Going to concert - New York

Tamatt27

:devil:

I don't know, this isn't going to be the kind of crowd that one would see at a Webster Hall concert, you know, a bunch of NYU students being assholes and shoving each other around. I plan on getting there a few hours before hand, not like I have anything else to do anyway. Also, if you start shoving people around you are asking to get your ass kicked and thrown out.

If you really dont think a mosh pit is going to break out during wttj your fucking crazy. there will be all kinds of pushing and shoving, and they will do nothing about it. Its a fucking concert, its going to happen, its what makes them fun. If your going to bitch about it, then people get there asses to the mezzanine level, or in the back. If you want to be close you have to deal with it and stop being a panzy ass bitch. :anger:

These 2 posts are why I'm confused. I wouldn't be surprised in either case, I just don't know what to do! Bah I'll just bite the bullet so to speak and watch the opener <_< Boo the bullet actually, that'll be more fun. :devil:

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You won't have to worry about me trying to get up front! I'll be hiding out in back.. drinking and rockin out as best I can :)

That's the plan for me at the 15th show..., but the 14th Im' gonna do my damndest to be towards the front!

I was near front center at Albany 02' I stood for hours to keep my spot, and right before GNR hits, some axl looking um... older woman makes her way to the front, pushing and jabbing her way, another woman was with her. I'm as nice as anyone, but

A. I had been standing for hours, my legs killed. and this person was behind me literally jabbing into the backs of my knees and trying to crawl through my legs.

B. once again, I stood for hours to see this band. I wasn't moving. The guy next to me and I blocked her, till he just lost it and screemed to leave us the F*ck alone... finally her friend said I think we should leave.. and they left...

So,

MY guess is to get your spot early, and protect. I don't think it makes anyone wrong to not want to move, but why should someone nose their way to the front, without going through whatever thoseupfront went through to be there.

so be cool and others should be cool too.

Yes, I'm a noob. Yes, I have Guns N' Roses tickets to NYC. Yes, I would like you all to know that if Axl Rose ever found this site and decided to start toying around with us, he'd be a noob. So anyways, it seems that we lose all humanity when we attend concerts and/or other major events. We can be that nice person who opens the door for the others and ends up being late when we let the cars pass us in the traffic jams. We'll let everything be brought on us, yet when you place us in a elbow tight arena where we are closed in like fuckin' animals watching our favorite gig start up, we do turn to animals. Yet, this will not faze me, I'll be the one in the front, white-knuckling the gate. Guns N' Fuckin' Roses will go down in hisory. W. Axl Rose is the greatest man alive.

So anyways, it seems that we lose all humanity when we attend concerts and/or other major events. We can be that nice person who opens the door for the others and ends up being late when we let the cars pass us in the traffic jams. We'll let everything be brought on us, yet when you place us in a elbow tight arena where we are closed in like fuckin' animals watching our favorite gig start up, we do turn to animals.

I'm not saying your qoute was directed at me, my overall point is, I would have still been that gentleman, had the person trying to force there way through me had shown any kind of courtesy too.. that same show, when Novermber rain came on, I heard a couple behind me get excited, you could tell they were waiting all night for this song.... they never asked or said a word, but I did all I could to move enough for them to get a clear view and enjow that moment. I know that everyone at that place wants to be there as much as I do, and I will show anyone respect that sends it back my way too.

What I wanna know is how early is everyone getting there to try to reserve spots? For Green Day I had to wait 5 hours... what a pain. <_< And tons of motherfuckers got to the front. Since I'm going to this concert by myself I figure it might be ok just to get there 1 or 2 hours earlier and try to squeeze closer since I think its easier if you are solo.

What do you guys think?

Also.. anyone else going alone?

Edited by Appetite 4 Axl

I really don't think it'll be necessary to get there insanely early. An hour or so before the opening door time should suffice espeically if you'd be good with the first few "rows" of people....there really isnt much of a difference between the very very front and 8 feet or a efw rows behind it. Plus keep in mind there will only be a little over a thousand people in the floor section, with alot of them not even taking their places until AFTER the opening band is done..which could be 9 PM easily.

I mentioned on another board that the Velvet Revolver concert I went to in Chicago in October of '04 had GA floor at it. It was at the Allstate Arena, whose floor is essentially the hockey rink that the wolves play on...meaning its very large. And even with the around 6,000 fans who had floor tickets I was able to get what was essentially 2nd row arriving just 30 minutes before doors opened. So if you think about it, theres a 6th of the people at this show but some will be more dedicated..which means it should balance out to be about the same wait for similar positions.

I don't know, this isn't going to be the kind of crowd that one would see at a Webster Hall concert, you know, a bunch of NYU students being assholes and shoving each other around. I plan on getting there a few hours before hand, not like I have anything else to do anyway. Also, if you start shoving people around you are asking to get your ass kicked and thrown out.

Agree with you on this one Kaneda, i think its going to depend on what night you go aswell. The 12th and 14th will most probably be made up of a younger crowed who will be there to dick around at the front etc. The fans from the boards were the ones who snapped up the tickets for the 15th and the 17th shows, and alot of the fans on these boards from what ive noticed are a) older and B) more interested in actually watching the band, they will be the majority in the crowd. Also a whole bunch of tickets will have gone to people who have contacts etc, industry types/friends of industry types etc they will be older!

People are overhyping how violent/pushy the front is going to be..... the Vegas show had more hype and anticipation and that show was pretty tame, everyone who was there respected each other and the fact that they were seeing something special!

Jonx

Edited by jonx12

Get there early,stand in front of the stage and stay there. Once the crowd gets tight,it's pretty hard for anyone to steal your spot. Wait through the bullshit opening band.

Chances are people that bought tickets didn't know the opener until after,so I wouldn't expect to see too many of those emos fucks.

Yep! I am. I am flying from the other side of the country and wanted to bring this girl with me, but i'm not paying for her tickets and plane tickets and all when shes not even a good gnr fan or nothin. fuck it, i'm sure i'll have a good time. :shades:

What I wanna know is how early is everyone getting there to try to reserve spots? For Green Day I had to wait 5 hours... what a pain. <_< And tons of motherfuckers got to the front. Since I'm going to this concert by myself I figure it might be ok just to get there 1 or 2 hours earlier and try to squeeze closer since I think its easier if you are solo.

What do you guys think?

When I went to see VR in a club I was there at 10am. But I had the best spot in the place. Right in front of Slash.

my plane gets in at 6:30 and Ill be takin a cab from laguardia, so however long that takes...are people planning on being there at 7:30 for the doors opening or have we all learned enough about Axl to know theres no need to show up early? Bullet for my valentine pretty much blows so it might be fun to get there and watch them bomb like a carrot top headlining act

I'm planning on heading to the area around 7:00 to see what's going on. Depending what they say at the door at Hammerstein about when GNR is going on, I'm probably going to chill at the Stitch Bar on 37th until 8/8:30, and then head over to the show.