Madrid!

Nijmegen93

Hi guys (back on the board after 6 years....),

Just wanted to share this with you. I had a job interview yesterday near Parque Juan Carlos I which has the Auditorio Juan Carlos I in it. So after the interview I thought "let's check it out". Then I found out that the park was damn huge and I couldn't find the Auditorio (auditorium I guess in English). I went to an information desk and asked if they was going to be a Guns N' Roses show in this place in a few days. The guy told me "we don't know, they are thinking of changing it to Getafe (crappy city close to Madrid)" and that's when I thought "oh fuck, here we go again....."

It's not the first time I'll buy a ticket (2002 Guns in Gelredome Holland...) for GNR and something happens and they don't show up. Well I guess we all have had our experiences with Axl and his old & new friends.

So I thought, what the hell, let's check it out anyway. So the guy told me where to go (long walk, damn it) and eventually I found the Auditorio and appoaching it I could already here some hammering and stuff! The place looks great!!! Three days before the concert and there were already about 25 persons working on the stage, even some amps were visible (covered in plastic). I thought "this must be for something else" but some security guards told me with a wonderful Spanish accent that is was definitely for "Gans ent Ruses".

The stage looks huge! Very high. It's an open air arena, I think the first time they play out in the open since Rock in Rio in 2001. I'm looking forward to it so much! It's been 13 years since I saw Axl set things off. Anyway, sorry for all this useless crap, I'm just excited. I only think that there might be very few people showing up since I have litterarely seen 2 pieces of paper on some random walls in Madrid saying Guns was playing and the guy telling me about moving the concert, no one knows...but what the hell, maybe I'll get my own private Hammersteinlike concert. Sorry I didn't bring a camera.

I must have looked quite stupid with a suit and tie on and all but it was worth it. Just 2 more nights....

See ya,

Base

ps. For those who care: The interview went well, haha!

Getafe isn´t that far from Madrid, but I think, if they are already building up the stage I don´t think (better: I hope) they will change the venue, but hey, it´s Guns n´ Roses, everything is possible.

Getafe to me would be better..Anyway prefer they dont change anything,,then GNRs s stage is bein prepared!!!! Oh gods, its true!!!, they come back!!!!, I will only miss Slash, Duff, Matt..!!! Fuck offf !!!!!!!! AXL Madrid is ready !!!!¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

Hi guys (back on the board after 6 years....),

Just wanted to share this with you. I had a job interview yesterday near Parque Juan Carlos I which has the Auditorio Juan Carlos I in it. So after the interview I thought "let's check it out". Then I found out that the park was damn huge and I couldn't find the Auditorio (auditorium I guess in English). I went to an information desk and asked if they was going to be a Guns N' Roses show in this place in a few days. The guy told me "we don't know, they are thinking of changing it to Getafe (crappy city close to Madrid)" and that's when I thought "oh fuck, here we go again....."

It's not the first time I'll buy a ticket (2002 Guns in Gelredome Holland...) for GNR and something happens and they don't show up. Well I guess we all have had our experiences with Axl and his old & new friends.

So I thought, what the hell, let's check it out anyway. So the guy told me where to go (long walk, damn it) and eventually I found the Auditorio and appoaching it I could already here some hammering and stuff! The place looks great!!! Three days before the concert and there were already about 25 persons working on the stage, even some amps were visible (covered in plastic). I thought "this must be for something else" but some security guards told me with a wonderful Spanish accent that is was definitely for "Gans ent Ruses".

The stage looks huge! Very high. It's an open air arena, I think the first time they play out in the open since Rock in Rio in 2001. I'm looking forward to it so much! It's been 13 years since I saw Axl set things off. Anyway, sorry for all this useless crap, I'm just excited. I only think that there might be very few people showing up since I have litterarely seen 2 pieces of paper on some random walls in Madrid saying Guns was playing and the guy telling me about moving the concert, no one knows...but what the hell, maybe I'll get my own private Hammersteinlike concert. Sorry I didn't bring a camera.

I must have looked quite stupid with a suit and tie on and all but it was worth it. Just 2 more nights....

See ya,

Base

ps. For those who care: The interview went well, haha!

I'M IMPATIENCE !!!!!

