Fans Angry Over Axl Being 2 Hours Late

CALUCA

I thought the new songs sounded pretty good, especially TWAT actually. Some guy wrote that the songs sounded a little flat, have to agree with him there, probably due to equipment. On the other hand, here you see how subjective we all are, he also said Better sucked and I thought it sounded great! But definitely The Blues and Madagascar sounded a little empty while I love those songs and think they would have made a better impression on the Spaniards if the sound was more full/bombastic.

I actually wore my 1993 Alice in Chains shirt (Rotterdam, amazing concert!) just hoping, against all odds, they would open for Guns in Madrid as well. Guess what, they didn't..... I really love to know how they'll do in Nijmegen opening up for Guns, please write a review of it. Although I do think that it's almost as hard to fill Layne Staley's shoes in Alice in Chains as it would be to fill Axl's shoes in GNR, you know what I mean? Such typical "one in a million" voices.

Base

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Excuse my english, it's not very good. I was yesterday in Madrid and I think that the show was great. The sound was ok, AXL sings very well, better than in 2k2. The band is ok, also. If I forget the 2 hours of waiting, I really think that the show was something big.

People is ignorant. I don't know what they want. Slash and Duff with the fuckin' Velvet Revolver? That's fuckin' boring stuff. I really think that AXL and the new Roses are bigger than VR.

GN'R was a stadium rock band, with a lot of solos and shit like this, and it was great in the past? Why not today?

Excuse my english again. The Guns N' Roses show in Madrid was great.

Rocket69

HAHAHHA :rofl-lol:

Axl needs to show up on time... anyway, what the hell does he have better to do anyway...that justifies the fact that he is pissing off all of the fans... If he keeps it up, the tour will not last long as a riot will break out before the show or a curfew will shutdown a concert after they have played like 6 songs....

Oh my god......another asslicker.....

Oh, how "hypocritical" of me to enjoy a show but to be angry to have to wait for it for two hours. Hell, I guess next time we mind as well wait a week in the concerthall!

Read my post on Gilby please, maybe it'll change your opinion, probably not, but see if I care.

Oh and by the way, I must be a really crappy fan who just last week found out about GNR to put pictures of the stage two days before the show on the web for stupid fucks like you to enjoy. I must have really always been so "hypocritical" about Guns N' Roses. You know what, I probably don't even have a single album of theirs.

By the way, do you really think Axl gives a fuck about you? Let's say he reads your post and sees "cool man, you enjoyed the show, doesn't matter that you have to wait two hours", do you think he thinks your cool or do you think he thinks "what a nerd". 'Cause yeah, that's what I think he thinks, you're a nerd.

Bye now, go lick Axl's ass.

Oh, what a shame, you can't even do that....

I'm no Axl-asslicker. Ofcourse Axl doesn't give two shits about me or you. You really think I thought he did? waha. You have no clue. ooh and, I'm not saying your a crappy fan. I'm saying you bitch about things 'obvious' in the Gn'r world. Taking stage late etc.

You got to see a good band. But bitch about them beeing late? (there's a 99% chance they start late considering history) that makes you a hypocrite.

:xmassrudolph:

So you would be happy if Axl was 2 hours late on a show that you are on :huh:

And if you think it's so fun you can go to a show one week before it starts then you will have a hole week of fun :rolleyes:

Don't make assumptions.

Would I be happy if Axl was 2 hours late? No.

Could I expect it to happen? Hell yes

Will I be happy regardless if he shows up even tho beeing late? fuck yes mate!

Conclusion: Did I say anywhere it is 'fun'? no......... Expected? yes

Therefor I don't get worked up in all of this.

ooh, and I'm going the the Nijmegen gig. If he doesn't show up.....so be it......I hope he does show up ofcourse....big chance he's taking the stage late..........see.....I'm prepared.....I can only enjoy the show. Even if he walks of after one song..... It's all in the 'game'.

peace

Just try enjoy that Guns are on tour again!

Ok but I think it's bad of axl to come 2 hours late to the first show on the tour.

Why are this people complaining about?????? ok, the band was 2 hous late... have u waited for your girlfriend some time????? i´ve waited longer!!!!!!!!! and no complains!!!!!! yes, i got what i wanted at the end.. jeejejejeje... but, the set list was amazing, the band attitude was extraordinary, even with some fuckers throwing beers and telling Axl son of a bitch... and they completed a great show... that was worth the wait, as some friends of mine, true fans that were at the concert, told me.

So, come on spanish people, if you havent seen GNR since 1992, grow up, we have new members, with different skills than the original band, but you heard PC, KOHD, SCOM, NR... and a good bunch of new songs... so, stop complaing about nothing, i envy you, i wish i have guns on my city, i have waited for 13 years, two hours is not that much...

