Axl seems to try harder when singing with Sebastion Bach

BrewMan4Life

I dont know maybe im crazy but i saw gnr at hammerstien on may 14th and thought this and after seeing and hearing many of the my michelle performances since then I have come to this conclusion. It really put me over the top when i saw the Donnington performance on youtube. I think obviously it has to do with wanting to sound better than baz but I just want some other thoughts on this.

I don't think baz overshadow himself just not to overcome Axl...though Axl might be afraid of being overcomed and it also gives me the impression that Axl is trying hard to do it!!

Though don't forget that Axl is 44, and with 44 years old, he stills could matches a much younger voice like Sebastian Bach!

Oh...and put the 88's Axl next to todays Baz.....LOOOL!

Axl is God! (Slash is vice-god hihi)

Rock On Gunners!

I think, Baz isn't the better singer (regarding to vaiety, voice changes, etc ...he screams more than Axl), however he has much more power in his voice than Axl.... :book:

I saw GNR at the Novarock-Festival and Bach`s Band performed a few hours (perhaps 10 or more *g*) before GNR ...and I was like: "Wow, that guy is fuckin` great" .....The Band was amazing....but they were only allowed to play about half an hour :angry:

After all GNR were way better, but nevertheless Baz has a stronger voive, with mor power.....

I disagree with most of you there. I watched and listened to quite a few versions of the Ax/Baz My Michelle rendition, and I thought it was Baz that was struggling to keep up with Axl for most of it. Granted it's a Guns song and not something you'd hear Baz doing too often, but Axl was drowning him out most of the time.

If this is true, it's not hard to believe. And it's not necessarily to out perform him either. I think anyone would put on more of a performance if they were performing with a good friend reather than just bt themselves. Also, when Baz comes onto the stage, he's full of energy 'cos he hasn't already been performing for 45 mins and they just bounce off each other. It's like they're a team--they both perform together.

Guest Yanni_16

Keep in mind, if you've heard Bach's speaking voice, which I'm sure most of you have, it is very high-pitched, so singing in a high voice probably comes very naturally to him, and he has to push himself more for the low notes. Whereas Axl has a very deep voice, and is probably more comfortable singing in baritone voice, like he does on Mr. Brownstone. Both excellent singers though, they both blow Weiland out of the water (to everyone on the VR boards saying Weiland is a better singer than Bach).

I got the feeling that Baz was under-perfoming just so he wouldnt show Axl up...

aye I got that feeling too... I think axl has to try 100% to sound 75% of what he used to. Although that's nothing less than I expect and think that 75% of him is much much better than anyone else so I'm not moaning

Both excellent singers though, they both blow Weiland out of the water

Exactly.

Bach woud have been the way better choice for Velvet Revolver ...it's a pity Scott brings the band down.

He is not a very good singer considering Axl or Bach ....and i just don't like him, Bach is really a cool dude, but Weiland.....ahhh, you know ;)

Edited by marcusH

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

That's only natural, but it does make you think "Shouldn't Axl always sound like he's trying his hardest?".