Aerosmith thread

Top Jimmy

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where's Sweet Emotion for Best Song?! :cry:

I'm a fan of Steven and Joe

EDIT: And I don't own any albums, but I want to get one, I love this band ... Rocks or Toys In The Attic? Which is better to start of?

I'm a big fan of Sweet Emotion and Walk This Way, so I thought Toys would be a good choice

Aha, huge mistake. No matter how good Toys is, Rocks is still a better album, it's great right through, not a weak track. Toys deflates a bit occasionally but has a great middle section with Walk This Way, Big Ten-Inch Record, and Sweet Emotion.

You should get them in this order:

Rocks

Toys

Pump

Other albums.

tap into the stoner era...you can't go wrong

the video hits years are secondary

tap into the stoner era...you can't go wrong

the video hits years are secondary

If you were talking to me, I have all their albums and once actually listened to all of them in a row, no stoppages. I was just giving my top 3.

FWIW, I love Don't Wanna Miss a Thing.

Everyone secretly does.

What does FWIW mean?

For What I Wonder? I'm guessing.

Maple Leaf Gardens Toronto

Rick Derringer opened (Rock and Roll Hoochie Koo)

Second best concert I have ever seen to this day!

Hopped out of the stands and walked right up front!

fucking phenominal concert!

Saw them 3 times in concert.

1986, Ted Nugent opened. During the show, a big beach ball made its way up to the stage and Tyler kicked it back into the crowd(YES), a minute later the ball made its way over to Perry, he grabbed it and threw it off stage(NO). Perry probably did it to piss off Tyler, they were still on drugs at that point(YES).

1988, Dokken opened up. Great show.

Later that year(1988), a little known band called Guns n Roses opened up. Greatest show I've ever seen!!

Saw them 3 times in concert.

1986, Ted Nugent opened. During the show, a big beach ball made its way up to the stage and Tyler kicked it back into the crowd(YES), a minute later the ball made its way over to Perry, he grabbed it and threw it off stage(NO). Perry probably did it to piss off Tyler, they were still on drugs at that point(YES).

1988, Dokken opened up. Great show.

Later that year(1988), a little known band called Guns n Roses opened up. Greatest show I've ever seen!!

I would love to see them in concert, they never seem to come over to the uk to tour though

Aerosmith are the greatest American rock band in history, if not the best overall.

Tyler is the perfect frontman, Perry is one fucking helluva guitarist, and Kramer's the grooviest motherfucking drummer in history.

You know, even Rock in a Hard Place and Night in the Ruts aren't bad records. Sometimes I put in Permanent Vacation and get a little shocked by how poppy it is, then I figure, hey, they had to do this to get back on top, and at least they did it well. "Angel" is hands down the best of the 80's overproduced power ballads, even if it sounds more like Bon Jovi than Aerosmith. Pretty much all of their albums are great listens right through. Once again, Joe Perry is God.

Aerosmith is one of my favorite bands, but I so far I havent had much luck getting to see them live. I had tickets to see them in March or something, REALLY GOOD TICKETS, and the day before the show Steven got sick :anger: Now Ive been trying to get tickets to see them in Detroit, but their expensive as fuck. But I was talking to my dad about it and he knows some guy who can get me good tickets cheap, so we'll see...

Aerosmith is one of my favorite bands, but I so far I havent had much luck getting to see them live. I had tickets to see them in March or something, REALLY GOOD TICKETS, and the day before the show Steven got sick :anger: Now Ive been trying to get tickets to see them in Detroit, but their expensive as fuck. But I was talking to my dad about it and he knows some guy who can get me good tickets cheap, so we'll see...

cool thats lucky, they arent even tourin over here which sucks! i so much want to see them if they dont come over here, im goin over to america to see them lol

second time I saw them was at the C.N.E. Stadium in Toronto 1979

an all day concert called the World Music Festival

Aerosmith headlined..

also on the bill

Ted Nugent

Nazareth

Johnny Winter

Ramones.....(yes,the Ramones!!)

can't think of who else off hand

It was the full on junky years for the Toxic Twins,I still remember during Train Kept A Rollin...Stephen did his classic spinning across the stage while holding the mic stand over his head.

He fell flat on his ass..

Lots of people were walking out on them...afterwards people were saying they were disappointed with their performance,very sloppy and WAY over the top stoned.

I thought they rocked.

I have an audio bootleg of their set from this show...they sound great to me.

They're my favorite band of all time! rock3 I have all of their cd's except for "Done With Mirrors" and "Just Push Play." I can't find DWM anywhere in stores. <_< Anyway, "Kings and Queens" is my favorite song that they do. I saw them last year with Lenny Kravitz, and I'm looking forward to see them again on this tour. Anybody see them on the 4th of July special? Steven's voice sounded a little deeper than before the surgery, but he could still nail those high notes.

I like Aerosmith but to define them I would say.

A band that got more and more overrated as each album went on

but the albums failed to deliver musically as much as their previous efforts.

When the 90's came around they were not reaching anything near their former glories, yet they

became more and more legendary.

It just doesn't add up.

Are you guy's serious? Aerosmith went totally lame after Get A Grip. I can't even look at them without laughing. The music is so contrived it is not even funny. Steve Tyler would write a song for the Lego company if they paid him at this point. I will admit Aerosmith does have a pretty good back catalogue. But I am left perplexed with some of their choices and lack of continuity.

Are you guy's serious? Aerosmith went totally lame after Get A Grip. I can't even look at them without laughing. The music is so contrived it is not even funny. Steve Tyler would write a song for the Lego company if they paid him at this point. I will admit Aerosmith does have a pretty good back catalogue. But I am left perplexed with some of their choices and lack of continuity.

I agree with you to some extent. After Get A Grip I think they started to branch out and experiment more. I think a lot of bands do that after having so much success and with such a large catalogue behind them. That last album, the really jazzy/bluesy one was awful. But you can't discount what they did in the past....