Why are you Attracted to Guns ' Roses

warchild

The reason why everyone is attracted to GNR is because they feel a connection with Axl.

Axl's lyrics come from real life situations. When he writes his songs and sings them..we all feel like he understands our dilemas and we feel like he is a friend to us all.

Ask any GNR fan this and they'll agree that the connection is this.

I wouldnt speek for such a vast majority, because as a GNR fan I'll tell you that Axl is only one reason I like that band.

:o So she missed two people! Could there actually be more?? :lol:

Maybe... just maybe...

U mean new GnR...???

If u mean new u're right, if u mean old...I guess there's more and more to add

Well, I was refureing to old GNR, but if this thread was for the new only, I guess JALP would be makeing some good sence.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me it still has to be the music cos the myths evaporate. There other bands with great theorists and ideas but really you go back to records cos it's good music.

It's good music to you and I, but with all due respect, the myths are the only part that don't evaporate. Which I have a feeling was WC's point - to an extent. - ;)

Edited by Ions

Sorry WC, I do not share your initial post at all :no: simply because I'm not capable to think that a man can be more than this: human being.

I would share rather the idea that this band and members meant something to many both back then and now.

I, for one can say that when I first heard Estranged I was mourning the love of my life and this song litterally became part of my blood, it was in my veins... I couldn't properly live without this song in my headphone but that's all for "relating to" something

For nothing in this world I would consider someone being a "superhuman", a "messiah" or a "living God", but don't feel offended, it is just the way I am.

Now on on topic,

I don't feel attracted to GNR, they're just part of my small musical culture, I admit they surfaced at the right time in my life but if I update this past feeling to today, I can't say I expect anything at all. I know I'm going to be delighted with the new CD that's for sure. But again, I have to put in the right context (if it's the proper word, I don't know) and the musical scene today is so poor that indeed I count on this CD to "light" my options of good music. But what I can also say is that in no way my life is hung (gram?) to it.

My vision of the musicians of this band is pretty good but again, in no way I need to "connect" to them or "relate" to anything, for me the music does it all and for sure, if the lyrics and melodies are great then "Bravo!", I'm in.

I'll finish saying this. You see I most want this band to succeed and yes I also want W.A.R ( = my favourite artist :heart: , not singer or frontman, :heart: ARTIST :heart: ) to be back on top of the world again as much as any of you but I think that when you grow older you don't feel the same way about people, bands and so on... you take distance with your initial passion and I guess that's what happened to me with GNR.

I am not good at giving advices but there's this book you might find interesting to read: "El Aleph"

Why am I attached??..

Guns N' Roses is my band..the one I have always liked for as long as I can remember..

I much prefer the original, but love it in any shape or form it happens to be in.. :huh:

I feel the same.

Guns N Roses are in my heart since the day i put on their CD in my fu@##n stereo system:)

Axl's lyrics are more then words. Somebody said that he wrote it cos real situations and at first he experiences it and then writes lyrics- that's why I like to sing with him while I'm dancing on GnR song :)

Their music is everything that I can want- Guns have love songs, kick-ass songs and beautiful tunes for my ears. I fell in love with original Guns but...new one is cool 2.

Did anybody wacht Vh1 Rock Honors?

Edited by Nefertiti

simply because I'm not capable to think that a man can be more than this: human being.
For nothing in this world I would consider someone being a "superhuman", a "messiah" or a "living God", but don't feel offended, it is just the way I am.

I think you're missing the plot somewhat. He didn't mean it literally. You're more than capable. You have no choice. You may not be recognizing it for what it is. He's (WC) referring to the underlying emotional charge that fuels the obsession. It's happening everywhere. It happens with Axl and Gn'R for people who are into the music, image etc...initially. Of course Axl is only a human being. The instantiation of the archetype is based on your personal taste/experience - but the point is the same. It's not the medium, it's the message. Hence the sub-title of the thread. This thread has everything AND nothing to do with Axl Rose - from my perspective.

