GOD FUCKIN DAMN IT AXL!

tippin

Well kids.....One show into the spring/summer tour, and we've already got Axl and the boys nearly starting a riot because of their lack of ability to be on time...

It just seems to me that this behavior HAD TO HAVE BEEN DROPPED years ago.....

Are they fuckin stupid? Do they not know that if this tour goes off the way their last one did, IT IS OVER?!

If they continue to act this way, they will have alienated the last of their fans, and theres no going back. No one will care about Chinese Democracy! Fans buy music to tide them over until they can see them LIVE!!!

I'm really worried guys....I just don't understand this.....if this shit goes the way i'm afraid it will, it could all just end. All this time being die hards, with no payoff!

We know you have amazing music to share Axl! Be fuckin responsible so we can hear it!!!!!!!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well kids.....One show into the spring/summer tour, and we've already got Axl and the boys nearly starting a riot because of their lack of ability to be on time...

It just seems to me that this behavior HAD TO HAVE BEEN DROPPED years ago.....

Are they fuckin stupid? Do they not know that if this tour goes off the way their last one did, IT IS OVER?!

If they continue to act this way, they will have alienated the last of their fans, and theres no going back. No one will care about Chinese Democracy! Fans buy music to tide them over until they can see them LIVE!!!

I'm really worried guys....I just don't understand this.....if this shit goes the way i'm afraid it will, it could all just end. All this time being die hards, with no payoff!

We know you have amazing music to share Axl! Be fuckin responsible so we can hear it!!!!!!!

what you mean r you there

he would do best to prove he can show up in a timely manner, for promotional sake.

But in reality, He is Axl Rose, This is Guns N Roses, and he gets away with it. One minute the crowd is going to be calling him a son of a bitch, the next they are going to be completely captivated by him. Thats how its always been.

Axl has always been late for shows, and any fan who buys tickets to a show knows this.

So, I don't understand why people are surprised or outraged.

It's like a guy who buys a house near an airport -- and then whines and complains about the sound of planes overhead.

Yeah, it sucks that he was late. Fans started to riot and people screamed insults at him about his hair, botox and his weight. But seriously, how can these people call themselves fan. Everyone knows that he is not always on time. How can they be so suprised? But then agian, when these people lose a football game, they riot too....I just hope this won't upset Axl enough to screw up the release date of the album or anything.

i agree also I am so sick of fucking people bitchin about start time!! where they hell have they been forever..

I wish axl would even change mr brownstone or even joke about show "we go on stage around 9" is that am these days at stereo

peace out

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

I agree. When I saw them at Hammerstein even though I knew he'd come on stage hours late it still pissed me off and the fact is the majority of the crowd was pissed off. Nobody respects that shit. If he's not gonna take the stage untill 11:00 then don't open the damn doors untill 9:00. It's bullshit the way he does that. yes he put on one hell of a show but why coudln't he do that at 9:30pm? It's disrespect towards the fans. Some fans work the next day, some fans are paying babysitters, some fans might want to actually hit a pub at a decent hour after the show, especially those fans who are useing the show as an excuse for a vacation. There's no need for Axl to go on stage at 11:00 or later. There just isn't.

So are you guys saying that if worse comes to worse and the tour gets cancelled, people will give GnR another chance? I just don't buy it this time.

There are only so many second chances in life, and I think they're running out.

These guys aren't the biggest band in the world anymore. As far as most people are concerned, they're just another washed up band trying for a comeback.

I hope to god that the tour goes of without a hitch, because I believe they can be great again, but there comes a time when they have to be held accountable.

so did axl show up

nope, all of spain was destroyed in the resulting riot

:rolleyes:

(yes he showed up <_< )

oh, and btw, i wasn't pissed off at all when guns took the stage at 11 at the Hammerstein

they played an awesome show and in my opinion (and I was in line from 2:30 in the afternoon on the 17th) it was worth every second of the wait!

Edited by jc524

Axl has always been late for shows, and any fan who buys tickets to a show knows this.

It's like a guy who buys a house near an airport -- and then whines and complains about the sound of planes overhead.

Well there had been rumors that Axl was Awol, then they went to the concert and wait....wait...wait... little little patience......yeahhhh but hey 2 hours adn u're not even sure they'll show up...........

And maybe u have to go to work the day after...and maybe u have a long way to your home.........

If only someone could posticipate Axl's watch...he could be on time ? :)

so did axl show up

nope, all of spain was destroyed in the resulting riot

:rolleyes:

(yes he showed up <_< )

oh, and btw, i wasn't pissed off at all when guns took the stage at 11 at the Hammerstein

they played an awesome show and in my opinion (and I was in line from 2:30 in the afternoon on the 17th) it was worth every second of the wait!

smartass

Exactly. Well said. - :ph34r:

So are you guys saying that if worse comes to worse and the tour gets cancelled, people will give GnR another chance? I just don't buy it this time.

These guys aren't the biggest band in the world anymore. As far as most people are concerned, they're just another washed up band trying for a comeback.

I hope to god that the tour goes of without a hitch, because I believe they can be great again, but there comes a time when they have to be held accountable.

I agree 100%. there won't be another chance for Axl if he blows this. the only way he could fuck this up and get another chance would be with a full out reunion. This is Axl's last chance as far as this "solo" Guns thing is concerend. I'm with you tippin, and I really hope Axl understands the consequences here. Seriously to all who support Axl coming on stage nearly 4 hours after the venues open the doors tell me what it would hurt for him to come on stage 2 hours earlier?

This is from another post from a guy that saw the show:

"2 hours of delay,a man said technic porblems,adn the band arriving in their expensive cars around 23 55,shame¡¡¡¡bad sound"

So they were supposed to start at 10pm, made up some bullshit about technical problems and then didn't even arrive at the arena until 11:55pm!

I hope this was just a bad night.

Axl could afford to get away with being that late in 1988-1993 when GnR were at their heights of popularity (and selling out stadiums). But Clear Channel cancelling the tour after the Philly 02 now show/riot proves he can't get away with it now.

I agree there's too much on the line this time for Axl to pull a stunt like this.

Hopefully the US press won't make a big deal out of this story (Associated Press, Reuters). It would send a bad message to tour promoters here in the states.

Thank god they didn't actually riot. That definitely would have made headlines over here.

I agree 100%. there won't be another chance for Axl if he blows this. the only way he could fuck this up and get another chance would be with a full out reunion. This is Axl's last chance as far as this "solo" Guns thing is concerend. I'm with you tippin, and I really hope Axl understands the consequences here. Seriously to all who support Axl coming on stage nearly 4 hours after the venues open the doors tell me what it would hurt for him to come on stage 2 hours earlier?

its true, i think we all realize this is the last chance for Axl, but its the first show, so i'm not worried yet

"2 hours of delay,a man said technic porblems,adn the band arriving in their expensive cars around 23 55,shame¡¡¡¡bad sound"

So they were supposed to start at 10pm, made up some bullshit about technical problems and then didn't even arrive at the arena until 11:55pm!

Axl could afford to get away with being that late in 1988-1993 when GnR were at their heights of popularity (and selling out stadiums). But Clear Channel cancelling the tour after the Philly 02 now show/riot proves he can't get away with it now.

I agree there's too much on the line this time for Axl to pull a stunt like this.

Hopefully the US press won't make a big deal out of this story (Associated Press, Reuters). It would send a bad message to tour promoters here in the states.

Thank god they didn't actually riot. That definitely would have made headlines over here.

Midnight!!! that's unbeliveable. How can any of you justify that? You can't just say "That's Axl" It doesn't fly anymore.

I don't know jc524 stuff like this happening at the first show can't be a good sign. If the band shows up this late people start to wonder where they are and shit gets cancelled as a precaution. Next thing you know venues won't open the doors untill Axl is actually in the building. It's the first show so maybe it was just bad night but seriously how can Axl have more bad nights on such a consitant basis on every tour he's ever done than all other bands have had their entire careers. These aren't bad nights, they're just bad habits and a total lack of respect. For anyone to say that letting the fans wait untill midnight is not disrespectfull is insane.

Midnight!!! that's unbeliveable. How can any of you justify that? You can't just say "That's Axl" It doesn't fly anymore.

I don't know jc524 stuff like this happening at the first show can't be a good sign. If the band shows up this late people start to wonder where they are and shit gets cancelled as a precaution. Next thing you know venues won't open the doors untill Axl is actually in the building. It's the first show so maybe it was just bad night but seriously how can Axl have more bad nights on such a consitant basis on every tour he's ever done than all other bands have had their entire careers. These aren't bad nights, they're just bad habits and a total lack of respect. For anyone to say that letting the fans wait untill midnight is not disrespectfull is insane.

I guess you're right but still, while midnight is pretty extreme, perhaps this is not a sign of things to come, and maybe it was a fluke

I'm still witholding judgement until at least a few more shows in