Why are you Attracted to Guns ' Roses

warchild

The reason that attracted me to GNR was Axl´s voice.I knew nothing about the band but when I first listened to them it was Axl´s voice what caught my attention and since that very moment he became my favourite singer. That´s why I started loving GNR, but then it was more and more...the songs, the lyrics..it was like a love at first sight.

I was in my teens and for me they represented that attitude you attache to, I mean, they were the bad boys of r´n´r and they had that fuck you attitude, this is me you take it or leave it and when you´re a teen you feel that rebel. That´s how I started to love them although I must admit it was mainly because of Axl :) ,as ARQ says, he is a fighter and although he isn´t perfect he shows that if you fight hard you can get what you want and if you are strong enough you can leave all the shit back in the way.

Edited by November_rain

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe if I say something nice he'll PM me. :wub::wub::wub:

You are NOT blocked ODS........PM away

My answer is going to sound so stupid, but here goes.

I feel i was attracted by the raw anger, rage in some cases, especially in Axl, on the flip side GNR do very tender and loving songs (with out sounding like complete Michael Bolton mush) and that is another facet to my personality, just because i'm angry about stuff in my life doesn't mean i'm no longer capable of reaching out to others with kindness and caring in mind. I also felt and still feel (and this is the really daft bit) that i get Axl, i understand a lot of his emotions towards people, how life has treated him e.t.c i'm not saying i "know" him, of course i don't, i was let down by a friend of 10 years and thought i knew her. So i'm not saying that and i'm not obsessed or anything i just recognised those emotions in myself.

Aside from all of that they are quality kick ass songs!! :P

Christ Warchild you've made my headache! I'm now doing this with every band i like, i can honestly say that GNR and my other fave band are the only two that have an emotional link, all the other bands i love are just because the music is enjoyable.

LIZ :)

This isn't the run-of the mill post.........

On some inner, primary leveal we are all susceptable to the MYTHIC.....the supernatural...

We are the offspring of believers. men and women who have lived and died for a myth.

And on this strange level those strange ELECTRIC SOULS. human beings we call

Chareismatic. reach beyond the logic and common sense of our waking world to

TOUCH the place in us where the myth is more real thhan the evidence of our senses.

When a Breakthrough of mythic meaning seizes an individual in our midst.....

there are few alternatives......one is to be official seer, oracle .....

The movement may be successful or the reverse....he MAY be crucified.........

MAYA......sees the universe as an endless DANCING, ever CHANGING, never the same

The creative capacity of the mythic imagination is ACTIVATED and engaged.......

it's guiding function is utilized for self discovery and creative explorations of the imagination//////

The mythological HERO quest...the creative artist........some aspects

of psychedelic experience. THE Creative Shaman.........

So....why the fascination with Guns N' Roses?........the songs speak to us,

the spontainaity wins us over,

Guns is BACK because, we needed them back......

To celebrate meaning to the many masks of existance........

Society NEEDED a Shaman, who was tuned in, Dangerous, and not doing the expected!

Rock groups sinnce the 60's were aware of their magic being released through the music....

So bitch as you will.......We NEED GnR to break through all barriers, dispel all myths

to act in ways to shock the "normal" around us.........

And as for the "jail at 40" comment.........I've been tossed in and been in verbal err.....

Disagreements.......since I was a tEEN.....AND YEAH DONE JAIL TIME...recently......

and I'm over 40, (going on 18) Immediate visionary urges and societ's logic rarely ever

agree...........

There is an urge to immediate, ecstatic. shamanistic awareness present in the psyches of

many, many modern people right now...and many aspring shamans have gained access to

remarkably potent chemical "helpers" capable of evoking the depths of the psyche....

as Timothy Leary put it.......

Drop out......Detatch yourself from the external social drama

Turn On.....Find a sacrement, go out of your mind, beyond

Tune IN.....be reborn,start a new sequence of behavior that reflects YOUR vision.....

Do We NEED Guns N' Roses right now?......HELL FUCKING YEAH!

All or nothing

no compromise for self or art....

All or nothing

can't fake despair or pretend ecstacy

not merely an entertainer......

can't "go through the motions"

"Close my eyes I'm back again

Oblivion is where iv'e been....

catch the private jet in ten;

don't know where, but only when

Lit like an explosion in disguise

Frantic fanatic godlike eyes

skirted by skeptics courting LIES

It's a good day when no one dies..........

-------------------------------------------------------------

AND TO THE HATERS......

