born in the wrong generation?

metalgroupie

Anyone else feel like they shoulda been growing up in the 70's / 80's when metal waz real?!? I am definatly in the wrong time zone! i'm into waaaay better stuff than this wanna be crap people have now! Whatever happened to the good kick azz bands like Metallica (old stuff) black sabbath, Guns n Roses, Alice in Chains, Kiss, AC/DC and all that?

email me if ya'll feel the same

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else feel like they shoulda been growing up in the 70's / 80's when metal waz real?!? I am definatly in the wrong time zone! i'm into waaaay better stuff than this wanna be crap people have now! Whatever happened to the good kick azz bands like Metallica (old stuff) black sabbath, Guns n Roses, Alice in Chains, Kiss, AC/DC and all that?

i definatly feel that way, and while i was born in '89 (btw, today is my b-day :xmasssanta: ) i never grew up with GN'R (cause i was too young) and all my parents watched or listened to was Country Music Television

i'm a huge classic rocker, and i wonder what went wrong with music today :tongue2:

Absolutely agree. Im 21 years old now (born in 85) and I wouldve loved to be this age sometime around 87-88. Back when music was music and not the garbage thats in the mainstream today. Bands like Aerosmith, GNR, U2, Bon Jovi, Skid Row...oh man, id give anything. Im just glad a few of those bands, including Axl's GNR are still around for us younger generations to enjoy today.

I think this is why a lot of younger fans are so eagerly anticipating Chinese Democracy. We want our Apetite for Destruction. We wanna rock.

Happy birthday JC524.

Again I'm just happy I get to listen to the music that was out before I was old enough to experience it live. Being born a year before AFD was released didn't allow me much,other than being able to listen to the record. But I still dig where I'm at now.

look at what all the people from the 70-80 and 90 turned out. i dont think we were all born in the wrong generation. a new era should come soon and all the crappy emo, reggae songs on radio and all this shit will be move out by a new musical movement.

look at all the new undergrounds bands, some of them are all kickass band and someday they'll make it to the world scene. just be patient

(sorry for my english, i hope you understand what i meant)

FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Todays generation sucks big time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All that emo shit, pussy punk and rap/hip pop makes me sick!!!!!! The dudes from the 70s/80s fucking rule, i see them everyday and they still wear their tite pants, denim and leather jackets and sport their mullets and listen to Ac/dc, GN'R, Zeppelin, van halen etc. I have so much fucking respect for them. Even the bikers, they fucking rule, they still have that rock n roll attitude; like hey back off hooray for tolerance! get outtta my way or ill kick ur ass. Thats why they get in for free into our shows. (not to mention the drugs they provide and that theyre cousins with the Corey the drummer)

The thing people can do is dress like the 80s with tite ripped jeans, denim, leather jackets, etc, start a rock n roll or heavy metal band, then join a gang of headbangers or bikers or the dudes who are into really heavy metal and form a gang, then get together with some other underground metal bands and their supporters and there u have it: a fucking underground movement!!! Then no one will fuck with u(BTW, this wont work with emo bands)

I agree, I'm 16 in July and feel somewhat annoyed of the generation I'm in. Most of my music I listen to is from the late 70s, 80s and early 90s (pre-1992 unless it's GN'R). I have pretty much no interest in today's new bands.

FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Todays generation sucks big time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All that emo shit, pussy punk and rap/hip pop makes me sick!!!!!! The dudes from the 70s/80s fucking rule, i see them everyday and they still wear their tite pants, denim and leather jackets and sport their mullets and listen to Ac/dc, GN'R, Zeppelin, van halen etc. I have so much fucking respect for them. Even the bikers, they fucking rule, they still have that rock n roll attitude; like hey back off hooray for tolerance! get outtta my way or ill kick ur ass. Thats why they get in for free into our shows. (not to mention the drugs they provide and that theyre cousins with the Corey the drummer)

The thing people can do is dress like the 80s with tite ripped jeans, denim, leather jackets, etc, start a rock n roll or heavy metal band, then join a gang of headbangers or bikers or the dudes who are into really heavy metal and form a gang, then get together with some other underground metal bands and their supporters and there u have it: a fucking underground movement!!! Then no one will fuck with u(BTW, this wont work with emo bands)

:rofl-lol:

In replying to the above, nows theres something u can do!!!! Do it join the undergorund movement! Be part of it, dont just say todays music sux, do something that will one day change the music scene!!!

Seriously this is what ppl r doing all over the U.S and Canada. So get out and do it. If u live in the Vancouver area, there is a group called the CRUEligans, they ussually dont let anyone join, mostly dudes who r in metal, rock n roll or punk bands only, as well as bikers, but ussually they do let supporters join. This is not a fucking joke, we have 250 or so members so far around and we went to Portland, Seattle and they ussually underground punk or metal movements as well. The only problem is that they are normally supported by the Hells Angels (for drugs and protection)-(some dudes from the CRUEligans have family members and friends in the Hells Angels) and u gotta be comfotable in their environment. But hey the parties are fucking wild and the shows are amazing, its a fucking paradise. Just ask Chad and Kriss from Kill Cheerleader (cheerleader 666).

-IMPORTANT: If u live in the Vancouver area and are interested, go to either the Coquitlam sect or the Vancouver sect (the 2 big ones who support the CRUEligans and ask for Kevin Claire, hes like the dude who started this and just say that u heard this at the undergorund shows and that u r friends with Colin or Corey or Max from Deliverance and Smoke Gun bands.

Now go see Kill Cheerleader (Cheerleader 666) in toronto motherfuckers!!!

well, i was born in '85 but i started listening to rock very early, i was maybe 4 or 5 years old. my parents&sister listen(ed) to stupid country music so it wasn't easy to get my own mind. i do remember the (i guess) best gnr era but i was way to young to go to concerts, have fun,... man, i really miss the old days

Guest katie

bah, listen to the towers of london and get on with it

i iwsh i had a time machine though, i would love to see adam ant in 1977

i'm a huge classic rocker, and i wonder what went wrong with music today :tongue2:

Rap, Hip Hop and all that kind of scat which people mistake for music.. Is trashing your mouth with a dumb beat on the background music..? :confused:

I wish I was around bak in the day. Note, a change in musical regime is coming. I can feel it. Pop punk and rap metal are on their last breaths. Real stuff will take over once again/

Nastradamus!

Anyway, I wish I around in the 50's - 60's. Jamming to some Hendrix, Clapton. Hitting up some blues clubs. Man, that would tickle my fancy :)