Better is Could NOT be The Best Song on CD

Digital Roses

here's my explanation

Youll need to follow where im going with this so hang on.

Remember Sweet Child O' Mine, One of the best songs of all time, and you would think that EVERYONE likes this song right? but one of the bandmates was "not" into it yet and thought it was a waste but eventually he got it and it turned into a medly hit that will live on forever. Slashs favourite song is proberly lets guess it to be a song thats not better than SCOM, lets say "Out Ta Get Me" because of the high use of guitar riffs.

Imagine if AFD was a 12 year awaited album on the way and slash is the main dude and a couple of months before hint of release. in a interview slash mentions his favourite songs "Out Ta Get Me, Your Crazy & Rocket Queen", 2 Songs are leaked from which are what slash mentioned in his interview, Because of the long wait, people who hear it will like it no matter what because of their long wait when really it kinda sucks in their heart. A couple of decades later the CD is released, people hear slashs favourite and now its familiar, then they listen to the next track AND BOOM Sweet child o mine comes on. their mind is BLOWN Away. The Wait Is Over And Their Wishes Have Come True" Just because it was slash's favourite, it didnt mean it were the main songs for the CD.

just making a post and this is proberly the longest post ive ever done. and if someones got a gay joke to make, fuck off, i dont want any here.

Edited by Digital Roses

here's my explanation

Remember Sweet Child O' Mine, One of the best songs of all time, and you would think that EVERYONE likes this song right? but one of the bandmates was "not" into it yet and thought it was a waste but eventually he got it and it turned into a medly hit that will live on forever. Slashs favourite song is proberly lets guess it to be a song thats not better than SCOM, lets say "Out Ta Get Me" because of the high use of guitar riffs.

Imagine if AFD was a 12 year awaited album on the way and slash is the main dude and a couple of months before hint of release. in a interview slash mentions his favourite songs "Out Ta Get Me, Your Crazy & Rocket Queen", 2 Songs are leaked from which are what slash mentioned in his interview, Because of the long wait, people who hear it will like it no matter what because of their long wait when really it kinda sucks in their heart. A couple of decades later the CD is released, people hear slashs favourite and now its familiar, then they listen to the next track AND BOOM Sweet child o mine comes on. their mind is BLOWN Away. The Wait Is Over And Their Wishes Have Come True" Just because it was slash's favourite, it didnt mean it were the main songs for the CD.

just making a post and this is proberly the longest post ive ever done. and if someones got a gay joke to make, fuck off, i dont want any here.

sorry way too long to read....

LP

Well that's basically just wishful thinking and overanalysing things. Maybe there could be a song as good as scom on CD that Axl doesn't like as much as his favourites, maybe there isn't. At this point it's impossible to tell. Oh and btw do you know that those songs are Slash's favourites? They could be Jungle or Paradise for all you know so your logic is flawed.

Well that's basically just wishful thinking and overanalysing things. Maybe there could be a song as good as scom on CD that Axl doesn't like as much as his favourites, maybe there isn't. At this point it's impossible to tell. Oh and btw do you know that those songs are Slash's favourites? They could be Jungle or Paradise for all you know so your logic is flawed.

its a made up theory dude i didnt mean it in purpose

here's my explanation

LP

Why on earth did you write that? This is a discussion forum if you don't have anything to add to a discussion don't post. The time it took for you to add this reply and write that witless crap you could have read the original post.

As for the original post, I agreed just because a band member has a favourite track doesn't mean that it is one of the best off the album.

I think people tout 'Better' because it by far has the most single potential of what we have heard.

'There Was A Time' happens to be my favorite, but that's no single. Ditto for 'Catcher In The Rye'. Nice song, not exactly catchy in the radio sense.

If there is one continuing problem I see with the new tunes its the lack of proper choruses. Songs like 'There Was A Time', 'Madagascar', 'Catcher In The Rye' and 'The Blues' are all good songs. But their structure is wacked. They are sort of free flowing epics without hummable riffs or catchy choruses.

here's my explanation

LP

Sorry? That was a medium length post... what do you want to read, one line threads? Other forums where a lot more debating goes on (which to be fair is what a forum's all about) have first posts over twice this length, but I guess that's not your thing. :)

As for the original post, you do have a point. Although I don't believe 'Better' is among the best of Chinese Democracy, and I'm expecting the "big guns" we've all heard about to be the 'Sweet Child' that you were referring to.

