Aerosmith thread

Top Jimmy

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thurston Moore? Zoot Horn Rollo? Johhny Marr? John McLaughlin?

All great, I never said anything about Perry and Townsend being the ONLY guitarists who outshine the frontmen.

Angus Young is the greatest guitar showman I have ever seen and completely outstages Brian Johnson

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

All great, I never said anything about Perry and Townsend being the ONLY guitarists who outshine the frontmen.

Angus Young is the greatest guitar showman I have ever seen and completely outstages Brian Johnson

Johnson is kind of a joke.

Word.

AC/DC died when Bon Scott did.

Word.

I'm a diehard Bon era fan...but Back In Black is a fucking amazing album.A true rock classic!

It was after BIB that everything had a Son of Back In Black sameness to it.

Word.

I'm a diehard Bon era fan...but Back In Black is a fucking amazing album.A true rock classic!

I agree. Bon was the best but Johnson is no joke.

Edited by sweetness

Word.

I agree. Bon was the best but Johnson is no joke.

WTF johnson a joke? Man...he is great!! not as great as Bon but still! he did/is doing a pretty good job.

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

He was great on Back In Black but his voice declined very quickly, and his appearance is a bit comical, I like him but he is sort of a joke.

05-Sep-06New Message From Tom Hamilton

Hi You Guys,

I think You've all probably heard that I'll be missing the first month or so of the tour.

Last spring I was diagnosed with throat cancer and told I would have to go through seven weeks of radiation and chemo. The doctors asked me what my schedule would be and when I told them I was going out on tour in September they all looked at each other with their eyebrows down. They told me I wouldn't be ready by that time. The tour had been in the planning stages for far too long to postpone so I realized I would miss at least the beginning of it. They explained my treatment and what I had to deal with and I realized that there would be no decisions to agonize about. At least that was easy. The only things I agonize about in life are decisions. In this case there were none to make.

So that became my summer project. I had radiation five days a week and chemo one day a week. The first two weeks were a piece of cake but the rest has been a piece of something else. I'll tell you about it someday.

I'm just getting to the point where the side effects of the treatment are getting better but I still have a way to go just like the doctors predicted in the beginning.

I'll be getting out there as soon as possible believe me. Tonight is the first gig and it feels really weird not being there. As a matter of fact this is going to ruin my perfect attendance record.

A good friend of ours, David Hull is going to fill in for me 'til i get back. He's a killer musician and a guy we've known since the 1325 days. He played with Joe during some of the Joe Perry Project days and I've had the pleasure of hangin' and jammin' with him at some charity gigs over the last few months. So treat him right!

I'll see you out there in a few weeks.

TH

Here's the link: Message From Tom

Sounds like everything's going well. Hopefully he remains on schedule, get better, and get on stage soon. :)

Edited by ronaldo9

• 2 weeks later...

I found it on Blabbermouth. It's already going to be on the compilation album (October 10) along with "Sedona Sunrise," so I don't know if it will be on the studio album next year. But I hope it'll be on the new album. I don't know if I'm going to buy the compilation or not, since there's only two songs.

This song kind of reminds me something that would be on "Pump." I think they said it was written in '92. Also, the writing credits belong to Steven, Joe, and Diane Warren.

Edited by ronaldo9

Wow, I really like what Im hearing here, this is one of the best new songs Ive heard in awhile. The riff is kina simple but Stevens vocals sound great and Joes solo is awsome.

I hope the rest of the new album sounds like this, not over produced or too popish.

Edited by sweetness