Edited by Ions

awesome post warchild...i like the cut of ur jib as they say...

for me...i was never a massive music fan...id like a few songs...listened to music my mates did just for something to talk bout etc...then i discovered guns n roses...it was a wake up call i guess...but still id prob only heard about 4 or 5 songs...then one day in my school library i found this book on guns n roses...i stole it and read it that afternoon...it had a cool story about how they were formed and that...but had 3 characters i was really intrigued by...slash axl n izzy...slash just had this look about him...the top hat and hair about his face...their rough look...they didnt give a fuck...

i looked into their music further and bought appetite for destruction...the guitars were like nothing id ever heard before...the vocals complimented this sound perfectly...as i said i wasnt much into music but ever since then everyone knows me as the guns n roses guy...

thanks for the recollection...no matter how it all happened were all in the same boat...theres something about these people that just draws us to this band...

simply because I'm not capable to think that a man can be more than this: human being.

I think you're missing the plot somewhat. He didn't mean it literally. You're more than capable. You have no choice. You may not be recognizing it for what it is. He's (WC) referring to the underlying emotional charge that fuels the obsession. It's happening everywhere. It happens with Axl and Gn'R for people who are into the music, image etc...initially. Of course Axl is only a human being. The instantiation of the archetype is based on your personal taste/experience - but the point is the same. It's not the medium, it's the message. Hence the sub-title of the thread. This thread has everything AND nothing to do with Axl Rose - from my perspective.

I read you and still I think it's more to be seen from the average teenager perspective. Any adult (normal adult) is past this "natural" feeling of "deep attraction" and "blind admiration" tending towards the mystic. That was my point.

Maybe I did not understand what WC meant, very possible, my english isn't so great but in no way I think I can admit GNR or even its leader or musicians can be considered as "spiritual" guides or responsible of a certain mentality, way of life... I think that would mean giving them a huge responsibility that basically doesn't match with rock n' roll and/or probably with what they think themselves. Then, of course these musicians, musics, lyrics absorb any person in need of emotional rescue (and it's very supportive unlike other bands I won't mention)

I've always thought that GNR was indeed needed, true, and I'll keep thinking so but never in the sense that may represent something they will never be.

I, for one, am humble and think that being not only the dign (?) heirs of Rock n' roll pionneers but also the greatest band in the world for their own music is already being recognized for what they are, and in my books it's not few.

I wouldn't add anything to what they already are: the greatest, both old and new line-up.

Note: I will re-read WC post just ! :heart:

I read you and still I think it's more to be seen from the average teenager perspective. Any adult (normal adult) is past this "natural" feeling of "deep attraction" and "blind admiration" tending towards the mystic. That was my point.

Wow. I think the understanding of archetypes and the various ways mythology plays into out 'modern' existence is a little beyond the average teenager - as far as understanding it consciously on that level. Most 'normal adults' do not understand it at all - much less have gotten 'past' it. Man, I really don't know what you meant by that. The underdevelopment of 'natural feelings' and intuition is in my opinion one of the major problems happening right now. Regardless - My posts are being completely misunderstood, and I'm lazy. However my contribution isn't beyond the scope of the thread, as much as it would seem that way after reading through it. I guess we'll just agree to disagree.

Again:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hero_with_a_Thousand_Faces

Edited by Ions

To an extent there might be some kind of supernatural power that draws people towards Axl. There is a shamanistic train running thru rock n roll. It's true why does one band generate so much attention, whereas another one falls by the wayside (e.g. VR). It could be some sort of power Axl has, like a natural gift, he is communicating on that level that works for people. Only problem for me is that I'm trying to think at what point I identify with Rose. I'm more voyeuristically interested. I mean SCOM is universal. Don't Cry also. Estranged. November Rain - they really could be about anyone. But It's So Easy is more like a cheap thrill of this rock star guy which I thought was cool.

I would say in the end it's not luck. Axl works his ass off with the industry to make sure GNR is No. 1. I'm more likely to believe Axl is a badmuthafucka than he has some kind of special powers. If this guy whats a No. 1 record who's gonna argue, know what I mean, get out the way here comes Axl! Someone has to be No. 1 and he's it at the moment (and even then some would disagree) Other people just see a deluded, mentally unstable idiot where I see top notch rock star.