Assworms in your mind

a hemmorhoidal mouth;

I fkn know your kind

erroded north and south

corrsion colored infantile

rolling in your shit;

god of a stpid smile

It wears you like a fit

inbred in your gene pool

intellectually inept

no fool like an old fool

and you haven't got it YET.......

Shithead without a brain

multifucked up fool

the thing that you do best.....

it shut up, sit down, drool......W ©

Thanks to EVERYONE who promoted the haters to "read Only"

Sincerily.

W.

spam18hy.gif

To say GnR are back or Axl is back is misleading for some....he never left.

Axl Rose is without doubt the single greatest frontman alive, when i hear that scream all my body hair stands to attention.

Im attatched to GnR because i am, no explanation possible or needed.Nothing kicks me in the balls like GnR or Axl.

Dislike him as a man/performer, its cool, you can never change how he or GnR/new GnR has impacted my life and the the way their music new/old has helped me escape some of the things in my head.Better alone has given me the strength to get up and keep fighting.

Get Up You Son of a Bitch, Cause Mickey Loves Ya < allways fighting the fight, i don't know any different!

for me its too early to think so deep, but i love guns n roses because of Axl Rose, ive listened to him for many years, just not picking up on it now or past few years. He is awesome and the greatest frontman i have even seen. i believe in other shorter words--whatever IT is Axl Rose has got IT.

I enjoyed reading the initial post-

Anyway, I became attracted to GNR back in 1988 when I bought the tape of AFD on a whim when buying an Aerosmith tape. I popped the tape in and it didn't leave my player for years. I was the typical obsessed teenager at the time who wanted to know eveything there was to know about this band as this was music as I never had heard anything like.

Honestly when things were bad (when you're a teen this means hating your parents, etc....) I always had my GNR tapes to fall back on and the music helped me get through things. No matter how bad I felt about something when I put GNR on I felt better.

When UYI came out I became incredibly sick with pneumonia and wound up being in the hospital for a while. I had my walkman and my two tapes and they went round and round for days and I almost could forget that I could barely breathe.

I think basically what I am saying is that GNR was there for me in my most impressionable years and I haven't let go since. Now I am 31 and maybe I don't have the 23778 posters of the band on my wall anymore but the music still moves me just the same. I love the old band and the new band and how they have evolved into what they are now....still a great Rock band!

This isn't the run-of the mill post.........

On some inner, primary leveal we are all susceptable to the MYTHIC.....the supernatural...

We are the offspring of believers. men and women who have lived and died for a myth.

And on this strange level those strange ELECTRIC SOULS. human beings we call

Chareismatic. reach beyond the logic and common sense of our waking world to

TOUCH the place in us where the myth is more real thhan the evidence of our senses.

When a Breakthrough of mythic meaning seizes an individual in our midst.....

there are few alternatives......one is to be official seer, oracle .....

The movement may be successful or the reverse....he MAY be crucified.........

MAYA......sees the universe as an endless DANCING, ever CHANGING, never the same

The creative capacity of the mythic imagination is ACTIVATED and engaged.......

it's guiding function is utilized for self discovery and creative explorations of the imagination//////

The mythological HERO quest...the creative artist........some aspects

of psychedelic experience. THE Creative Shaman.........

So....why the fascination with Guns N' Roses?........the songs speak to us,

the spontainaity wins us over,

Guns is BACK because, we needed them back......

To celebrate meaning to the many masks of existance........

Society NEEDED a Shaman, who was tuned in, Dangerous, and not doing the expected!

Rock groups sinnce the 60's were aware of their magic being released through the music....

So bitch as you will.......We NEED GnR to break through all barriers, dispel all myths

to act in ways to shock the "normal" around us.........

And as for the "jail at 40" comment.........I've been tossed in and been in verbal err.....

Disagreements.......since I was a tEEN.....AND YEAH DONE JAIL TIME...recently......

and I'm over 40, (going on 18) Immediate visionary urges and societ's logic rarely ever

agree...........

There is an urge to immediate, ecstatic. shamanistic awareness present in the psyches of

many, many modern people right now...and many aspring shamans have gained access to

remarkably potent chemical "helpers" capable of evoking the depths of the psyche....

as Timothy Leary put it.......

Drop out......Detatch yourself from the external social drama

Turn On.....Find a sacrement, go out of your mind, beyond

Tune IN.....be reborn,start a new sequence of behavior that reflects YOUR vision.....

Do We NEED Guns N' Roses right now?......HELL FUCKING YEAH!

All or nothing

no compromise for self or art....

