Aerosmith thread

Top Jimmy

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

Aerosmith are a Rock band, and although I respect their attempts at Blues, I don't think it's worth checking them out.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

question:

what the hell does the backing vocalist say at the end of Janie?

it goes like "Honey, honey, what's the problem? Tell me it ain't right. Was it daddy's

*something* that made you scream at night? "

I can't find it anywhere and I can't make out the words

found it

it's "craddle robbin'"

it sure took me a while; most lyrics sites don't have that part

question:

what the hell does the backing vocalist say at the end of Janie?

it goes like "Honey, honey, what's the problem? Tell me it ain't right. Was it daddy's

*something* that made you scream at night? "

I can't find it anywhere and I can't make out the words

found it

it's "craddle robbin'"

it sure took me a while; most lyrics sites don't have that part

and, yeah, Rockthisway is the best Aerosmith fansite; too bad it hasn't been updated in a long time

28618646807_0_ALB.jpg

98891746807_0_ALB.jpg

hp_scanDS_512715511216.jpg

To Alex, Tom Hamilton dream on, 12.07.2005

Is all I've got to add.

That's really cool Alex! Did you just see him walking on the street or something?

& that's one of the onlypictures you've posted of yourself smiling. You look good when you smile! Do it more often. :xmasssanta:

That's really cool Alex! Did you just see him walking on the street or something?

& that's one of the onlypictures you've posted of yourself smiling. You look good when you smile! Do it more often. :xmasssanta:

Well, I had to go downtown Minneapolis with my parents because my Mom had to talk to a lawyer (First time it wasn't because of me :lol:) and, since she's got MS and at the time wasn't walking as good, my Dad n' I went to get the car, ended up gettin' a lil' lost in Gaviidae Commons and then my Dad stoped n' turned around n' looked at him n' he was like dude, that's Tom from Aerosmith, I'm like bullshit dude, it's some metrosexual wanna be dude. He's like Fuck you, it's Tom go n' ask the lady at information for a pen. So I did that as he was talkin' to her...I was like hey, um..can I get an autograph? He's like yeah man. Then he looked over at my Dad n' just kinda stared, since they've met in the past n' the look in Tom's eyes was like "I know you...". It was fuckin' cool n' then we got the car n' when my Mom got into it I told her n' she's like bullshit, I'm like look at my phone then. She then goes, 'fuck off, I'm so jealous'. It was a hell of a day...

Also, thanks Olga. I've posted a couple pictures when I'm half smilin' though...it's rare to get a smile outta me.

Fucking awesome! Where did you meet him?

Gaviidae Commons, Minneapolis, Minnesota. Day after Aerosmith played the Target Center. Tom was lost... :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

I was just watching Story Of Aerosmith on MuchMoreMusic, and this really struck me as beautiful:

Interviewer: You know Zeppelin, the Stones, Hendrix, what they are to you, you're that to some people?

Tyler: Yeah, but never to us, we still listen to those records, I look back at our discography and I feel proud of our accomplishments, but we have never and will never touch even the worst of what the Stones produced. We still listen to those records, still enjoy them, still use them as influences. If we have actually been as good as them at any point, I didn't and don't know it.

The rest of the band chimed in their agreement. It's awesome that they still have all this humility after becoming rock legends and enjoying such a successful and lucrative career.

Has a band ever surpassed their influence? Im starting to think thats why rock has been going downhill...

I thought you said Gn'R were the best ever? That would be an example if you believed that.

The Rolling Stones, Clapton/Cream, Grateful Dead and many others have surpassed their influences IMO, Green Day are a more recent example.

Edited by adnan

Steven Tyler:

It's cool when i meet young guys from other bands who say how much of an impact Aerosmith has had on them and how much they like mw. I'll give 'em that 'C'mon, you don't mean that' routine but in my heart i know where they're coming from

:lol:

Depends what day you catch him on

Steven Tyler:

It's cool when i meet young guys from other bands who say how much of an impact Aerosmith has had on them and how much they like mw. I'll give 'em that 'C'mon, you don't mean that' routine but in my heart i know where they're coming from

:lol:

Depends what day you catch him on

In stevens defence, maybe that is because that's how he feels towards the heroes of his generation. Like the stones for example.

Oh yeah i guess it could be, i hadn't read it that way for some reason, i read it like 'i know we're great' not 'i know what its like to feel like that'

Has a band ever surpassed their influence? Im starting to think thats why rock has been going downhill...

I thought you said Gn'R were the best ever? That would be an example if you believed that.

The Rolling Stones, Clapton/Cream, Grateful Dead and many others have surpassed their influences IMO, Green Day are a more recent example.

Good point, but I say Guns is the best band ever because their just my favorite band, bands like the Stones and the Beatles were and are liked by more people. But I think youre right, they are an example of a band who has passed their influence.

Slash definately surpassed Joe Perry

Total and complete crock of shit. I have never heard such an audacious and ridiculous claim.

Joe Perry and Keith Richards are two of the most underrated guitarists ever. They sadly each had very ego-centric frontman(even more than axl rose) and were overshadowed when they, in fact, played a very large role in their bands success. I will even go as far to say that Tyler's ego blocked everyone else from noticing that Joe Perry actually carried Aerosmith.

Very much similar to how Slash carried GNR in the 80's but Axl's limelight personality gaave him more stardom....but it wasn't as bad as Aerosmith

Total and complete crock of shit. I have never heard such an audacious and ridiculous claim.

Joe Perry and Keith Richards are two of the most underrated guitarists ever. They sadly each had very ego-centric frontman(even more than axl rose) and were overshadowed when they, in fact, played a very large role in their bands success. I will even go as far to say that Tyler's ego blocked everyone else from noticing that Joe Perry actually carried Aerosmith.

Very much similar to how Slash carried GNR in the 80's but Axl's limelight personality gaave him more stardom....but it wasn't as bad as Aerosmith

Yes, but don't underestimate how famous Joe Perry has become. Critics recognize that he is essential to Aerosmith, they're nothing without him. Even the public realized this, as "Night in the Ruts" on which Perry played only 3 or 4 tracks and "Rock in a Hard Place" which was made without Perry & Whitford both failed to go platinum.

Yes, but don't underestimate how famous Joe Perry has become. Critics recognize that he is essential to Aerosmith, they're nothing without him. Even the public realized this, as "Night in the Ruts" on which Perry played only 3 or 4 tracks and "Rock in a Hard Place" which was made without Perry & Whitford both failed to go platinum.

Abd thankfuly Keith is also getting the recognition he deserves nowadays. I absolutely love the man!

Both correct that they are each getting a little more recognition and respect nowadays...but IMO those two should keep getting respect until they are recognized consistently by magazines and fans as two of the top 10 greatest guitarists of all-time.

....and I don't even like Aerosmith, yet I can tell that Joe Perry gave them almost all that they had...and Keith is the "rock" on almost all stones albums

Edited by GOLDEN

• 2 weeks later...