Edited by Leigh-Rok!

its a made up theory dude i didnt mean it in purpose

Well I have no idea what that means but my point is it's very, very unlikely to be true, more so for the reasons you suggested. Would be nice though.

Also, if people out there are expecting songs as good as SCOM, they may be very dissapointed.

Edited by PurpleHaze

Bottomline: The message here is simply this, just because Better is Axl's favourite song doesn't mean it's the best song on the album.

Well yes but that doesn't mean the songs that are supposedly superior to Better are anywhere near as good as scom.

Bottomline: The message here is simply this, just because Better is Axl's favourite song doesn't mean it's the best song on the album.

Well yes but that doesn't mean the songs that are supposedly superior to Better are anywhere near as good as scom.

That's also true, but I don't think that was the point in the first place. As far as songs being better or worse then SCOM, there's no point in discussing it because we haven't heard the album yet. For all we know, there could be some songs on CD that are miles ahead of SCOM, or perhaps not.

That's also true, but I don't think that was the point in the first place. As far as songs being better or worse then SCOM, there's no point in discussing it because we haven't heard the album yet. For all we know, there could be some songs on CD that are miles ahead of SCOM, or perhaps not.

Yeah that's basically what I'm trying to say, although I disagree somewhat. I think the original post was aluding to the fact that certain songs on CD may be as good as scom which I think is well, as I said, wishfull thinking.

Edited by PurpleHaze

well, opinions are like assholes... personally, I don't like SCOM all that much. It's alright, but it was never one of my favs on AFD. So some people are going to like some songs, some people aren't - what blows you away won't necessarily blow me away... and on it goes...

Thats what I was thinking when the leaks first came out. I was thinking everyone was just kissing Axl's ass. I actually liked TWAT more than Better but I've listened to Better a lot recently and it is my favourite now.

Yeah that's basically what I'm trying to say, although I disagree somewhat. I think the original post was aluding to the fact that certain songs on CD may be as good as scom which I think is well, as I said, wishfull thinking.

Also, let's face something: SCOM is a song that's written in music history, but does it mean it is GNR's best song?

For what was said the songs Axl mentioned are his favorites he never said that they were the best! For the UYI, Axl said his favorite was Estranged, however which song made history on these records?

That a song make history or not I think depends on the quantity of people it reaches, it has nothing to do with if it's the best or not. Favorites are favorites, hits are hits. I don't think we should mix these two concepts.

Another example: The worldwide song to make history is "My way" Does it means it's the best song of his composer? Or even of all times? Well, I guess not.

Just let yourself guide by your own tastes, and something tells me everybody will be happy with CD anyway. After all, it's Axl, that same Axl who pushed the rest of the band to put SCOM on appetite for destruction...

So... what kind of fear or risk is there? I guess NONE AT ALL. Trust the man!

Also, let's face something: SCOM is a song that's written in music history, but does it mean it is GNR's best song?

For what was said the songs Axl mentioned are his favorites he never said that they were the best! For the UYI, Axl said his favorite was Estranged, however which song made history on these records?

That a song make history or not I think depends on the quantity of people it reaches, it has nothing to do with if it's the best or not. Favorites are favorites, hits are hits. I don't think we should mix these two concepts.

Another example: The worldwide song to make history is "My way" Does it means it's the best song of his composer? Or even of all times? Well, I guess not.

Just let yourself guide by your own tastes, and something tells me everybody will be happy with CD anyway. After all, it's Axl, that same Axl who pushed the rest of the band to put SCOM on appetite for destruction...

So... what kind of fear or risk is there? I guess NONE AT ALL. Trust the man!

Great post.

As a writer I known that your favorite piece is generally the least favorite for everyone and the one that eveyone likes was just a filler. Happened with Black Sabbath with Paranoid. But SCOM was no filler of any kind, if so damn good job on it, and I hope that there isnt' going to be any fillers on this next great album

here's my explanation

I LOVE Better, however if it is THE BEST rocker on CD, it will be a sad day when the album is released.

~M