richard has removed the tour dates from his site

gnrgrl

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope each and every one of you is ready to witness what is going to happen in a few weeks....

Gunsguy

Gunsguy, seriously you have to stop your 'thought prevoking' questions.

You did this with your statement that you "knew the album would not be released until 2007" because your "source" told you that. Madison(who we know has direct contact with Merck and possibly other connections) doesn't post leads to a story until its confirmed, which gains massive respect in my book.

Anyone, I repeat ANYONE ca do what you're doing, watch I'll try:

Seriously guys, you'll see in a few weeks what I know, just enjoy the ride until you find out! = BULLSHIT!

If you've got something to say, either say it or don't!!

So, come on then, now's your perfect chance for a public apology from me - what do you know from what you've heard(BE SPECIFIC!)

If it happens I hold my hands up...

*awaits predictable response*

UK SUBS.

Amen - you know something then say it if not then don't say a fucking word,MYGNR does not like teasers who sit on the fence.

This is total garbage. And by that I mean 95% of the replies in this thread.

And here I was thinking this might even be interesting...

ontopic though, I think it's a bit strange. You see, the first gnr show is 20 days from now. Yet we're still hearing crap about line-ups, people being out or in, dates removed and even fucking auditions. Now... either the rumor mill is vommiting out more bullshit then ever (possibly fueled by the moronic nature of most replies here) or we really should be worried about this band. My money is on the first one. I really can't imagine them THAT stupid that 20 days from the show the lineup is still subject to change. It'd be crazy. I think we just don't know it yet. So...keeping calm.

On the other hand though, I can't think of any rational reason for Richard to remove them either...

Suggesting that I have figuratively pissed on fans is a bold comment coming from you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ja7aBcnrkE...7%20roses%20vma

If you had experienced that you would know why I can never accept this..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nxw3PwigII...7%20roses%20vma

Respect my views, or disregard them.. it is inconsequential. If you are incapable of engaging in a respectable conversation.. ignore my posts. It's that easy, mate..

-Kickingthehabit

I was a fan back then too, you don't have to tell me how great that band was.

And I do respect your views, but I dont respect how you bash the band and the people who like it.

I agree with Kickingthehabit entirely, but in all honesty, we have no choice but to accept the modern version of the band and the mid-forties version of Axl.

Yeah, the 2002 VMA performance might not have been perfect, but did you see the crowd's reaction? I don't think any other band in VMA history has generated that much excitement merely by performing a medley of a couple of old songs and Maddy.

Just imagine what an in shape (and in key vocally) Axl could do. The roof would probably have blown off!

I agree with Kickingthehabit entirely, but in all honesty, we have no choice but to accept the modern version of the band and the mid-forties version of Axl.

Yeah, the 2002 VMA performance might not have been perfect, but did you see the crowd's reaction? I don't think any other band in VMA history has generated that much excitement merely by performing a medley of a couple of old songs and Maddy.

Just imagine what an in shape (and in key vocally) Axl could do. The roof would probably have blown off!

LOL - the reaction was to the old songs, not the jumbled up mess in the middle. Axl's voice was terrible. His "Round 1" statement was pathetic, and he crawled back into his shell when he learned that the people weren't impressed.

Axl couldn't sing live when he was in shape. He even rerecorded himself on the Live Era albums, which means he knows he sounds bad. All the recordings of his songs out there and he couldn't find 25 of them that he sounded good on? Brutal.

Axl couldn't sing live when he was in shape. He even rerecorded himself on the Live Era albums, which means he knows he sounds bad. All the recordings of his songs out there and he couldn't find 25 of them that he sounded good on? Brutal.

An ignorant post, but not really a surprise considering who wrote it...

An ignorant post, but not really a surprise considering who wrote it...

Actually, it's pretty accurate...not really surprising considering who wrote it.

LOL - the reaction was to the old songs, not the jumbled up mess in the middle. Axl's voice was terrible. His "Round 1" statement was pathetic, and he crawled back into his shell when he learned that the people weren't impressed.

axl voice is huge part of why gnr music sound fantastic...His live voice is awsome

your an asshole :fuckyou:

axl voice is huge part of why gnr music sound fantastic...His live voice is awsome

You're wrong. I've seen them live...it's not a pretty thing. It is good to see another Axl supporter prove their blind support though...good job.

