see GnR....especially when you gotta call back home and request a "Western Union Bail".

I live in NY and just went to a 311 concert at the Hammerstein not too long ago. As far as smoking anything inside the venue, its not too big of a deal. I saw a ton of kids smoking cigarettes inside and security would flash a light on them until they put it out. I didn't actually see anyone get tossed for smoking. There were a few people who were able to get away with smoking without getting caught. Two guys smoked weed right next to me without getting caught.

If I were you, I wouldn't risk it at all. You never know, they may be in a bad mood and decide to toss you right there on the spot. I wouldn't want to risk getting tossed out of a GNR concert.

I was able to get 6 tickets today. I couldn't believe it. Four tickets for the Friday night show and two for the Monday night show.

I just went on Ticketmaster at 1:20PM to check if all shows were sold out as claimed...

surely enough, may 12, 15, & 17 were.

however, I checked "1 ticket for May 14" at best available and was able to pull it up.

at about 1:25pm, may 14 was also sold out.

so... I don't think may 14 sold out until around 1:20PM EST.

Do you think I'll be able to get away with ridin down highway 420 in Hammerstein once the lights go out? :shades: I've been caught at a concert once, but the dude just made me put it out. Not sure how tight on that shit NYC is or if they are laid back like they are out west.

NYC has a general smoking ban.

The Hammerstein serves drinks.

I THINK (and someone could correct me if I'm wrong) that means the ban applies to them.

So, smoking ANYTHING in the venue is likely to attract attention, if that's the case.

And if you're kissing Mary Jane, you're going to get tossed on your ear, if not arrested.

In addition, I wouldn't plan on lighting up OUTSIDE the venue, either. You're in the heart of downtown NYC, and liable to be noticed doing so rather quickly.

My suggestion would be to leave the bud at home. Especially if you're going to be far from home. I'd imagine spending an evening in a NYC jail cell wouldn't be a good substitute for getting to see GnR....especially when you gotta call back home and request a "Western Union Bail".

i was at a few bars in new york where i smoked cigarettes discretely and it doesnt matter - no one will tell you.

also, when my buddy saw axl rose at a bar in ny it was when he was going to the bathroom - he had the bowl out in plain sight and then axl walked by.

$1,500 bail and you have a good chance of getting a felony on your record...all for marijuana? It is not worth it. And I don't think this is the place to discuss smuggling ilegal, illicit drugs. You will enjoy the show without smoking.

Damn a felony for a little bit of weed? NY takes this shit seriously!

I was so lucky to get two tickets to the 15th, then it was easy to get tickets for the 12th and 14th.

I'm goin to the 12th and 14th floor tickets.

Anyone wanna tell me where the preparty is at? I think i saw HTGTH is planning one so is that where we are goin?

Wheres the thread on the pre- partying?

Also I already sold my 15th tickets so don't ask................ I wanna be at the FIRST SHOW!!!!!

YES BABY!!!!!!!!!

OH,

Is it going to be necessary to be in line hours before or can you get to the front of the stage by pushing your way through?

AND WHERE IS THE DAMNED PRE-PARTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so fuckin excited to hang out in a bar with hardcore fans and GNR music all night gettin pumped for the concert.

I'll finally feel like I belong lol.

I bought my tickets from a broker the moment I heard about the concerts. Spent a little more but wanted to make sure I could be at the first show at the time -- 5/15.

Then I decided I'd buy the seats for the 17th during the presale. Got them without a hitch.

Found out that the tickets for the 12th and 14th went on sale. I wound up wrestling with myself over whether or not I'd shell out the money for both nights but decided to go for only the 14th because my work would be upset about being absent with the recent terminations.

Called my work the next day and found out I wasn't scheduled for that weekend and bought the tickets for the 12th. Spent a little more but wanted to make sure I could be at the first show -- 5/12.

I'll be at every show and I'll be loving every second of it. Guns N' Fuckin' Roses Live at the Hammerstein Ballroom. Damn straight.

Guns N' Fuckin' Roses Live at the Hammerstein Ballroom. Damn straight.

Don't get your hopes up. We still don't know if it will be GNR or something else. :drevil:

What in the hell are you babbling about now? It IS Guns N' Roses..........guaranfuckingteeya!

Sorry to pour water on your hopes that it would be the Village People and GWAR........

Stop being so negative or go elsewhere!

ohmygodihatestupidpeople.....

Guns N' Fuckin' Roses Live at the Hammerstein Ballroom. Damn straight.

Don't get your hopes up. We still don't know if it will be GNR or something else. :drevil:

Sorry man, I can't agree with you. I'd rather be optimistic about seeing my favorite band than worried about anything.