I'm very nervious about the show. I had my fuckin experience and dissapointments with Mr. Rose, 4 shows was canceled in the past !!! but I can see in Barcelona in 1993. After read your words I can feel more close to the show !! GNFR!!

presentacion01.jpg

How freaking awesome is that theatre hey!!!???

(where is your Hammerstein now.......just kidding!)

That is an awesome place to view a GNR show, just fabulous! NYC does not have the relaible Mediteranean climate found in Spain. There would be little use for such a venue, though they do exist in limited form. There are several venues similar in California. But obviously being in Spain is an entirely different experience (not that I have ever seen as show in such a theatre). I am sure there will be some awesome pics. Hammerstein Ballroom is located in the Manhattan Center (where I go to industry related conventions). The place needs some serious renovation.

I only think that there might be very few people showing up since I have litterarely seen 2 pieces of paper on some random walls in Madrid saying Guns was playing and the guy telling me about moving the concert, no one knows...

No, there's gonna be 8.000 people I think... the sitting tickets (I don't know if that's well said) are completely sold out, as you can see on the servicaixa web page.

There hasn't been a lot of publicity for the show, but there's enough people who wants to see this band tomorrow.

8000 at least, without publicity or commercials... I'd say it's pretty damn good!!!

I only think that there might be very few people showing up since I have litterarely seen 2 pieces of paper on some random walls in Madrid saying Guns was playing and the guy telling me about moving the concert, no one knows...

No, there's gonna be 8.000 people I think... the sitting tickets (I don't know if that's well said) are completely sold out, as you can see on the servicaixa web page.

There hasn't been a lot of publicity for the show, but there's enough people who wants to see this band tomorrow.

8000 at least, without publicity or commercials... I'd say it's pretty damn good!!!

It sold out yesterday, the only tickets that will be available are the ones they sell at the venue two hors prior to the show. So stop being so fucking pesmistic!!. By May 1st the 4320 seating ticks were gone and there was aprox. 5000 of 8680 general admission tickets sold. Why are they going to be wasting money printing a ton of posters around town when they already had nationwide radio ads every five fuckin minutes? Yesterday it sold out for good, so stop worrying and be happy! There will be 13,000 motherfuckers out there tomorrow, I guarantee

I'm fucking happy even if I go and then find nobody else's bought another forsaken ticket!!!

Signed: One of the 13.000 motherfuckers.

:unsure:

It's total BS because there's been promotion on mags (poular1, this is rock, kerrang) , rocksites (metalcircus, rocktotal, basa, mariskal), radio (rock&gol, 40...) Tv (40tv, MTV spain).

You´ve forgotten the Spanish Rolling Stone. Axl is on the first side (not on the title, that´s Bob Marley) and they have an Interview with him, but I don´t know what it´s about, because my spanish sucks and so I only have the possibility to look at the pics. :drevil:

I wasn't aware of that... kewl! If i find that issue, I'll help you out with the transaltion

It´s a small interview (even with a new pic) and I think it´s about the new songs, but they mention for example "Dust in the wind", so I don´t know how reliable their source is, but it would be really cool to know what they´re exactly talkin about, thanks.

Edited by misch

Maiki, I'm your biggest fan! About the English: You might write it, you might speak it, but you just don't seem to understand it......how about three months Sacramento this year? And oh yeah, swear more in your next post, makes you look more mature! Cool that it's sold out though, thanks for the info mate!

paralelism! enlighten!

Actually I do like to inform you.

A: "Not much interest in the European shit" was obviously stated towards the forummembers outside of Europe since hardly anyone from those whereabouts (except for one guy, thank you) responded. Not that my little tale was so great, it was more a fact that hardly anyone viewed it and seemed to be more interested in Tommy Hillfiger.

B: I did not "bitch" about the amount of people showing up, I bitched about the fact that I was worried few people would show up, there is a big difference there. Now you came with some good info that I missed for some reason and proved my worries were not justified. Thanks again.

C: How the hell can you call a nostalgic nerd that goes to the arena 4 days before the concert and who writes too much about it, "someone spreading negative stuff and bitching and all"?? I really think you missed my point or read the whole thing with a negative bias from the point I said that the nice woman pronounced GNR funny. I know how you Spanish always get very upset when someone makes fun of your language skills, I'm sorry, easy jokes, won't do it again and yes your English is more than fine.

D: Enjoy the show

Base