Hammersmith June 7th

jacquiat

so what time is everyone getting there :xmasssanta: im gonna start queing about midday - is that a safe bet?

cherry, I plan to take a train there--so, hopefully I'll get my ass to the station by 9:30 (off-peak--only £6.30) and just go to the venue from there and start queing. I live ages away and the northern line is the slowest line in the world. Eo, It'll take me 2.5 hours tops.

Yeah, about midday too :)

edit: :lol: guys--we haven't even got the tickets yet

Edited by drops_of_jupiter

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok guys I am fuckin' goin' for it tomorrow. GOAB, Cherry, Mama Kin, B_A_S, drops_of_jupiter and everyone, I wish you the best of luck. We will all need it. Can someone please explain a few things to me though...

1) What company are we purchasing through?

2) What happens if you haven't been emailed your password by the time it starts?

3) Is this love... that I'm feeling?

(Ignore the last one.)

Ok guys I am fuckin' goin' for it tomorrow. GOAB, Cherry, Mama Kin, B_A_S, drops_of_jupiter and everyone, I wish you the best of luck. We will all need it. Can someone please explain a few things to me though...

2) What happens if you haven't been emailed your password by the time it starts?

(Ignore the last one.)

At least you got into the pre-sale. Some of us were working and are going to have to take our chances on pretty much the open market :no:

Guest cherry_bomb

you dont need a password kev! just a number. but its all hush hush!

good pan - DOJ i shall have to reshcedule for the tube delays :P man my friends are gonna hate me making them leave so early!! tough nuggis

you dont need a password kev! just a number. but its all hush hush!

good pan - DOJ i shall have to reshcedule for the tube delays :P man my friends are gonna hate me making them leave so early!! tough nuggis

I just looked on the tube planner thing and apparantly it'll take me an hour to get from High Barnet to Hammersmith. 10:30am outside the Apollo it is then! :xmasssanta:

Guest cherry_bomb

so what time is everyone getting there :xmasssanta: im gonna start queing about midday - is that a safe bet?

I'm going to book the day off work and me and my friend will leave around 10ish in the morning of course :P

good plan!! its gonna be really weird seeing so many familiar faces of ppl u dont really know! :laugh:

(Ignore the last one.)

COuld somebody pm this guy please! :xmasssanta:

UK SUBS.

Well if you're going to be doing that, at least share the love. Don't let any scalpers screw us genuine fans.

I'm going to book the day off work and me and my friend will leave around 10ish in the morning of course :P

good plan!! its gonna be really weird seeing so many familiar faces of ppl u dont really know! :laugh:

:lol: Yeah it's gonna be so strange but in a good way rock3

Guest cherry_bomb

(Ignore the last one.)

UK SUBS.

Well if you're going to be doing that, at least share the love. Don't let any scalpers screw us genuine fans.

no one's gonna pm a noob about it, sorry.

If I don't get a ticket tomorrow, I'll try Friday, if I don't get a ticket Friday, it's ebay. I'll pay £90 max. which I probably won't have any friends to go with then.

If you lot do end up going and do spot me, don't be afraid to call over, I'll give you a nod or a wave or something, hell depending on the situation I may even talk to you (Next to me in the queue or near me in the venue)

I'll hopefully be taking the digicam for some decent pics of forum members and GnR of course.

P.S just secured one of the NY tour shirts (the orange one) just to make some of you jealous.

(Ignore the last one.)

UK SUBS.

noob! Not quite.

I'm sorry, been a genuine fan and part of the online community for years. Used to mod back in the old cd.com days, even before mygnr was at all big in the scene, some of the old-time guys should know me. That's since at least 2001, for all you newbies in this place! Not that having been in the scene so long gives me any right to go, but surely as much as you guys?

I don't want you to share it. I've seen the results before- long time fans like me end up paying 2-3x face value at least to go. Would almost be better for us without a presale, if you're throwing access around so easily.

But whatever. If you want to keep it in the clique here, that's just fine. Better that you guys get it than the eBay crew. Just won't be thrilled if I don't get to go!

Edited by mlewis

(Ignore the last one.)

UK SUBS.

noob! Not quite.

I'm sorry, been a genuine fan and part of the online community for years. Used to mod back in the old cd.com days, even before mygnr was at all big in the scene, some of the old-time guys should know me. That's since at least 2001, for all you newbies in this place!

But whatever. If you want to keep it in the clique here, that's just fine. Better that you guys get it than the eBay crew. Just won't be thrilled if I don't get to go!

Sorry mate but cherry's correct - ;)

I'd like to speak to you guys at the gig... it would be cool to meet the people we share quite a part of our lives with. I'll be with my brother and he's tough so if any of you are 64 year old peadophiles you will be sorry lol.

I'm gonna have W. Axl Kev printed on the back of my Scotland shirt. You wont need to look long for me. :)

(Ignore the last one.)

UK SUBS.

noob! Not quite.

I'm sorry, been a genuine fan and part of the online community for years. Used to mod back in the old cd.com days, even before mygnr was at all big in the scene, some of the old-time guys should know me. That's since at least 2001, for all you newbies in this place!

Sorry mate but cherry's correct - ;)

Noobs! :):P

Just remember the same things happened in 2002... I don't know if you guys were in the online community then, but leaking passwords around only let the scalpers in. No matter how well you know someone online, these things happen. Really, you shouldn't spread it at all- we were asked not to, and you're all seemingly ignoring that; by precedent, you should know what is going to happen. But I hope you get it to the genuine fans.

Edited by mlewis

I think i'll wear my Kill Your Idols T-Shirt, the Jesus pic stands out in dark places maybe Axl will see it then see me, ok maybe i'm dreaming :laugh: Yeah i was thinking of taking my camera B&S but do you think they will be allowed in the venue :question:

Guest cherry_bomb

im really excited to be seeing a7x again! hope that the audience give them a chance, theyre a great live act, perfect for opening gnr!

I think i'll wear my Kill Your Idols T-Shirt, the Jesus pic stands out in dark places maybe Axl will see it then see me, ok maybe i'm dreaming :laugh: Yeah i was thinking of taking my camera B&S but do you think they will be allowed in the venue :question:

To be honest mate, I have no idea.

When I saw Yngwie Malmsteen and The League of Gentlemen there I got a camera in no problem. When I saw Velvet Revolver and Iron Maiden there, I saw a ton of people taking pictures (Including a certain Izzy's Girl at Maiden) so I would take it, if it fits in your pocket they won't say anything. Video cameras they might though.

I heard people got their cams taken off of them at the NYC shows.

One woman had a digital cam and was taking pics in the place when the show had started. A guard bounded over and ordered her to give it to them--the woman refused and in the end ended up giving the guard her memory card. I think cams are a big no-no.

Yeah, I don't know where I got that info from...but I remember it from...somewhere :blink:

edit: but that was NYC---Hammersmith Apollo may be different. Tons of people had cams with them when I saw VR there. I wasn't even searched when I went in.

Edited by drops_of_jupiter

Guest cherry_bomb

I heard people got their cams taken off of them at the NYC shows.

One woman had a digital cam and was taking pics in the place when the show had started. A guard bounded over and ordered her to give it to them--the woman refused and in the end ended up giving the guard her memory card. I think cams are a big no-no.

Yeah, I don't know where I got that info from...but I remember it from...somewhere :blink:

ouch, better leave my camera at home then!! though i will b persuading my mate to take hers :tongue2: