Live Blogging thread for Sunday, May 14th.

darknemus

No audio yet at all, man this is getting scary....might we go 4 shows and get nothing????

Here's a couple of tracks to tide you over:

Better: http://www.sendspace.com/file/2efykf

The Blues: http://www.sendspace.com/file/qv5obk

Better and The Blues from last night.

The person who recorded them only posted those two before going to bed last night. He did record the whole show, though, so we'll probably get more late this AM, or this afternoon.

Thanks! Finally some decent quality! :)

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well....off to New York for the 17th show

Hopefully Axl has a voice on Wed...when I heard that we went from having the second show to the fourth show...first thought I had was about his voice,and now he's talking about losing his voice already.

fawk

oh well

guess we'll see......

No audio yet at all, man this is getting scary....might we go 4 shows and get nothing????

Here's a couple of tracks to tide you over:

Better: http://www.sendspace.com/file/2efykf

The Blues: http://www.sendspace.com/file/qv5obk

Better and The Blues from last night.

The person who recorded them only posted those two before going to bed last night. He did record the whole show, though, so we'll probably get more late this AM, or this afternoon.

THANKS, much better(no pun intended) than last show :)

in my opinion Axl was fucking with us last night. to see are reaction find out if he has to go raspy all the time and play new songs he does check the boards. so tonight he will be raspy and play 7 tracks off CD Maddy Blues Better IRS CD TWAT Prostitute.

I agree dude...no singer just comes out and says he has all these throat problems..i think he was joking around...but can't be for certain

in my opinion Axl was fucking with us last night. to see are reaction find out if he has to go raspy all the time and play new songs he does check the boards. so tonight he will be raspy and play 7 tracks off CD Maddy Blues Better IRS CD TWAT Prostitute.

oh man,I really hope this is true :xmasssanta:

I was there on Friday and it was out of this world, but it sounds as though Sunday's performance was not quite as explosive. Maybe bc it was a Sunday night crowd, but the response just doesn't seem to be as dramatic. Maybe I'm wrong. Hopefully tonite and Wednesday will Rock!

The warmup gig was FANTASTIC! Madison and I had a blast!

It was so nice to hear Rocket Queen! The song Better sounded a little different than the demos, this is the song I enjoyed the most. It felt surreal to be hearing it live.. You Could Be Mine totally rocked too!!!

The overall sound was okay. Mabye not as good as it would be in a arena, but mabye that is because I was on the side close to a speaker. There were no major glitches with the sound system wich is good. Id give it a A- or a B++.

Axl seemed in GREAT shape and he was FULL of energy. He looked happy to be there. :)

The pyros were fantastic as always. We could feel the heat from them all the way to MEZZ1!

Axl didnt change outfits throughout the show. Wich is okay. Changing outfits once or twice would have been okay too. I did notice the houselight guy was not consistent throughout every song in keeping Axl in the spotligh, wich seems important sice Axls shirt is black.

CAMERAS:

Cameras are NOT allowed. If you get caught taking pictures they will take your camera away.. Tons of people were taking pictures with their cell phones (I say at least 200 of them). Security didnt seem to mind that.. the image quality from cell phones is often crappy anyways.

Hammerstein Ballroom:

The Hammerstein Ballroom is PERFECT for an intimate concert. I was glad I braught my coat as the temperature inside was a bit cool. The floor was packed.

Got to meet a few members from the Forum (Darknemous, etc) will be meeting a few more tonight also.

Im off to visit Ground Zero forum members probably Montrealer and JALP..

The warmup gigs are a SUCCESS and really set a positive tone for the European tour. GNR is BACK!

Cant wait for tonights concert!

The warmup gig was FANTASTIC! Madison and I had a blast!

It was so nice to hear Rocket Queen! The song Better sounded a little different than the demos, this is the song I enjoyed the most. It felt surreal to be hearing it live.. You Could Be Mine totally rocked too!!!

The overall sound was okay. Mabye not as good as it would be in a arena, but mabye that is because I was on the side close to a speaker. There were no major glitches with the sound system wich is good. Id give it a A- or a B++.

Axl seemed in GREAT shape and he was FULL of energy. He looked happy to be there. :)

The pyros were fantastic as always. We could feel the heat from them all the way to MEZZ1!

Axl didnt change outfits throughout the show. Wich is okay. Changing outfits once or twice would have been okay too. I did notice the houselight guy was not consistent throughout every song in keeping Axl in the spotligh, wich seems important sice Axls shirt is black.

CAMERAS:

Cameras are NOT allowed. If you get caught taking pictures they will take your camera away.. Tons of people were taking pictures with their cell phones (I say at least 200 of them). Security didnt seem to mind that.. the image quality from cell phones is often crappy anyways.

Hammerstein Ballroom:

The Hammerstein Ballroom is PERFECT for an intimate concert. I was glad I braught my coat as the temperature inside was a bit cool. The floor was packed.

Got to meet a few members from the Forum (Darknemous, etc) will be meeting a few more tonight also.

Im off to visit Ground Zero forum members probably Montrealer and JALP..

The warmup gigs are a SUCCESS and really set a positive tone for the European tour. GNR is BACK!

Cant wait for tonights concert!

Rock on man! can't wait to hear about tonight

some guys over here are never gonna be happy, arent you???

4 years with nothing... not a single word, everybody including me getting bored with RIR and 2002 bootlegs... listening to live era and Tokio 92.... i still remember those threads where people were asking if Axl still had the braids... now we have them LIVE almost every single night!!!!!! with new strength, with a better Axls voice, with a better Finck, and with a couple of new songs that we only heard through the leaks... come on guys... this is a dream!!!!!! months ago i would have give the half of my soul just to listen to one new song... or listen november rain again... now we have it. This shows are only WARM UP!! the better is to come... wait for RIR, for Germany, for Spain.... Axl told about a tour at USA at the end... probably with CD on the stores... lets be patient and enjoy what we have now.

Well said dude!! rock3

Some people here don´t appreciate what they have...

some guys over here are never gonna be happy, arent you???

4 years with nothing... not a single word, everybody including me getting bored with RIR and 2002 bootlegs... listening to live era and Tokio 92.... i still remember those threads where people were asking if Axl still had the braids... now we have them LIVE almost every single night!!!!!! with new strength, with a better Axls voice, with a better Finck, and with a couple of new songs that we only heard through the leaks... come on guys... this is a dream!!!!!! months ago i would have give the half of my soul just to listen to one new song... or listen november rain again... now we have it. This shows are only WARM UP!! the better is to come... wait for RIR, for Germany, for Spain.... Axl told about a tour at USA at the end... probably with CD on the stores... lets be patient and enjoy what we have now.

Well said dude!! rock3

Some people here don´t appreciate what they have...

cheers dude!!!!!!!!! lets wait for tonight... im looking forward to listen TWAT and maybe a never heard song... why not???