13/11/2006 RESERVE YOUR COPY

Cold-Heart-Breaker

not saying it will or won't be out then but, is this the way gnr want it to happen?

after 13 years of secrecy and quietness they'll just tell hmv to put up signs announcing the real date?

Who knows

ive tried putting it on here but its not working, it aint letting me send it to my email address

did happen though!

people in UK have a look when next in HMV

Here, try e-mailing it to me:

badbrain1234@comcast.net

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

not saying it will or won't be out then but, is this the way gnr want it to happen?

after 13 years of secrecy and quietness they'll just tell hmv to put up signs announcing the real date?

Who knows

ive tried putting it on here but its not working, it aint letting me send it to my email address

did happen though!

badbrain1234@comcast.net

its atually a video, i just used a video to get the whole of the cover, its a minute long and i cant get it to send to anything,

Who knows

did happen though!

badbrain1234@comcast.net

its atually a video, i just used a video to get the whole of the cover, its a minute long and i cant get it to send to anything,

Ohh...i see. That sucks.

why would you want to reserve a copy?

it aint as if places will sell out

it aint a ltd edition cd with only so many copys

I was just kidding when I said for him to reserve it...especially since I think it's bullshit I would find it funny if he actually believed it and reserved a copy.

This isn't the first time HMV have put up a pre-order for an unsourced release date. I find it unlikely to be true.

But they wouldn't just make up a date, would they? I find Merck's denial to be, well, suspect. He will say whatever is most self-serving...and that's fine, it's a part of his job. I just find it hard to believe HMV would make up a date out of nothing, print off stickers and put them on CDs, and then have people actually reserve a copies for something that isn't going to happen. What is more believable - Merck telling us a fib, or HMV going to all that trouble?

The date seems very plausible in light of all we've heard. spl@t's news is interesting. Yeah, I know they get lots of stuff wrong...but their little bit of news is a release date at the end of next month. Guess when the MTV VMAs are? That's right, August 31st. Hmmm. Yup...been there, done that (2002). But try to come up with an event that will generate more exposure than that one. If it's going to happen this fall then Axl has to be at the VMAs.

BTW, I'll stop into HMV tomorrow to see if they have it in my area (Canada). Not sure if HMV is in the U.S. but they are pretty big up here. I assume it's the same company as the one in the UK, maybe not though. Still won't hurt to look.

Edited by KBear

BTW, I'll stop into HMV tomorrow to see if they have it in my area (Canada). Not sure if HMV is in the U.S. but they are pretty big up here. I assume it's the same company as the one in the UK, maybe not though. Still won't hurt to look.

I'm sure it is, I'll try and find if any mates are going into town within the next couple of days and if they can take pictures.

I dont check this forum as much anymore

this may be old

but i was in HMV music shop and in the guns n roses section, next to the AFD and UYI CD's there was a case on it saying chinese democracy 13/11/2006, reserve your copy

is this old and not really a set date again?

if so, please lock

This can be true. Like Axl said:"The album will be released late fall."

Well I went to HMV today and looked at the GN'R section. No stickers saying you can reserve a copy. I then went and asked someone if there are any new GN'R releases scheduled to come out. They got nothing on their system.

What they do have though is Lies and both Illusion albums for only $7.99Cdn. Cheapest I've ever seen it.

But c'mon. How long does it take one of you Brits head on over to HMV and get this confirmed already? Grab your camera and move it, move it, moooooooooove iiiiiiiiiit!!! :o

Edited by KBear

Before any yank says 'But the 13th isn't a month!' - we do it the other way. Sounds obvious, but there are some...

And I doubt it too. But cool if it is

what! the 13th Month = Smarch! GEEZ!