I think I hurt myself again.

Nice lyrics I am going to use them as the basis for my next project. I have made a couple of adjustments but I will credit you as the writer. I was thinking of putting the lyrics to a really distorted song with lots of wah wah and drums. Can you sing? i could mail the song to you and you could sing over it?

FUck the Hatters

Worms worming around in your head

a homicidal mouth;

I fkn show your kind

I'll boot your ass from east to west

corrosive colored aligator

rocking and rolling in your shit;

jesus of a crocidile smile

Smell my fucking glove

inbred in your swimming pool

intellegently inept

no fool like an old fool

and you haven't recieved it YET.......

Buckethead without a brain

multiplexed fucked up fool

the thing that you do best.....

it be quiet, sit down, drool......W (revised by The Pope)

Do you have any more of this? They are original arent they? I dont want to use them only for some fucker to accuse me of ripping them off.

Thanks

Rock on dude

rock1

All of the women here are attracted to the band because they dream about current or past members boning them.

Well that expleins the woman and you

But there are alot of streit men here that has different stories ;)

HELLO FORUM!...HOLA!

Thanx Bromle, IONS, RED EUROPE,A.F. (I have those problems too, you're not alone)

N.R., JDRM,JALP 3rd wheel, and my new friends...whose names escape me......for understanding......

Does Myth and Music mean less when you "grow Up?" If it does, I refuse to do so!

One Man's myth is another's religion.......

On some inner, primary level we are ALL susceptible to the mythic. the supernatural, because we are the offspring of

generations of believers that have lived and died for a myth.........

Hence the politics of Mental Illness (Oh God, There He goes Again).........One culture's prophet is another's madman..........a few inches below the surface may lie a snarl of personal problems......

inadequacy,temper,irrascibility.........inner demons which all of us face at one time or another......

can be medicated with music.....(and a few other substances :rolleyes: )

I KNOW music saved my life......and continues to do so.......

If the music is REAL.............

and GNR will continue to be REAL, not some pop-copy knock off......(no names, being NICE!) to make a few bucks.......in my not-so-humble opinion.........

Flaws and Chaos and All..........Accept ot reject, but believe the TRUTH, not a pack of shitloaded Lies.....

(Blabbermouth and SPWAT are NOT reliable sites for info....by the way......so Fuck Them!)

Official Announcements ONLY...... :book:

AND, THANK YOU whoever banned "the pope".......fuck with MY Lyrics? don't think so............

HATERS? the original post is still there for you to staple to your dented Forehead.........

WC...IN TRANSIT

"Wish you Were Here"

RIP Syd

I used to love her, but i had to kill her..................for making posts like this and calling me a TARD!

BUT I is a sexy motherfucker, unless you prefer Winnie the Pooh! Did you BOINK the bEAR?

The Construction worker wannabe........ :heart:

what time is it? where the fuck am I?

I used to love her, but i had to kill her..................for making posts like this and calling me a TARD!

BUT I is a sexy motherfucker, unless you prefer Winnie the Pooh! Did you BOINK the bEAR?

The Construction worker wannabe........ :heart:

what time is it? where the fuck am I?

no winnie the pooh boinking...it's donald who doesn't wear pants TARD.

now run along and go on it's a small world adventure.......and remember.... cantar muy bien esta noche senor Tard :wub::heart:

Edited by Just_a_little_patience

I COULD reply but I learned all my Spanish off of old Cheech and Chong Movies..........

unnerstan Bendecchio?

Now Stay On Topic Before you Pisseth off the powers that be...........

Damn! I make a halfway Intelligent thread and it ends up in Chaos.............

Some Things Never Change....

Gotta RUN ........

Adios Mi Amore

(was that a faux pas?)

BACK ON TOPIC PLEASE...........(was that obscene?)

THANK YOU

GODERATOR W.C.

(They made me do it......Donnie Darko)

only the assholios can read this at the bottom of my post.......