Back to the Future 4?

Montrealer

Is it just me or I feel like in a Back to the future movie?

I fell like if Doc Brown sent me back to 2002!

I don't post too much because I don't like to post about anything but today I feel like my wife in the famous week of the month... i just feel like bitching about GN'R.

Oh not the band.. I love the new Guns N' Roses, I think that this band is great. I saw them in 2002 and in New York lately and I appreciate every member of the band. Of course I would love to see Slash, Duff and Izzy on stage but I'm just a fan, I can't take decision for the band.

When people complains about the new members and how it's not Guns N' Roses, I always use the same answer. I'm a Montreal Canadiens hockey club fan. They have won 24 Stanley Cup so far, they are part of our life, city and tradition. Every seasons, people go crazy for the tickets, even tho some of the team members have changed during the summer. It's the same team even if we make trade, players go and new one comes.. just like Guns N' Roses.

As for the decison, thank god I'm not taking any! How can you start a new tour making the same mistake that you did 4 years ago? At the Hammerstein I was really confident about the next tour. They had in the place official photographers, professional camera staff.. etc.... I was thinking they would have use those pictures, films, to promote the tour in Europe.

When you want to sell something, because that's what a tour is..selling. You have to show the customers what they are buying. You have to go to them and say, 'Here's the band, the new players are ....., what you see if what you get'. Let's say I would like to sell you a guitar, I show you the picture of it but when you receive it, it's not the same... that's call fraud even tho it's still a guitar.

What piss me off? For years I feel like I'm fighting to make people understand that this is Guns N' Roses, that they sound great, that Axl is in great shape...etc... I feel like a GN'R Pr working for free. If us the fans are willing to do it, I think that they should start too.

So a message to GN'R, do some photoshoot, do some television publicity using the new band image.. if you don't.. you know what will happen. you already went thru it.

ozzy doesn't trade under the name black sabbath-catch my drift?

My guess is because the rest of said band did not short sightedly sign away their rights.

Slash and Duff made their own bed on that one, I'm afraid.

There's no use use now in not getting on

Should have seen it coming all along

Which, frankly, is what Slash says. That he could see this coming. That he knew Axl would never do a solo project because he considered Guns his solo project.

Yet Slash signed away his rights anyway. So too fucking bad for him.

ozzy doesn't trade under the name black sabbath-catch my drift?

no, but the rest of the band did, with Ronnie James Dio singing.

I agree. Do you know what has never happened? A professional group picture of the entire new Guns N' Roses.

We could sure use one of those.

I hate when people use the argument with sports teams analogy. It's stupid. Would you still be a fan of the Montreal Canadiens if everybody quit but the owner and he changed it into a curling team???

As I can remember, Guns N' Roses is not transform to a pop band or a classic orchestra

I agree. Do you know what has never happened? A professional group picture of the entire new Guns N' Roses.

weird...my and a friend actually talked about that earlier today..

And I think it's one of the reasons I can't see them as a band.. The new guys sort of have a "hired-musician" feeling over them..

I think they should have a photosession or something..it would make tham more belivable as a band..

I hate when people use the argument with sports teams analogy. It's stupid. Would you still be a fan of the Montreal Canadiens if everybody quit but the owner and he changed it into a curling team???

As I can remember, Guns N' Roses is not transform to a pop band or a classic orchestra

:lol:

New Guns N' Roses hasn't won any Stanley Cups yet (aka a good fucking album of original material)!

I totally agree with you, that's why they really need to do promotion about the new band.

Things would be different if they had released an album..

Since it won't happend before a few months (...) they can't count on that

Sometimes I think maybe Axl shouldn't use the GNR name, but it's really just smart business. Could "Axl Rose" have headlined Rock in Rio or the Video Music Awards? I don't think so. There's lots of money in using the GNR name, and Axl's smart for doing it.

Personally, I feel like the new GN'R is "Guns N' Roses," if you know what I mean. The original guys were great, but these new guys play the fuck out of the old songs and judging by the new material we've heard so far too, they also know how to write damn good songs.

It's only a matter of time before the majority of people out there think of the new band as Guns N' Roses.

GnR are a Rock band not a Hockey team. That analogy just doesn't fit. Axl wanted to keep the name to get the advance money for the next GnR album,plain and simple. If he went under his own name he couldn't have pulled this shit about not releasing an album in 15 years and spending 13+ million recording. I still love the new band but he needs to start a new era by releasing Chinese Democracy. The new guys have no chance at being accepted by the general public when they are basically touring behind Appetite For Destruction.

Let's put it into better perspective. If I'm a Chicago Bulls fan and Michael Jordan is my favorite player and everyone on the team quits and he reforms a new team around himself.....then I'm still going to love the Bulls and I'm going to get into the "new" line-up, support it and watch it steam-roll over the past.

BTW - I'm not an Michael Jordan fan, but I am an Axl Rose fan.

~M

Edited by MetaSouL

When people complains about the new members and how it's not Guns N' Roses, I always use the same answer. I'm a Montreal Canadiens hockey club fan. They have won 24 Stanley Cup so far, they are part of our life, city and tradition. Every seasons, people go crazy for the tickets, even tho some of the team members have changed during the summer. It's the same team even if we make trade, players go and new one comes.. just like Guns N' Roses.

:rolleyes: Oh please, you're only saying that because Axl is in the band.

Would it still be GNR if Axl Rose wasn't in it?

Would you still support the band if Axl Rose wasn't in it?

Of course not.

The only reason you're making the comparisms is because of the fact that since Axl owns the rights to the name, there is no way in hell he won't be in any other band that isn't called Guns N' Roses.

And for that reason, you statement shall now be deemed redundant.

Yeah, but sports teams are expected to keep changing their lineups. In fact, there performance suffers if they don't. And no matter how much the lineup changes, no one ever says that they aren't playing baseball/cricket/curling anymore. No one says "Mick Jagger is really getting past it, the stone's manager needs to bring in some new blood." Whereas with music, people become attached to old members. Those members write the songs, define the band's image and sound; ie what the band is. It's a completely different situation.

.....Whereas with music, people become attached to old members. Those members write the songs, define the band's image and sound; ie what the band is. It's a completely different situation.

Let me translate: People get attached to members, then when those members leave there is no more music except what resides in the past, thus holding those fans locked in the past. With new GNR you are correct, as they are defining a new image and new sound. If people don't like it, then follow these instructions:

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...B80AE2C63D0636D

~M

Edited by MetaSouL