Finck doing November Rain solo..

Sweden_Loves_GnR

You know if I'm going to see "Guns n' Roses" I want to hear the Guns n' Roses songs played the way they were written! I don't want to hear someone's shitty "rendition" of a classic solo.

C.W.K.

why don't you write a letter to Axl explaining it to him. Im' sure he'd love to hear from you.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he's just trying to put his own spin on it, to show that HE'S the guitarist now, and HE'S the one playing it.

so yeah, he'll get a ton of shit for Not playing just like Slash did,

but at least he can say he contributed something to the 2006 version of the song.

Again I've said this before, there is nothing wrong with putting on your own spin AS LONG AS IT SOUNDS GOOD. Buckethead's nightrain outro and Ron's outro for November Rain kick ass. Nobody complains about that. But everybody bitches about Finck's 2nd solo in November Rain...why? Because it doesn't sound good.

The rhythm guitarist Fortus plays the 1st solo note for note and it sounds great. I doubt Finck can play it properly, he struggles with SCOM which has one of the easiest riffs of all time. Oh I guess he's improvising that one too...well it sucks unfortunately.

You know one improvisation he does that's great? Patience...I love how he plays Patience. Unfortunately his other renditions of Slash's music suck.

The guy above got it right. He plays it that way on purpose. Are you telling me FInck CAN'T play that solo?

Pi$$ off, I probably could. My little brother certainly can and he's 16.

You have to remember that Finck doesn't want to play those songs the way Slash wrote and played them. If it were up to the likes of Finck and Fortus, they wouldn't play ANY old GNR songs.

They have written more than enough of their own to play for you. Hopefully one day that will happen.

Im with him/her, its Finks style to play like that. I think its ok, its unique we can all say that.

You know if I'm going to see "Guns n' Roses" I want to hear the Guns n' Roses songs played the way they were written! I don't want to hear someone's shitty "rendition" of a classic solo.

C.W.K.

AMEN

In that case you better just listen to the cd... Since Slash did make variations to it and didn't really play it note to note everytime.

C.W.K.

AMEN

In that case you better just listen to the cd... Since Slash did make variations to it and didn't really play it note to note everytime.

Yuo know what?

SLASH's variations were on theme!

He kept the same style and the same sound!

I LOVED SLASH'S VARIATIONS!

C.W.K.

AMEN

Yuo know what?

Well in that case you can't agree with chirswk's post ;)

C.W.K.

AMEN

You know what?

Well in that case you can't agree with chirswk's post ;)

He said he doesn't like the "shitty renditions" not the "cool variations"

Meh I think the baseline was:

"You know if I'm going to see "Guns n' Roses" I want to hear the Guns n' Roses songs played the way they were written! "

Maybe we got different sides of the same medal?

By the way I love Helsinky!!!!!!! (I know it's out of theme...)

Ýeah, Finck sometimes screws up big time on solos... It's OK to mold solos into your own playing but hell, they should at least sound good. Sometimes his playing is embarrassing to watch... But well, at least he doesn't fuck it up all the time, sounding amazing most of the time. Excellent person.

(How the hell can you screw up SCOM beginning...god...)

C.W.K.

why don't you write a letter to Axl explaining it to him. Im' sure he'd love to hear from you.

I'll do that since the only reason I post in this board is because I think Axl is going to read it! :rolleyes: I think my eyes are going to roll out of their sockets. And for those of you analyzing my post word for word, if Slash made variations back in the day you usually couldn't tell becasue they flowed, and even if you could tell it didn't take you out of the moment because they added volume to the song. Screeches and underbending/overbending do not flow nor add substance to the song. And I agree with SylvesterStallone to an extent, the new version of Nightrain is pretty cool. So, if done well, variations can add to a song. In Mr. Finck's case this is definitley not the case.

C.W.K.

Edited by chriswk

C.W.K.

I'll do that since the only reason I post in this board is because I think Axl is going to read it! :rolleyes: I think my eyes are going to roll out of their sockets.

C.W.K.

:D

The rhythm guitarist Fortus plays the 1st solo note for note and it sounds great. I doubt Finck can play it properly, he struggles with SCOM which has one of the easiest riffs of all time. Oh I guess he's improvising that one too...well it sucks unfortunately.

Madison Square Garden 2002. Best ever Sweet Child O' Mine.

I hope you're only referring to this band's history..

-Kickingthehabit

First of all, most people are associating the album version of NR to Finck's live performance. If you compare live performance to live performance you will find that Slash played very flawed at times as well. Check this out and put your mind to rest.

Listen to this solo of Slash playing NR:

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...03FDA15307CB4F9

Now listen to this solo of Finck playing it:

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...3997DD45C3A8D6E

~M

First of all, most people are associating the album version of NR to Finck's live performance. If you compare live performance to live performance you will find that Slash played very flawed at times as well. Check this out and put your mind to rest.

Listen to this solo of Slash playing NR:

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...03FDA15307CB4F9

Now listen to this solo of Finck playing it:

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?acti...3997DD45C3A8D6E

~M

I guess that must be Matt Sorum playing that solo.. not slash :o

It's very hard for me to listen to a different version of a solo, I heard some different ones from Slash and they sounded great, but generally I think solos are almost as important to me as vocals, if a solo sounds different it's as if Axl would start changing lyrics

-Kickingthehabit

I think he's referring to GNR in general, the entire history. I have to disagree tho. I was always partial to his performance in Boston 2002, until May 17th. Finck owns SCOM now.

(How the hell can you screw up SCOM beginning...god...)

show me where he screws it up?

-Kickingthehabit

I think he's referring to GNR in general, the entire history. I have to disagree tho.

I would have stopped there..

-Kickingthehabit

You know whats weird is tonight i watched the november rain from rio and notice the odd variation before i even found this thread..... the rest of it is awsome but during that second solo yikes it really stood out for me

the song sounded fucking awsome except that part