Finck doing November Rain solo..

Sweden_Loves_GnR

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know what you mean. It might just be something about the solo hes not good at. For instance some solos you have to use different techniques to play so maybe theres a technique to the solo that finck can't play. Or maybe he changes the solo to make it sound like that some guitarists actually make mistakes to add to the solo wierd but hey. Anyway finck fucking rules rock3

Edited by Axel1304

i know what you mean. It might just be something about the solo hes not good at. For instance some solos you have to use different techniques to play so maybe theres a technique to the solo that finck can't play. Or maybe he changes the solo to make it sound like that some guitarists actually make mistakes to add to the solo wierd but hey. Anyway finck fucking rules rock3

I have listened to his solo a number of times on NR, and always come away feeling like it is somewhat "screwed up." Honestly, if he would just play it as close to what Slash did, there probably would not be an issue here. He plays Sweet Child very well, especially at the end. In fact, he covers nearly every solo from the original tunes quite well. Night Train, Mr. Brownstone, Live and Let Die, all sound great. rock2 Axl obviously doesn't see a problem with him playing it, so I guess there is not much that can be said other than giving an objective opinion.

I have no problem with this guy, think he looks great and does a great effort to the new gnr.. but why does he have problem with the nr solo? Fortus pulled it out great on the RIR 06 consert but Finck still messes it up.. what do you ppl think?

Good thing you mentioned it. There is anothee thread about it. I agree with you

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=72749

I don't know what he is trying to do. I guess he just wants to do it his own way. But unfortunately he is screwing up the solo

I have no problem with this guy, think he looks great and does a great effort to the new gnr.. but why does he have problem with the nr solo? Fortus pulled it out great on the RIR 06 consert but Finck still messes it up.. what do you ppl think?

I don't know what he is trying to do. I guess he just wants to do it his own way. But unfortunately he is screwing up the solo

What I think is, Axl has 3 lead guitars so if Finck can't do that solo. why doesn't he let someone else do it?

Please Axl would u think about it? ;)

because he isn't fucking Slash...

Robin Finck plays it how Robin Finck feels like playing it, plain and simple...

Agreed.

thats right, if he wanted he could play it note by note as slash, cause november rain is an extremely easy song to play, anyone who can play guitar knows this, is not a matter of technique, he just dont wanna do it exaclty the same, so quit comparing slash with finck, he plays a solo that sounds similar to the original, but hes mostly improvising, and by the way.. Slash is gone, I belive finck is a great musician and theres no point in comparing him with slash, is like tring to compare a Bird whit an Apple.. they are two different kind of players. Thx.

What I think is, Axl has 3 lead guitars so if Finck can't do that solo. why doesn't he let someone else do it?

Please Axl would u think about it? ;)

The 3 share the solos in NR and other songs as well. So Axl eventually may decide that Fortus or Bumblefoot can do that solo instead of Fink.

There is no officially designated lead guitar. When Buckethead was around he was the lead guitar. But now it looks like kinda open

Guest RonMexico82

Its just slightly different, more distortion than Slash's version. Its still good but I would like to see Ron Thal do ALL of Novemver Rain. His outro at Rock In Rio was amazing.

Agree 100%

I know he doesnt wanna "copy" Slash.. it's good he makes variations.. though I loved how he played those november rain solos on the rock in rio 2002

Finck is very limited with semi-tones..

During his 'rendition' of November Rain, he fails to bend strings to a proper pitch, thus producing overbends and underbends. The result is a squeaky, toneless sound..

'November Pain', if you will..

-Kickingthehabit

Fink is very good. He has own way to play. The new guitar guys are reaaly good, the time will say that.

Agreed.

You took the words out of my mouth,i'm completely agree with you..

I think Robin is great and he has his own style rock3..But he's never going to play that NR solo like Slash because he's not Slash.... <_<

Maybe I'm missing something but the second solo of NR is very easy to play, the guy is making his own solo.. If he was so bad that he could not play the solo as slash does it (at least playing the same notes!) there is no way he could be in GNR

The guy above got it right. He plays it that way on purpose. Are you telling me FInck CAN'T play that solo?

Pi$$ off, I probably could. My little brother certainly can and he's 16.

You have to remember that Finck doesn't want to play those songs the way Slash wrote and played them. If it were up to the likes of Finck and Fortus, they wouldn't play ANY old GNR songs.

They have written more than enough of their own to play for you. Hopefully one day that will happen.

The guy above got it right. He plays it that way on purpose. Are you telling me FInck CAN'T play that solo?

Pi$$ off, I probably could. My little brother certainly can and he's 16.

You have to remember that Finck doesn't want to play those songs the way Slash wrote and played them. If it were up to the likes of Finck and Fortus, they wouldn't play ANY old GNR songs.

They have written more than enough of their own to play for you. Hopefully one day that will happen.

exactly! Its not a difficult solo to play. I have limited guitar knowledge and there was a time when I could play it. Finck plays it the way he plays it.

and it kicks ass. rock4

I prefer he continue to play it the way he plays it. It also pisses off the Slash fans :tongue2: