Axl's thoughts on Contraband

Rock in PA

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dizzy commented on it.... specifically on Slashs playing. Something along the lines of how Slash's playing was good, but he wasnt "really playing"! He also said that he wasnt really doing anything impressive with his solos, just playing around in blues scales!

I cant remember where this was from, but im pretty sure most of the above is from Dizzy. Sorry for the lack of source!

Jonx

I´ll remember something like that too.. But source :question: Was it maby in some radio interview? I think it was..

But I agree with him. He just playing those blues scales like he has always done. But he is great at it :D

Dizzy commented on it.... specifically on Slashs playing. Something along the lines of how Slash's playing was good, but he wasnt "really playing"! He also said that he wasnt really doing anything impressive with his solos, just playing around in blues scales!

I cant remember where this was from, but im pretty sure most of the above is from Dizzy. Sorry for the lack of source!

Jonx

I´ll remember something like that too.. But source :question: Was it maby in some radio interview? I think it was..

But I agree with him. He just playing those blues scales like he has always done. But he is great at it :D

Wasn't it Gilby who said that :question: ?

The only thing I remember from Dizzy was that he liked VR's shirts.

All the nagging here!! You guys are childish as hell!

From 1994 till 2002 there was nothing for the fans, and since 2002 we have Velvet Revolver (proved to be succesfull, look at their sellingnumbers of contraband) and since this year there are signs of life in GnR.

What the fuck are you complaining. Two great rockbands instead of nothing.

a little more optimism would be in it's place

Slash's Snakepit, Izzy Stradlin & The JuJu Hounds, Gilby, Neurotic Outsiders,...

Should I name more?

Nothing that can touch the quality of VR and GnR.

You can't be serious, i hope... :o

I think Axl probably rocks out to Sucker Train Blues every day. Unless he's forgotten what good rock sounds like.

What about Slither? rock2

I think axls point of view slash and the boys deseerted him, left him for dead and went off to form this new band to try and bury him, destroy him. So I think there is some definite hostility to VR, he thinks they are competing with him.

I think Axl probably rocks out to Sucker Train Blues every day. Unless he's forgotten what good rock sounds like.

The lack of hip-hop drum loops probably puts him off a bit, though.

And what's wrong with hip-hop loops and sounds?

Rock 'n' Roll has always been about fusing all kinds of music together. Do you remember some guy name Elvis who took black people's music and fused it with white folks country and folk music? If it wasn't for this, some of you might still be listening to your great grand parents folk music.

GnR has always been about creating new music and sounds. That's how GnR made an impact with AFD. Taking something old, adding something new, and adding your own personality to it, to create a fresh new sound that is unique and representative of yourself. That's what GnR is about. That's what Axl is about.

And unfortunately, that's something that Slash, Duff, and Matt are incapable of doing. They're too lazy to grow musically.

Edited by knightrider

All the nagging here!! You guys are childish as hell!

From 1994 till 2002 there was nothing for the fans, and since 2002 we have Velvet Revolver (proved to be succesfull, look at their sellingnumbers of contraband) and since this year there are signs of life in GnR.

What the fuck are you complaining. Two great rockbands instead of nothing.

a little more optimism would be in it's place

Slash's Snakepit, Izzy Stradlin & The JuJu Hounds, Gilby, Neurotic Outsiders,...

Should I name more?

Nothing that can touch the quality of VR and GnR.

You can't be serious, i hope... :o

First off I wasn't referring to quality I was just showing you that there was something for the fans that cared enough to look. And I know that only a few people will share this opinion also, but I think Izzy Stradlin & The JuJu Hounds is a better album than Contraband.

I love how everyone is placing Axl's new stuff on such a higher pedastal than the VR album. You all act like he's fucking Mozart or something. The only nu-GNR song that is head and shoulder's above anything on Contraband is CITR, everything else is extremely debatable - and considering it's taken him 10+ years to crank these out, as opposed to barely 2 for VR, there's really no way to argue this.

I love how everyone is placing Axl's new stuff on such a higher pedastal than the VR album. You all act like he's fucking Mozart or something. The only nu-GNR song that is head and shoulder's above anything on Contraband is CITR, everything else is extremely debatable - and considering it's taken him 10+ years to crank these out, as opposed to barely 2 for VR, there's really no way to argue this.

Totally agree!

Uuhm CITR? :book:

Wait, Sucker Train Blues or Dirty Little Thing? They're the same song, so you could've been confused. Or mabye it was Yesterdays...errr...i mean...'Fall To Pieces'.

Wait, Sucker Train Blues or Dirty Little Thing? They're the same song, so you could've been confused. Or mabye it was Yesterdays...errr...i mean...'Fall To Pieces'.

Obviously an Axl lover....

Cut the crap guys. Talk about Guns n Roses. Don't start this useless comparing :(