Yeah,i'm completely agree with you..I still can't understand why all this people are complaining about it..I felt so sad and disappointet after reading some reviews last night..Ok they were 2 hours late for the show,that's old,if a you're a G'N'R fan you should know that have always done that..Axl is always late, so what??

You should be thankful to them for chosen your country for the opening of their European tour..

I remember that when Guns played here in 1992 they showed up to the stage at 11:30 with more than 2 hours late..And the wait was absolutely worth it rock3

Edited by nathalie92

I bet 30% of the audience were expecting to see Splash on the stage last night.

I admit i felt very ashamed for the Spanish audience.

If you don't like solos, you sould've stayed at home.

If you don't accept 2 hour delay fon G'N'R, you sould've stayed at home.

If you think Axl is an "Hijo de Puta", you sould've stayed at home.

If you think the band stole your money... you sould've stayed at home.

Why are this people complaining about?????? ok, the band was 2 hous late... have u waited for your girlfriend some time????? i´ve waited longer!!!!!!!!! and no complains!!!!!! yes, i got what i wanted at the end.. jeejejejeje... but, the set list was amazing, the band attitude was extraordinary, even with some fuckers throwing beers and telling Axl son of a bitch... and they completed a great show... that was worth the wait, as some friends of mine, true fans that were at the concert, told me.

So, come on spanish people, if you havent seen GNR since 1992, grow up, we have new members, with different skills than the original band, but you heard PC, KOHD, SCOM, NR... and a good bunch of new songs... so, stop complaing about nothing, i envy you, i wish i have guns on my city, i have waited for 13 years, two hours is not that much...

good reply.

Wow.

I am very, very surprised at all the talk of people being surprised Slash wasn't there. I mean, how much of a casual fan do you have to be to not know this at this point?

You know, this might be the downside of all the idiodic reunion talk. Its setting people up for disappointment.

Wow.

I am very, very surprised at all the talk of people being surprised Slash wasn't there. I mean, how much of a casual fan do you have to be to not know this at this point?

You know, this might be the downside of all the idiodic reunion talk. Its setting people up for disappointment.

I think people expecting to see Slash is understandable really - there has been very little promotion for this tour, the same as 2001/2002 - and it seems like they don't need it. Music videos are always on TV featuring the old band members - what are people supposed to think.

I think it also highlights the lack of impact VR has had on old school Gn'R fans.

R.

To be fair, when I tell people who aren't big GNR fans I'm going to see them, their first reaction is surprise because they didn't think GNR were still about and their second reaction is asking when the reunion happened.

This is what happens when you don't get an album/single/music video out there. Sure, us fans know it all, but it's easy to forget that to people outside the GNR bubble they don't really get any info fed to them.

Edited by Slash's Appetite

Ive been a fan of gnfnr since, well hell they had me at mr brownstone. I think its funny that people can bitch and complain all the time about axl being late or the band soundingl like shit. Its rock n roll, deal with it. U are a fucking idiot if u go to a gnr show and think they will be on time...lmao....I been to alot of damn gnr shows and i cant recall them ever starting on time...its pretty much expected, deal with it or dont go. axl doesnt like to go on until hes ready and i think the true gnr fans realize this and accept it . I guess my point is stfu .....GNFNR

To be honest, a lot I think. And that goes for lot's of different nationalities I know. Actually, I think only the (once) die-hard fans really know he's out. I even meet people who think VR is some kind of side project of his.

I don't know, at least in Holland, Slash leaving Guns in '96 wasn't exactly frontpage news. Maybe it would have had it happend some years earlier but especially then, end of '94, '95 & '96 everything around Guns was extremely silent and the casual fans lost interest.

My point of view....don't kill me now!

I get the knock about old pictures and clips being used to promote this.

Yes, its a problem, but its all they have really.

But I guess where you lose me is that a full blown reunion tour would be promoted as such. The posters would have things like "for the first time in 13 years" and "on the same stage".

I mean, wouldn't it? Am I crazy here??

Ok everyone keep it in your pants, everyone needs to take this "2006 world tour" for granted. Axl has a miserable track record for not shwoing up it should just be common sense by now. He likes to be late for some odd reason. First of all i dont really give a sh*t if Axl is showing up late for concerts in Madrid or anywhere else in Europe. I dont care if hes late I just want to hear music. The date we should all be worrying about it when Chinese Democracy will finnaly be released. That is the date you want Axl to show up on. Until then you fuckers can stop whining about Axl showing up because I give the guy credit, he has to deal with a lot of adversity and he hasnt failed us in 2006... yet