Michael Jackson To Record New Album

metallica1

Michael Jackson To Record New Album

Michael Jackson, seeking to revive his singing career after his acquittal on sex-abuse charges, has teamed up with a label in Bahrain to record a new album set for release next year, the label said on Tuesday.

A statement released on behalf of Two Seas Records said British music industry executive Guy Holmes had been named CEO of a newly formed joint venture between Jackson and Bahrain royal family member Abdulla Hamad Al-Khalifa.

Holmes, who now plans to divide his time between London and Bahrain, will oversee the making of Jackson's first studio album since Invincible in 2001, and also manage the star's business interests, the statement added.

"I am incredibly excited about my new venture, and I am enjoying being back in the studio making music," Jackson said in the statement.

The 47-year-old singer, one of the top-selling pop stars of all time, now lives in the Gulf state of Bahrain.

Holmes is chairman of London-based independent label Gut Records.

Calls to Gut Records seeking more information about the deal with Jackson were referred back to the public relations agency that issued that statement, which in turn declined to make any further comment.

Jackson's U.S. spokeswoman, Raymone Bain, said she was not aware of a joint venture between Jackson and Al-Khalifa but said Two Seas had previously been chosen by the star to release his Hurricane Katrina charity single.

News of Jackson's latest deal comes days after the singer announced he had reached agreement with creditors to refinance some $270 million in loans secured by his prized stake in the Beatles' song catalog.

Part of the deal calls for Sony Corp., which jointly owns publishing rights to more than 200 Beatles songs with Jackson, to buy another 25 percent of the catalog, or half of Jackson's stake. The entire catalog is valued at about $1 billion.

Jackson's trial on sex abuse charges last year shed new light on the nature of his finances, including prosecution testimony that Jackson had borrowed heavily against his assets to support years of extravagant spending.

He was acquitted by a jury last June of all charges stemming from accusations made by a teenage boy that he had been molested by Jackson at his Neverland Valley Ranch in central California.

But his career as an entertainer and recording artist has been left in shambles.

The fate of the new album will be closely watched by the record industry after Invincible, Jackson's previous comeback bid, registered disappointing U.S. sales of around two million copies.

Jackson's Thriller remains one of the bestselling studio albums of all time with over 26 million U.S. copies sold.

Source

Guest swwet_child

Awesome! I have faith in the man and i'm sure it will be a great album. Can't wait to hear it! rock3

Sadly, i don't think the album will be a succes. I really hope i'm wrong but he lost so many fans with all those trials. It seems that nowdays everybody sees him like a freak that abuses kids and not like the great musician that he is. :no:

Anyway i don't care about people say, i'll always love and respect him! :heart:rock3

Edited by swwet_child

I think it'll be good, but no one will give it a chance.

So true although I can't see it as being as good as Bad or Thriller. Should be very interesting though. Maybe he should ask Bucket to guest on a track, he likes MJ right? Or maybe Slash and Bucket! Okay now I'm jus in guitar dreamland :P

Grow up kids, the jokes were old ten years ago. Music is music and if it kicks ass then that's all that should matter.

It's about time he got around to another album to make up for Invincible....I don't think it'll be a success in America but a good album will sell gangbusters internationally where Jackson is still well loved.

For me, musically he went downhill since Dangerous, nothing has sounded as good or even come close to the greatness of his first 4 albums.

He's just lose sight of things like Axl. Way too much over production, teaming up the hottest flavor artist of the week, and too many songs about saving the world. He needs to go back to his roots and strip the music down to its essence, like in Off the Wall and Thriller. Quincy Jones could bring the old MJ back....

Guest RonMexico82
Grow up kids, the jokes were old ten years ago. Music is music and if it kicks ass then that's all that should matter.

So by that reasoning if Michael Jackson were to release a better album than Thriller you would be willing to overlook the fact that you are buying an album that was created by a dangerous sad old man who has major psychological issues, is widely suspected to be a paedophile responsible for several molestations, and who thinks it is okay to dangle a new born baby 60ft off the fucking ground. Not to mention the way he is severely fucking up his own childrens mental wellbeing.

I suppose you think he is innocent. Are you O.J. by any chance?

Edited by RonMexico82

So by that reasoning if Michael Jackson were to release a better album than Thriller you would be willing to overlook the fact that you are buying an album that was created by a dangerous sad old man who has major psychological issues

Does that remind you of someone else? :rolleyes:

music is music and should be regard as just music. It is possible to love an artsit and his music and still hate him as a person

So by that reasoning if Michael Jackson were to release a better album than Thriller you would be willing to overlook the fact that you are buying an album that was created by a dangerous sad old man who has major psychological issues, is widely suspected to be a paedophile responsible for several molestations, and who thinks it is okay to dangle a new born baby 60ft off the fucking ground. Not to mention the way he is severely fucking up his own childrens mental wellbeing.

I suppose you think he is innocent. Are you O.J. by any chance?

Relax, I'm not trying to piss on your parade and I think your logic is off. I don't care about his personal life, I stopped caring after the first accusation. In any case we are all innocent before proven guilty. You have heard of the justice system right? This isn't anything like the OJ trial where someone is obviously guilty and certainly a guilty Jacko is not going to get away. Things have changed since OJ, Jacko is publicly hated, if he was guilty of anything he would have been nailed to the cross this time. This isn't some well loved celebrity on trial, everybody hates this guy. Yeah MJ is pretty fucked up, is he a molestor, I don't know and unless you were there watching him doing the deed, you don't know either. Passing judgement on shit you don't know is ignorant. The first case was shady, when I was a fan and gave a shit, I was following that trial closely. The next trial was even more bogus and was torn apart in court.

A child molestor molests not 1 or 2 kids but many kids, They are compulsive pedophiles. where are all the other cases? Why only 2 cases in 10 years, both of which are shady to say the least? Ever heard of Anthony Pellicano? He had a tape recording of the father from the first trial trying to extort money from Jackson, but because tape recording someone without their knowledge is illegal, that evidence was never used.

So what do we have? He's a freak, a recluse and a bad parent. Now that's the background. Even if he is guilty, I don't care, music is music.

By your logic I shouldn't listen to Axl's music either since he's one of the biggest assholes of all time who tied up and anally raped his first wife and then locked her in a closet for hours. Not to mention the fact that he's a mysoginistic wife beater, a purported racist, and a homophobe. You see what I mean? What makes him a better human being and artist to support over Jacko? Perception and public opinion which ofcourse is largely influenced by media agendas.

All these rockstars are fucked up because they have more money than god and can indulge their most base behavior in ways we cant. But that's their karma, something that they have to live with. By being a fan of their music, you don't have to be a fan of the human being. I'm not a fan of Axl or Jacko the person, I am a fan of their music however.

Awesome! I have faith in the man and i'm sure it will be a great album. Can't wait to hear it! rock3

Sadly, i don't think the album will be a succes. I really hope i'm wrong but he lost so many fans with all those trials. It seems that nowdays everybody sees him like a freak that abuses kids and not like the great musician that he is. :no:

Anyway i don't care about people say, i'll always love and respect him! :heart:rock3

MJ is a music genius, i'll look for the new album next year

thriller was great

bad was great

dangerous was great

HIStory was great

i havent got the other two albums, invincible and blood on the dancefloor, although that song was number 1 in uk

Guest RonMexico82
i can't believe anyone would buy his shit. who wants to willingly support a suspected child molester? not me.

Nice to know someone else here has a bit of common sense. I wouldn't give this deranged fuck a single cent. In my opinion he is guilty of child abuse just for the way he treats his own children. They would be taken off him in any other country.

Guest JohnUlmer
Beat it

Beat it

Pull that boy's pants down and spank it

Tell me what you want babe

Tell me what you need

If you have a dick and are under 13

I am yours to please

New lyrics from MJ's upcoming album?

I apologize to anyone who finds that offensive, but I find MJ offensive.

That said, he's a great musician. I look forward to this album. :)

there's no way jacko will ever get a penny from me. he's a talented musician, but i won't help support a suspected child molester. And any guy who will dangle their infant child from a 60 foot balcony should have that kid taken away, IMO. i bet if i did it, DCFS would snag my kid in a heartbeat. he can stay wherever the hell he is now and not come back as far as i'm concerned.

there's no way jacko will ever get a penny from me. he's a talented musician, but i won't help support a suspected child molester.

I don't get this. Several rappers and black metal ringleaders have been convicted of MURDER and a whole host of other crimes that the judicial system defines as being far worse than molesting children, but somehow, for the public, merely being SUSPECTED of this is far worse than anything else any of the aforementioned people have done.

Anyone could be accussed of being a child molester. Even you. Even if nothing was ever proven, I'd have as much evidence to hate you as you have to hate MJ.

One of my old teachers was accussed of this without a shred of evidence. The trial was disbanded. Yet it still destroyed his career and most of his life. Because of nothing.

You know what I think? The reason that such a fuss is kicked up every time the P word is mentioned is because of us. It's because of society's fascination with the dark side of human nature, and anything we don't understand. The same reason that there are so many Nazi documentaries on TV. We're the sickos. And it's lead to a state of affairs where anyone can distroy someone elses reputations, career and life, without the accused person ever doing anything. That's as bad as being gunned down in the street.

It's about time he got around to another album to make up for Invincible....I don't think it'll be a success in America but a good album will sell gangbusters internationally where Jackson is still well loved.

For me, musically he went downhill since Dangerous, nothing has sounded as good or even come close to the greatness of his first 4 albums.

He's just lose sight of things like Axl. Way too much over production, teaming up the hottest flavor artist of the week, and too many songs about saving the world. He needs to go back to his roots and strip the music down to its essence, like in Off the Wall and Thriller. Quincy Jones could bring the old MJ back....

Another insightful post, Stallone..

-Kickingthehabit