Aerosmith thread

Top Jimmy

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

question:

what the hell does the backing vocalist say at the end of Janie?

it goes like "Honey, honey, what's the problem? Tell me it ain't right. Was it daddy's

*something* that made you scream at night? "

I can't find it anywhere and I can't make out the words

question:

it goes like "Honey, honey, what's the problem? Tell me it ain't right. Was it daddy's

www.lyrics.com

question:

"cradle-robbin'"

The only place that I've found so far that Aerosmith lyrics are 100% correct have been at http://www.rockthisway.de/.

Edited by ronaldo9

Are you guy's serious? Aerosmith went totally lame after Get A Grip. I can't even look at them without laughing. The music is so contrived it is not even funny. Steve Tyler would write a song for the Lego company if they paid him at this point. I will admit Aerosmith does have a pretty good back catalogue. But I am left perplexed with some of their choices and lack of continuity.

Honkin' On Bobo & Just Push Play are great albums. Their only lame albums were Rock in a Hard Place, Night in the Ruts, Nine Lives and maybe Draw the Line.

Mrs. Brownstone: Honkin' on Bobo is a great album, what's awful about it? Is it the fact that it was a blues album? I love every track on it, especially "Jesus is on the Main Line". The album was widely praised by critics everywhere.

The album was widely hailed by critics everywhere as a gigantic improvement and return to form for the band, it features some of Perry's most blinding guitar work, and overall just a great blues grit from the keyboards and the smooth guitars.

So why have I heard more than about 5 members here say the album was bad, or awful? Is it just because it's a blues album?

The album was widely hailed by critics everywhere as a gigantic improvement and return to form for the band, it features some of Perry's most blinding guitar work, and overall just a great blues grit from the keyboards and the smooth guitars.

So why have I heard more than about 5 members here say the album was bad, or awful? Is it just because it's a blues album?

its a covers album. :confused:

even without that album, Aerosmith are probably one of the worst bands ever alongside Bon Jovi and Motley Crue.

its a covers album. :confused:

even without that album, Aerosmith are probably one of the worst bands ever alongside Bon Jovi and Motley Crue.

Yes, it's a covers album, and.... The songs are hugely changed from their original form.

What bullshit, one of the worst bands ever, maybe the 80's stuff is quite bad compared to their other work...

What bullshit, one of the worst bands ever, maybe the 80's stuff is quite bad compared to their other work...

Even their 80s stuff is good. Pump is a great album and "Reefer Head Woman," "Cheesecake," "Push Comes to Shove," and "Joanie's Butterfly" are great songs from Night in the Nuts and Rock in a Hard Place.

Even their 80s stuff is good. Pump is a great album and "Reefer Head Woman," "Cheesecake," "Push Comes to Shove," and "Joanie's Butterfly" are great songs from Night in the Nuts and Rock in a Hard Place.

Yeah, but you're not even going to compare that with the 70's and 90's output. Pump is a great album, and DWM and PV are pretty decent overall, but confused efforts.

their 80's stuff and 90's stuff; all vomit inducing.

however 2 or 3 of their 70's albums are listenable.

Yeah, but you're not even going to compare that with the 70's and 90's output. Pump is a great album, and DWM and PV are pretty decent overall, but confused efforts.

Well, it's going to be pretty hard to put anything out that compares with their 70's work. Also, my mistake on the Night in the Ruts. That album is from '79.

Edited by ronaldo9

I have 3 of their albums. Rocks and Pump are both classics. Great songs and only a few filler tracks. Permanent Vacation disappointed me a little bit cause I'd heard good things about it and expected it to be as good as Pump. Still a good album though with some gems.

I've heard a lot of people say how terrible Rock in a Hard Place is but it seems to me that the people don't want to give it a chance since Perry and Whitford weren't in the band then. I heard Lightning Strikes off that album and I think it's a great song.

I have 3 of their albums. Rocks and Pump are both classics. Great songs and only a few filler tracks. Permanent Vacation disappointed me a little bit cause I'd heard good things about it and expected it to be as good as Pump. Still a good album though with some gems.

I've heard a lot of people say how terrible Rock in a Hard Place is but it seems to me that the people don't want to give it a chance since Perry and Whitford weren't in the band then. I heard Lightning Strikes off that album and I think it's a great song.

Rock in a Hard Place isn't bad at all, it's just mediocre by Aerosmith standards. And it has a lot of filler.

Rock in a Hard Place isn't bad at all, it's just mediocre by Aerosmith standards. And it has a lot of filler.

Yeah its not very good. "Lightning Strikes" is an awesome song though, but Whitford played on it I believe.

question:

haha im called janie, im sure that song came out in the year i was born as well lol