Tell me this sounds good

Guest JohnUlmer

Guest JohnUlmer

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...7D715DA7FB3B73C

As you can hear, Axl's voice is really bad on this night. He was great on the 12th but I think all that hard rocking took its toll. He sounds like he's in pain here and Finck has to save him from dying out at one point by starting the (alternate - it's different from the demo) solo early. Axl also slips up at the end by repeating "Gonna get the FBI" twice or something, it's kinda funny.

I think there are some other real atrocities - Paradise City sounds like the VMAs performance and he's continually drowned out (vocal-wise) by instruments and actually stops singing at certain points to catch his breath and scream into the mic to overpower the instruments again - but it's a vicious cycle because as soon as he does this he can't recuperate again and thus has to pause again to catch his breath.

The Blues is really bad and he butchers a good portion of it.

I'm not trying to be negative, I think the performance on the 12th was amazing - but really, I don't think it sounds very good three days later. He was great the first night, but I honestly think all that effort blew his voice out already. Not a good sign because we still have all those tour dates to go...

His voice is bad on that performance. No doubt about that.

But how about if you uploaded other songs, and not the ones you think he sounds bad in?

Maybe Nightrain, Out Ta Get Me, etc. Maybe the whole show, so we can have the complete perspective and then make a judgement?

Guest JohnUlmer

But how about if you uploaded other songs, and not the ones you think he sounds bad in?

Maybe Nightrain, Out Ta Get Me, etc. Maybe the whole show, so we can have the complete perspective and then make a judgement?

I am actually trying to upload about ten files to YSI right now. 80% and it froze on me.

Anyway, I'd upload them all if I could but I don't have a way of converting them fast enough to MP3, I'm using a free tool I found but trial version only lets you do a couple files at a time, which is taking waaay too long. If anyone knows of a free converter tool I'll be happy to post them, but I can assure you that his voice sounds the same on all the songs.

It's a shame, because it's the best quality bootleg we have, and I think it's the worst his voice has been so far. Madagascar is probably the best-sounding song.

I'm sure someone will have it all in MP3 by the morning.

I just listened to the flac format boot of the 15th show and Axl sounds horrific all the way through and at best he sounds alright in some songs. :(

Y'know I hope he sounded better on the 12th 'cause this is a bad sign.

From what I heard of the 15th it was an awful show, Ron didn't do his guitar parts that well and Axl sounded crap. At least in 02 when Axl wasn't doing the business Bucket would contribute a blinding solo and save the song but since Ron has been in the band for a week you can't expect him to be as good with the material already. Hopefully they'll both improve otherwise GnR on tour will be a joke.

Guest JohnUlmer
I just listened to the flac format boot of the 15th show and Axl sounds horrific all the way through and at best he sounds alright in some songs. :(

From what I heard of the 15th it was an awful show, Ron didn't do his guitar parts that well and Axl sounded crap. At least in 02 when Axl wasn't doing the business Bucket would contribute a blinding solo and save the song but since Ron has been in the band for a week you can't expect him to be as good with the material already. Hopefully they'll both improve otherwise GnR on tour will be a joke.

Everyone was hailing Rocket Queen as evidence that he had "the rasp" again.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...AEB02040C195E92

:(

At least we had one great show on the 12th, but I think Axl is simply too old and worn out from his days singing in the '80s and '90s to perform as he used to. Losing his voice this early is a really bad sign, because this performance is worse in some areas than anything I heard from 2002, including the VMAs. He really butchers some of the songs in a bad, bad way.

Other than fucking up the words I don't think he sounded that bad on IRS. I'm giving Rocket Queen a listen now and it reminds me of 2002.

Yea Rocket Queen sounds nothing like the video from the 12th.

Edited by F*ck Fear

As you can hear, Axl's voice is really bad on this night. He was great on the 12th but I think all that hard rocking took its toll. He sounds like he's in pain here and Finck has to save him from dying out at one point by starting the (alternate - it's different from the demo) solo early. Axl also slips up at the end by repeating "Gonna get the FBI" twice or something, it's kinda funny.

I think there are some other real atrocities - Paradise City sounds like the VMAs performance and he's continually drowned out (vocal-wise) by instruments and actually stops singing at certain points to catch his breath and scream into the mic to overpower the instruments again - but it's a vicious cycle because as soon as he does this he can't recuperate again and thus has to pause again to catch his breath.

I'm not trying to be negative, I think the performance on the 12th was amazing - but really, I don't think it sounds very good three days later. He was great the first night, but I honestly think all that effort blew his voice out already. Not a good sign because we still have all those tour dates to go...

