finck n fortus's guitar tones suit gnr?

gilmour

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

knowing how finck messed up so many solos in 2002, wil axl stil trust him with playin some of the lead or wil he be playin a lot of rhtym this time around?

Have you me Axls_Disillusions yet? If not, you will...

Give the new band a chance and you might see it from a different point of veiw ;)

thats impossible to ask of some of these 'fans'.

yep. people would much rather bash them and say the only reason anyone likes the new band is for axl. But everyone in the band fucking rocks. fincks solos are fucking sweet. And i didnt like bh im kinda glad hes gone.

Most people i no, who loved old gnr looked at new gnr last time round and said, wtf, what is that guy doin with a kfc bucket on his head, he maybe a brilliant guitarist but he is terrible for the gnr image. 90% of people dont no shit about guitar players, how technically good they are etc, they just look at wjhat they look like etc and decide if they like um. Buckethead was a joke in that respect, hardly adding to the credibility of a band that is already struggling with it!

A good replacement who can perform without looking like a pratt will be much better than the kfc man.

Edited by bangit

I agree about the look thing. When I first saw some clips from Rio 2001 I was like WTF!!!! That Buckethead is just a slashripoff!!!!

Keep in mind I was just getting in to guns at the time. I didn't know much back then. And I guess that is how most people where thinking. That bucket was a slashreplasement and that they tried to do with the bucket what slash had done with the hat.

But I think when the band hits the stage next week. We will see something different. A band looking much more like a joined band with a special style and not 7 individual styles which makes it look like a benefit concert each time they go on stage.

I think it will look much more like a rock and rool band and not a "punk/metal/alternative/techno band" like last time ;)

GNR was my favourite band growing up but these new guys don't have any magic

thats not true at all. I was lucky enough to see them and their onstage chemistry is nothing short of amazing. Robin Finck is the best guitarist I've ever seen live.

You must not have seen many live gigs then cause Finck is at the bottom of the list when it comes to talent and stage presence.

GNR was my favourite band growing up but these new guys don't have any magic

thats not true at all. I was lucky enough to see them and their onstage chemistry is nothing short of amazing. Robin Finck is the best guitarist I've ever seen live.

fuck you are STUPID!!!!!!!

keep lying to yourself!!!! rock on!!

I accept that this is new band, i hope they do well, some of the stuff they've done is of a very high quality in my opinion, i think axl Rose is a true icon of this industry

but the problem most critics have with this band in my interpretation, is quite simply there not guns n roses

which is ok

because a bands name implys more than one component, it is the plural, thats the difference, im not disputing that this isnt a good band with you, mr "disillusion", im disputing thAT this isnt guns n roses, thats my point of view, GUns n roses is, as ive said before, Slash,Axl,Izzy & duff.

this band i hope those well, i think as to power to do well,but is not GNR

when you understand this point of view, you will understand volumes

GNR

then the offspring

Ju ju hounds/slash snakespit/ velvet revolver/ Axls rose's band

people dont understand the contention here, its purely got to do with the name and what that represents, nobody criticises Izzy or the rest in the same fashion they do axl, because hes trying to continue something which wasnt completely his in the first place, thats the problem

Had he called it something else this problem would'nt exist,

this is not GNR

it is a good band and Axl is and always will be a quality musician

but this is not nor ever will be no matter how successful they become, GNR

this is axls band im sure they'll do well but they are not GNR,

chinese democracy will be (I hope) a brillant album but it can never be GNR unless the members listed are involved in my eyes

i think this is the crucial misunderstanding between camps

its not quality its membership

amen

Jerry Seinfeld is a nobody compared to you...

Awesome one :rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

The people that bash robin really have no clue. Go listen to his work on the ghost of mars soundtrack, he is great. Plus most of the solos on the new songs are robin.

He may be good, he may even be great (well, he's not great, but he might be good). The point is that if he is the best guitar player you've ever seen live, you need to go out and see some other bands. The number of guitar players better than him is a pretty significant number. It's ok to adore somebody, but try to be somewhat realistic...I think Slash is great, but I also recognize that there are better guitar players out there. Robin wasn't even the best guitarist in GnR when he saw them.

You all critise waaaaay too much, maybe their not the greatest guitarists, but I think Axl knows who's right for GN'R. Stick by his opinion, he knows best for the band, not us lot. We have no idea.

Don't get me started on Axl knowing what's best for GnR...he proved in the mid 90s that he does not.

Give the new band a chance and you might see it from a different point of veiw ;)

what "fans"? these people on here that are bashing the new line up are just complete idiots. They support the old band, then they bash the new one, trying to keep the old image alive. I just dont get most poeple on here anymore. :no:

TW@

what "fans"? these people on here that are bashing the new line up are just complete idiots. They support the old band, then they bash the new one, trying to keep the old image alive. I just dont get most poeple on here anymore. :no:

TW@

idiots indeed. they think they are like crusaders protecting some legacy :rolleyes: in all reality, they are just bitter sorry cupcakes who have nothing better to do but take out their anger on Axl and the band because their favorite member left (or they think was forced out) and GNR lives on :rolleyes:

TW@

idiots indeed. they think they are like crusaders protecting some legacy :rolleyes: in all reality, they are just bitter sorry cupcakes who have nothing better to do but take out their anger on Axl and the band because their favorite member left (or they think was forced out) and GNR lives on :rolleyes:

yeah. Like, people hate Velvet Revolver because they have slash, matt and duff. And now they hate GNR becuase of the new line up. When will these people choose a band?!?! Like, ok, there is the old GNR. we know you like them. But that doesnt mean you can just sign on her, and just say "NUGNR SUXORZ!!!1!!!" Its senseless and stupid.

TW@