Going to concert - New York

Tamatt27

How much did you have to pay for a ticket?

How many people can into this plasce...is it a big arena?

Max capacity is about 3700 with GA floor.

The whole place is GA for all 4 shows. You're just assigned a section (Floor, Mezz1, Mezz2). You MAY see a seat number on your ticket....it doesn't mean a thing. You can confirm that at the Hammerstein's site, in the FAQ. Unless the ticket says "Reserved Seating" (and they don't.....), it's a GA show.

There are no physical seats on the floor.

There ARE physical seats in the Mezzes, and they don't sell more mezz tickets than there are seats. But WHERE you'll get your seat will depend on where you are in the GA line, not what number is on your ticket.

Edited by pilferk

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I so hate the fact that my flight arrives at 540 in the AM on the 12th....but it was the cheapest from san diego. anyone else going to be around that early and want to maybe meet for breakfast?? I hate to start drinking on an empty stomach!@

Don't know if I have mentioned it here before, but I am going to the 14th, 15th and 17th. Flying in at 3:30 pm Sunday. I'm coming from Madison Wi. and I change plains in Detroit. Hope to see a fellow gnr fan at the airport!!

Just a hint guys, if your taking a cab into Manhattan try and hook up with someone. Its cheaper.

You guys are so lucky to have gnr in a great city and it is awesome just knowing that they are going to be there because my birthday is may 6 i wish i could go have fun gunners 6 days after my birthday get ready to rock AXL ROSE IS BACK 2006 LETS ROCK

technically it's still 13 days

You guys are so lucky to have gnr in a great city and it is awesome just knowing that they are going to be there because my birthday is may 6 i wish i could go have fun gunners 6 days after my birthday get ready to rock AXL ROSE IS BACK 2006 LETS ROCK

wow thx for telling me something i didn't know, i really learnt something in this topic... it was a waste.

I was just curious as to when people think they will actually be venturing into Hammerstein on May 12th (or any of the 4 dates for that matter). Are you gonna skip the opening band, catch just a little, plan on axl not coming out until around 10:30-11? I'm just curious.

Looking forward to chatting with you guys on the 12th!

I was just curious as to when people think they will actually be venturing into Hammerstein on May 12th (or any of the 4 dates for that matter). Are you gonna skip the opening band, catch just a little, plan on axl not coming out until around 10:30-11? I'm just curious.

Looking forward to chatting with you guys on the 12th!

I'll be leaving Mustang Harry's around 6:30 or 7 to head over to the venue...mostly because I'm in Mezz2 and wanna get my "seat" up there in plenty of time. And BFMV isn't bad background music to sit and shoot the shit with any fellow posters who happen to come wit.

as soon as the doors are open im going in and getting to the front. and axl will have to come out before 1030 or 11 because there is a 11 curfew at the hammerstein.

I'll be staying up at the Hilton NY, on Ave. of the America's. I guess I'll probably roll in right around 7:30 too. Is Grey's Papaya nearby? I could go for downing a few tasty dogs as a pre-cursor to all the beer that will be drank. God I can't wait... 2 of my favorite things, NYC and GnR.

as soon as the doors are open im going in and getting to the front. and axl will have to come out before 1030 or 11 because there is a 11 curfew at the hammerstein.

I've been to shows that have gone WELL past 11 at the Hammerstein.

Does anyone actually think Axl gives a flying fuck about curfews?

The venue sure as hell ain't going to pull the plug either.

As for arrival time...I'm going to skip the emo and have some more Jim Beamo!

I'm coming in from Canada for one of the N.Y.C. shows...I was just wondering,how many fans from this forum (outside of the U.S.A.) are going to any of the N.Y.C. shows?

Where are you from?

How many shows are you seeing?

Are you seeing GnR anywhere else this Summer?

What are your reasons for travelling to N.Y.C. to see GnR?

Are you the least bit worried about show cancellations?

see ya there!

cheers

Edited by zint61