All or nothing

can't fake despair or pretend ecstacy

not merely an entertainer......

can't "go through the motions"

"Close my eyes I'm back again

Oblivion is where iv'e been....

catch the private jet in ten;

don't know where, but only when

Lit like an explosion in disguise

Frantic fanatic godlike eyes

skirted by skeptics courting LIES

It's a good day when no one dies..........

-------------------------------------------------------------

AND TO THE HATERS......

Assworms in your mind

a hemmorhoidal mouth;

I fkn know your kind

erroded north and south

corrsion colored infantile

rolling in your shit;

god of a stpid smile

It wears you like a fit

inbred in your gene pool

intellectually inept

no fool like an old fool

and you haven't got it YET.......

Shithead without a brain

multifucked up fool

the thing that you do best.....

it shut up, sit down, drool......W ©

Thanks to EVERYONE who promoted the haters to "read Only"

Sincerily.

W.

spam18hy.gif

assclowneww9ci.png

Anyway, great post WC, really...err...made me think.

Axl. His attitude, voice, style (minus the 2002 incident) and general aura got me into the band.

I liked Guns N Roses back in 86 and for me the sheer force of Axl's voice amazes me. His whole body contorts with the velocity he pushes forward..That much anger/hurt/attitude all spewing out made me stand up an pay attention.

Here was a band that played the emotion and a singer that GAVE all the emotion to every fucking shitty thing thats ever happened to me. He voiced my anger/hurt and gave me a means to vent and even to create a barrier over the hurt and to form a body of anger and self-validility...to say "your out to get me" but u cant catch/hurt me. They definately awakened me! Axl is a fighter and in a way hes standing up for alot of people the way he knows how throught music. A man that works throught his shit and is still left standing after all these years speaks volumes, dont care if hes a rockstar or the alcoholic down the road. I admire the man!

think i went on a rant here ... lol :shocked:

Well, I was brought into this shithole that they call the world to the opening riff of SCOM. July 16, 1989 to be exact. Pink Floyd played right before...

Anyways, I was brought up listening to Guns N' Roses, and growing up I've had a lot of shit thrown at me, I've had my battles with drugs, depression, n' such. And GnR have been the only thing that has kept me alive through all the bullshit n' they're one of two things that have been keepin' me alive for the last few years...

I'll go more into detail when I think of how to word it...

You got arrested a little while ago WC? So did Axl.

You're over 40? So is Axl.

I will never 100% believe that WC is not Axl Rose..no matter what he says

On topic: I became attracted to Guns 'N Roses because of 3 things....

1. the vulgarity, it was so angry and pure.

2. The emotion in every guitar note of every verse of every song.

3. and the most important one....the energy and charisma(both live and in studio)

Edited by 3rd Wheel

3. and the most important one....the energy and charisma(both live and in studio)

4. The chemistry between all the band members wich makes them the most dangerous band in the world. rock3

4. The chemistry between all the band members wich makes them the most dangerous band in the world. rock3

Damn I forgot that one :P

and also the something that one cannot explain....there's something, some "it" that makes me go from liking GNR to loving GNR...that something, that "it", cannot be put into words

"If we refuse an immortal god or an archetype it will not disappear;it may go away,underground or into the sea (of unconsciousness),but it will return,perverted,and stronger than ever.In other words,when you supress a god,you get a demon.Those who accept him achieve ecstasy,those who oppose are damned."

Appetite for Destruction

The Days of Guns N Roses

Danny Sugerman

Warchild did you take poetry classes in your community college?

Never WENT to college, HS dropout..........

what was your major? being an ASSHOLE?

W.

Has anybody seen Anchorman? This sounds like something the weatherman would say...

Anyway, I was attracted to Guns N' Roses for a lot of things. Axl's voice, Slash's guitar solos, Izzy's songwriteing, Duff's powerfull base, and Adlers Drumming. The way they played their songs and the way they were written, it was just so kick ass and I could relate to most of the music they made. To me it was the perfect band, even when Matt came in after Steven was given the boot. They still showed they could write such great music. I was to young to listen to GNR when they were at their peak, but they were still able to make an impact on my life and influence me after their breakup, I think that says something about their partnership.

The only reason Im attracted to the new version of guns is Axl's vocals. The new band lacks so much of what made me love Guns N' Roses, but I'll still buy the album because it will be new music from Axl. Hes still my favorite singer and in my opinion the best there is.

You got arrested a little while ago WC? So did Axl.

You're over 40? So is Axl.

Warchild got a new g/f recently? So did Axl.:)

They both rule.

Nop, as far as I know his girlfriend is still JALP ;):)

GOAB, you are a lucky motherfucker, did you know? :P:lol:

Edited by November_rain