Aerosmith thread

Top Jimmy

I used to like Toys in the Attic better, but I've been listening to this one, and it's certainly their best Columbia album if not their best overall.

The whole album is great from start to end, even the lesser known tracks like "Rats in the Cellar" and "Lick and a Promise" are rocking, rolling, Aerosmithian tunes that could've been successful as singles. Tyler's vocals and Perry's guitar throughout the album are amazing. The album is almost like a combination between the bluesy boogie of their first selftitled album with the mainstream rock of "Get Your Wings".

All, in all, it's probably the essential Aerosmith album, as it captures Aerosmith's power at its best. Permanent Vacation & Pump are more focused, Toys in the Attic is more diverse and danceable, but nothing is as endearing as Rocks.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Somebody on another forum created this and I thought it was kind of cool, so here it is: Aerosmith Album Quiz

I got "Aerosmith." "The first album the band ever made. You set your sights high and you're determined to reach your goals. You may be a little wet behind the ears but you know you've got potential. You dream about your ideal future and you know it only takes a little hard work and a little love to make it. Dream until your dreams come true!"

That was followed closely by "Toys" and "Honkin'" for me.

Which Aerosmith album are you?

Your Result: Draw the Line

To quote Cartman from South Park, your motto is "Whateva! I'll do what I WANT!" Some people find you rather cocky. You probably already know this too, and where the title like a crown. Sometimes you also slack off a bit, because after all, you're a busy person. Okay, maybe not everything you do is productive, but you don't mine it. Most people find you kind of crazy, maybe you need to slow up a little.

Your Result: Toys in the Attic

Look out world here you come! You know you've got it going on. You're confident and in your prime. You're always the life of the party and everyone loves you. You're talented at what you do and your bright light announces that to the world. But keep in mind, you may have already gotten your wings, but sometimes it's best to stay grounded.

rock4

You're an extremely laid back person. You're usually calm and cool in any situation. Of course, like everyone, you've got your wild side, but for the part you like to keep it soulful. You're definitly a fan of anything classic, and sometimes you can be a little nostalgic. Sometimes people don't know what to expect from you, but you never disappoint

i'm honkin on bobo

i don't even have that 1 yet

Edited by Bucketslash

Your Result: Honkin' On Bobo

You're an extremely laid back person. You're usually calm and cool in any situation. Of course, like everyone, you've got your wild side, but for the part you like to keep it soulful. You're definitly a fan of anything classic, and sometimes you can be a little nostalgic. Sometimes people don't know what to expect from you, but you never disappoint.

Honkin' on Bobo followed by Toys in the Attic

You're an extremely laid back person. You're usually calm and cool in any situation. Of course, like everyone, you've got your wild side, but for the part you like to keep it soulful. You're definitly a fan of anything classic, and sometimes you can be a little nostalgic. Sometimes people don't know what to expect from you, but you never disappoint.

Well, those are two of my most listened to 'Smith albums. But I think that Rocks followed by Permanent Vacation would've described me better.