What the Rock scene needs

Vincent Vega

What I'm saying in a nutshell is: Nobody in the young music (music, not only rock) scene is creating anything. You listen to a band today and it's all accessible, and the influences are so clear as hell. Bands nowadays set out to become something. All great rock bands which weren't supergroups, they started as a group of friends jamming. Aerosmith recorded their first album with something more primitive than software available on every standart PC nowadays. They started with ambition, but they weren't trying so goddamn hard to be a great band. We need that. We need a bunch of friends jamming and creating an original, intriguing album.

In other words, people need to actually have fun with what they do? And be themselves??? :o Revolutionary... shocking... radical... incredible...

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PULPY

Oooo yeah, sounds like a good idea.

I hate Indie, sure one song is good, but it generally sounds all the same!! Isn't the point that it's s'posed to be independent? :rolleyes:

Gn'r4life: Wait, you're way, way off.

Did you just say that The Killers were gay?

Dude, their influences are The Cure, Oasis, The Smiths, New Order, and "Somebody Told Me" is one of the most kickass single of the last 3 years. Nothing is gay or bad about their influences, or them for that matter.

exactly...

sorry but the killers are extremely good and so are all of their influences...except t' smiths

What I'm saying in a nutshell is: Nobody in the young music (music, not only rock) scene is creating anything. You listen to a band today and it's all accessible, and the influences are so clear as hell. Bands nowadays set out to become something. All great rock bands which weren't supergroups, they started as a group of friends jamming. Aerosmith recorded their first album with something more primitive than software available on every standart PC nowadays. They started with ambition, but they weren't trying so goddamn hard to be a great band. We need that. We need a bunch of friends jamming and creating an original, intriguing album.

In other words, people need to actually have fun with what they do? And be themselves??? :o Revolutionary... shocking... radical... incredible...

I know it sounds dumb, but it's true. This is why there aren't any truly great bands in the young music scene.

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

zint61, don't you like Chuck Berry?

Great point sweetness.

Edited by Ohdistortedsmile1789

Dude, their influences are The Cure, Oasis, The Smiths, New Order, and "Somebody Told Me" is one of the most kickass single of the last 3 years. Nothing is gay or bad about their influences, or them for that matter.

exactly...

sorry but the killers are extremely good and so are all of their influences...except t' smiths

Marky ur a little fucker so fuck off. The Killers SUCK end of discussion. And who the fuck cares if they list the crue as an influence? They sound nothing like Motley.

exactly...

Marky ur a little fucker so fuck off. The Killers SUCK end of discussion. And who the fuck cares if they list the crue as an influence? They sound nothing like Motley.

It's The Cure, not Motley Crue.

exactly...

It's The Cure, not Motley Crue.

Even worse

It doesnt fucking matter! that wasnt the arguement, the killers just SUCK!!! In a year or two, theyll be even gayer that Nickleback!!!

exactly...

Havnt they banned you yet :laugh:

You've never heard of The Flaming Lips or Radiohead? :rolleyes:

Ditto

I'm gonna third this - and add 'Tool' to the list.

Good call and im gonna add "the mars volta" and make it 4

exactly...

Havnt they banned you yet :laugh:

You've never heard of The Flaming Lips or Radiohead? :rolleyes:

Ditto

I'm gonna third this - and add 'Tool' to the list.

Good call and im gonna add "the mars volta" and make it 4

What list is this, list of rubbish bands? :rofl-lol: i kid i kid

less theory, more practise....thats what rock needs. get out there n do it.

hear hear. :) And like Adnan said, taking influence from great classic bands is good, but mimicking them without adding or evolving on what's already been done to perfection...it may be fun to watch live but it hardly adds to modern music in any lasting or enduring way.

Music scenes usually tend to come and go with the decades, right?

70's-psychedelic rock

80's-glam rock/metal

90's-Grunge(well, only for about 1/2 the decade), then rap

2000's-rap and emo

Well then I guess we gotta wait about 3 and 1/2 years for things to change. And who knows what's around the corner.

The rap has been going on for a long ass time and I think it's exceeded it's '10 minutes of Fame'.

Predictions as to what's next, anyone? :huh:

The rap has been going on for a long ass time and I think it's exceeded it's '10 minutes of Fame'.

Isnt it 15 minutes? :laugh:

Rap isnt that good.

So..? :huh:

What I meant was, Rap doesnt deserve 15 min of fame, so they get 10... or something like that.