You're wrong. I've seen them live...it's not a pretty thing.

Dont be too supportive mate :angry:

Axl is a great frontman...that cannot be denied. His studio recordings are excellent for the most part. Whether it's because he runs around too much or he just isn't that good, Axl does not sound good live for the most part. Sure, there are exceptions to the rule, but not many.

One of my weaknesses is that I'm brutally honest. I'm not one of those that will lie just to support those I like. I love Slash, but I'm not a VR fan...they are ok, but nothing special like the real GnR was - I've said that before and will say it again. I can look at things objectively.

[sarcasm]Yeah, the 2002 voice was AWSOME[/sarcasm]

In all seriousness, he sounded like Mickey Mouse. :monkey:

Edited by sweetness

You're wrong. I've seen them live...it's not a pretty thing. It is good to see another Axl supporter prove their blind support though...good job.

Yes, he rerecorded some songs on Live Era..

But are U fucking STUPID!? :confused:

It wouldn´t surprise me if u made that conclusion from one single performance...?

In GENERAL he sings like a GOD!!

I would recommend U to spend some time downloading some liveshows...

GOD!!! :no:

Yes, he rerecorded some songs on Live Era..

But are U fucking STUPID!? :confused:

It wouldn´t surprise me if u made that conclusion from one single performance...?

In GENERAL he sings like a GOD!!

I would recommend U to spend some time downloading some liveshows...

GOD!!! :no:

I've been to see them live - no need to download more.

If it comes to even a remote possiblity of having either Slash or Izzy back, Fortus can get fucked. rock3

Fuck you, thats an ignorant statement to make. Richard deserves to be in this band. Not the guys who walked out on it.

Yes, Richard deserves it more because he's contributed so much to their success. :rofl-lol:

Or does he deserve it because he's willing to take a paycheck and to have no rights within the "band" that he was in? It takes a bigger man to walk away from getting fucked over than it does to be the one to sell out his musical creativity for a paycheck.

The most accurate statement I've ever read on this board

Axl is all over NYC as of late and is doing the warm up gig in NYC, even though he is based out of LA he is spending alot of time away from home. He must be rehearsing with the band, to pull off a tour requires alot of practice even for the most talented musicians. That means the line up is set and has been since at least February when Axl came out of hiding and appeared in NYC, be it the new band or old band or whatever.

On May 12th 2006 around 730 pm EST and the lights go out, and the long awaited sream of "DO YOU KNOW WHERE THE FUCK YOU ARE YOUR IN THE JUNGLE BABY WAKE UP TIME TO DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEE" then the lights will come up illuminating a bunch of guys on the stage, then you will positivly know without a doubt who is GNR. Untill then, All We Need Is Just A Little Patirnce.

Lots of negativity and bickering on here in the last 24 hours. Shouldn't you guys be happy there are some shows in a couple weeks? Even if you're not going, it's still reason to be excited, unless you're not much of a fan - in which case, why are you here? Anyways - someone mentioned a weird radio interview with Tommy - I missed it - what was weird about it?

Lots of negativity and bickering on here in the last 24 hours. Shouldn't you guys be happy there are some shows in a couple weeks? Even if you're not going, it's still reason to be excited, unless you're not much of a fan - in which case, why are you here? Anyways - someone mentioned a weird radio interview with Tommy - I missed it - what was weird about it?

well it was wierd because he barely mentioned GNR.. just talked bs for an hour..

Edited by Vadin

well it was wierd because he barely mentioned GNR.. just talked bs for an hour..

Didnt he say ' I dont wanna talk about it'......referring to GNR like he was unhappy?????

Didnt he say ' I dont wanna talk about it'......referring to GNR like he was unhappy?????

That's interesting? How recent was it? If it was very recent, like around the time Fortus pulled the tour dates it could mean something. At the same time on another area of Fortus' site he says that he will be touring with GNR in 06. Maybe his web designer missed it.

That's interesting? How recent was it? If it was very recent, like around the time Fortus pulled the tour dates it could mean something. At the same time on another area of Fortus' site he says that he will be touring with GNR in 06. Maybe his web designer missed it.

It was within the last few days