Going to concert - New York

Tamatt27

I'm coming in from Guelph Ontario.

This was just too good to pass up...New York F'n City...Guns N F'n Roses!!

The clincher was SMALL venue!!

This is a must attend event!

Probably won't see them again until a (hopefully) North American leg of the tour.

...and I'm just a TAD concerned about Uncle Axl's attendence (but that's part of the fun...always has been)

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm wondering whether I'll have to sit through Bullet for my Valentine in order to be close to the stage.

Normally I would arrive late and ride the wave to the front when the lights go down for the headliner and it's no problem. However I saw Alice Cooper at a GA venue once and everyone was so stiff and really pissed off if you pushed to the front. That's understandable, it was a totally different age group and crowd than if I go see Megadeth for example :P

So the question is which type will we have and therefore will I have to sit through that crappy opener to get close up without pissing people off?

Any small venue show I've been to...(VR,NIN,Ministry etc.) if you want a piece of real estate up front,best stake it out early on...and be prepared to defend it.

I haven't been to a smaller venue show in N.Y.C. in quite some time...but I'd expect it to be the same scenario...turned up a few notches.Not to mention,insane hardcore Gunners will be out in full force.

The atmosphere is going to be intense!!

gotta love it!

Get there early. So what if you have to wait an extra hour? What the fuck is an hour compared to everything - you are seeing live GNR. Its worth it. Go stright in - don't stop for a piss or anything (do that before). Go straight in, grab hold onto the gates in front of the stage and don't fucking let go! Doesn't matter who pushes you - it might be the fattest fuck alive, just stick where you are and don't budge because you'll be gradually pushed back.

Occasionally I have to deal with these bastards and when they push in, I just stick my elbow out so that they can't really push in unless they want to be standing there with my elbow pushing againt their ribs. They know they've got it coming if they do it - so they can fuck off. I was there first.

Yea, that riding the wave shit probably wont fly. I plan on getting there early staking a spot, posting up, and defending it. Most people arent going to let you push through them. Think about it its the first show in 4 yrs, plus theres all these rumors flying around. People are going to be insane.

Get there early. So what if you have to wait an extra hour? What the fuck is an hour compared to everything - you are seeing live GNR. Its worth it. Go stright in - don't stop for a piss or anything (do that before). Go straight in, grab hold onto the gates in front of the stage and don't fucking let go! Doesn't matter who pushes you - it might be the fattest fuck alive, just stick where you are and don't budge because you'll be gradually pushed back.

Occasionally I have to deal with these bastards and when they push in, I just stick my elbow out so that they can't really push in unless they want to be standing there with my elbow pushing againt their ribs. They know they've got it coming if they do it - so they can fuck off. I was there first.

People who do it to me get a size 12 New Rock in there ass! :anger:

Ok I wasn't totally clear, pushing up front wasn't the way to phrase it. I'm used to shows like Slayer, Megadeth, Pantera - stuff where you do pretty much ride the wave and everyone's moving and cool. Not that I'm actually gonna try and peel somebody off the rail to get in front of them.

Anyway by the respons it looks like I gotta listen to that shitty band again. Fuck! :P I already had to see them at Rob Zombie. My concern is not waiting longer for Gnr (it's a given that you wait long for gnr) but having to hear that shit.

Thanks for clearing things up though, looks like it'll be a relatively subdued crowd compared with what I'm used to. I take it there'll be no pit? ha ha ha

For a second there, I thought that said Cock... :P

The chicks would! :rofl-lol:

LMAO! Legendary wit! love that! anyways someone better be bootlegging these shows... especially the first one. I want to hear the roar when the opening notes of Jungle... (pr whatever song they open with as WTTJ ain't a dead cert) ring out! rock1

I don't know, this isn't going to be the kind of crowd that one would see at a Webster Hall concert, you know, a bunch of NYU students being assholes and shoving each other around. I plan on getting there a few hours before hand, not like I have anything else to do anyway. Also, if you start shoving people around you are asking to get your ass kicked and thrown out.

I don't know, this isn't going to be the kind of crowd that one would see at a Webster Hall concert, you know, a bunch of NYU students being assholes and shoving each other around. I plan on getting there a few hours before hand, not like I have anything else to do anyway. Also, if you start shoving people around you are asking to get your ass kicked and thrown out.

If you really dont think a mosh pit is going to break out during wttj your fucking crazy. there will be all kinds of pushing and shoving, and they will do nothing about it. Its a fucking concert, its going to happen, its what makes them fun. If your going to bitch about it, then people get there asses to the mezzanine level, or in the back. If you want to be close you have to deal with it and stop being a panzy ass bitch. :anger:

i don't think you need to worry about NYU students... they're hipster assholes for the most part. I can't help but assume it's gonna be (and hope for it to be) a rowdy crowd, hopefully not a stupid pit, but def. crazy...

rock3