I dont know WTF is wrong with you people, it's really not that bad at all. There are a few very small blunders I noticed because I listened to the demo on repeat for about three weeks, but his voice still counded better here than on most, if not all of the 01-02 bootlegs I have. (and I have a shitload)

To me, you always seem negative John. I was at this show, and I think Axl's voice minus IRS and BETTER was spot on, and better than the previous nights. The band was defineatly tighter on May 15th than on May 12th, and that reflects the overall performance of GnR'. Not only that, the band and Axl were very happy and played for 2 1/2 hours.

If I'm not mistaken BETTER is played in a different key than the leaks, and Axl voice doesn't appear comfortable with it. However, he has played it on all 4 nights, so maybe it will get better.

That fuckin' rocks! I don't see anything bad about this performance at all! John you worry about his voice too much. All we've had is positive feedback so far! Remember if you are at the show it will probably sound fuckin' emmense!

He has a mixed voice now and I think it's perfect. He can put rasp into songs where it is needed and he can keep it clean aswell. Brilliant :)

I am actually trying to upload about ten files to YSI right now. 80% and it froze on me.

Anyway, I'd upload them all if I could but I don't have a way of converting them fast enough to MP3, I'm using a free tool I found but trial version only lets you do a couple files at a time, which is taking waaay too long. If anyone knows of a free converter tool I'll be happy to post them, but I can assure you that his voice sounds the same on all the songs.

It's a shame, because it's the best quality bootleg we have, and I think it's the worst his voice has been so far. Madagascar is probably the best-sounding song.

I have no idea what show from the 15th you're listening to.

Axl sounds awesome on the 15th, he sounds strong....better than he used to sound live 90% of the time in the 80's and 90's

It's not like he's ever been known for consistent live performances. You try running around while singing like that, see what it does to your throat.

A big part of not being negative would involve NOT saying negative things constantly and enjoyin' what you got. Just a thought/

Axl sounds awesome on the 15th, he sounds strong....better than he used to sound live 90% of the time in the 80's and 90's

It's not like he's ever been known for consistent live performances. You try running around while singing like that, see what it does to your throat.

A big part of not being negative would involve NOT saying negative things constantly and enjoyin' what you got. Just a thought/

John is pissed that he wasn't at the shows. Hey John, I was there front row center, and he sounded damn good.

Guest JohnUlmer

John is pissed that he wasn't at the shows. Hey John, I was there front row center, and he sounded damn good.

Sure, that's why. I could have gone to the show if I wanted to, I got presale info, I only live a couple hours away, I decided not to go because I figured I'd wait for them to play in my state rather than try to bear the hassle of NYC.

You'll also recall I've been supportive of Axl's new incarnation of GN'R from day one and have made a LOT of "support" threads in my time here - so anyone saying I'm constantly negative is either lying or has only read one or two of my posts. I would post some links to examples of my "happy" threads if the search function were enabled.

^^ was responding to you saying you weren't trying to be negative in your first post in this thread.

I don't really think Axl has EVER been a super consistent live performer, and that these concerts seem to be on par with where he was generally was at his "peak". Some songs sound great, some less so, but overall he sounds pretty strong.

There's no way, personally, that I could call this comparable to 2002. His performance now is in a different universe.

At least we had one great show on the 12th, but I think Axl is simply too old and worn out from his days singing in the '80s and '90s to perform as he used to. Losing his voice this early is a really bad sign, because this performance is worse in some areas than anything I heard from 2002, including the VMAs. He really butchers some of the songs in a bad, bad way.

your a fucking prick ULMER...Have you giving Better a chance? Dont come and tell me Axl could peformed that song like that on his last tour. Now he has control (jeah i know it wasent around then....)

But he does loses his breath to easy...But that will be BETTER iam sure

Edited by Revesokken

WHO GIVES A SHIT. He probably partied his ass off and hasn't done a concert since 2002. Be happy with what you have a shut the fuck up already.

Guest JohnUlmer

your a fucking prick ULMER...Have you giving Better a chance? Dont come and tell me Axl could peformed that song like that on his last tour. Now he has control (jeah i know it wasent around then....)

But he does loses his breath to easy...But that will be BETTER iam sure

I'm a prick for disagreeing with you?

Okay, then. :unsure:

Guest JohnUlmer

I've just my mind btw everyone, I still don't think it's THAT different from '02 but I do agree there's more power behind his voice here in most of the songs. It was probably the lowest point of the four days though.