Where do they go now?

wasted

After this successful tour and the leaks (even if they werent planned did a good job of kick starting this band). They have the songs, they have the live show down, hell they even have Izzy back. At the beginning of the year they were drowning, now they are doing the 4x400m Butterfly in champagne jacuzzis. But where do they go now? Do they have the balls the drop the record and tour the US so suddenly? or is it better to wait until next year? Have some time to recover so they can regroup.

After this successful tour and the leaks (even if they werent planned did a good job of kick starting this band). They have the songs, they have the live show down, hell they even have Izzy back. At the beginning of the year they were drowning, now they are doing the 4x400m Butterfly in champagne jacuzzis. But where do they go now? Do they have the balls the drop the record and tour the US so suddenly? or is it better to wait until next year? Have some time to recover so they can regroup.

They've got time to recover. Their next gig after the Europe shows is the Sep 23rd show in LA. Unless I missed some news.

Where do they go from here? Why to the VMAs, and then release a single and finally the album. Isn't that logical? After all, Axl said the album drops this fall. I've got no reason to doubt that until it's either obviously too late (which it isn't, yet), or when he says otherwise.

I say soon's the word. They wouldn't have done the tour if it wasn't. But that's just me. I know about 2002...all the more reason not to do that now.

Time will tell us for certain.

I think I need to see the new band a few more times and listen to a few more leaked demos. Let's not rush it. I want to be in the right head space to hear it and I don't want them to rush release a piece of shit record. I say wait a few more years. 2010 has a nice right to it.

I hope you are joking. I def think u are but its hard to tell on here.

Wait til 2010? that makes no sense.

Now is the time and there's no doubt about it. They have a little ball rolling for them right now. With the right promotion and a great single there is no better time to strike. The longer the delay the higher the expectations, which are already too high to begin with.

For us the time has been right since 2000. But for ordinary non-obsessed people, they need a bit more time. Like he definitely needs to tour the US properly before release of album. Otherwise nobodies even gonna know it's out. What about the Big Guns? Is Better the single?

But Axl said FALL so I'm trying to get ready for it. I've listening to Silkworms on repeat for a few days. I was reading some of the lyrics to TWAT and I think I'm just about ready to hear a studio version of that particular song. Lets hope the record buying public get on board with this record and don't makes all look like idiots for supporting the rehashed GNR. When's Brain back? I don't any of these drummers. Frank Ferrer, cool name what's his story?

Ok so I get carried away a bit but basically I'm not sure if enough people know about this record for a fall release. But what the hell do I know? I'm not exactly Mr. Marketing Executive. I'm sure they know what they are doing. It just seems after such a long wait they are going to rush release it at the final stage. It's a risk is all.

CD will be out this year.

CD will be out this year.

We are all hoping for that...like the past years

Im sure the Gnr camp have been working out a plan for the US tour and album release while the band has been doing the Europe & UK tour. If the new album won't be out until december it would be nice to see a DVD of the recent tour before that.

its wierd that Tom Zutat said that he was so close to get GNR to put out the record in 98. He actually thought it should happend. now,8 years later we still waiting for a realase date. To be a GNR fan is really hard isnt it? :unsure:

-Sjakalen-

Edited by Sjakalen

I think once the official release date is announced which will be before the US tour hopefully then the press will be on it.

The media has nothin to say about GNR until that release date is set. Then a single then a tour.

It'll be all over the media once that happens so I'm not worried about it.

ok, ill take a stab.

Come back, do nothing for two weeks. Axl, picks a place in NY to buy a house (not too far from Merck and Sterling). Axl does some shopping for the house, then they have a meeting. They pick 8-10 songs that are all finished, and maybe, hopefully, record 2-3 new ones. While mastering is taking place, Merck announces a release/tour date.

...well, sounds good on paper..:/.. :xmassrudolph:

Edited by Dervaj

I saw Gnr in NYC and it was the best concert I have been to. I think this is the yr of Guns N fuckin Roses!!! I think that the U.S. tour should be this year. I cant wait till the offical press release of their tour and the cd release. I look everyday atleast 5 times a day

The fact that Axl said fall release is pretty promising. But is that too early? Are we really ready for this record?

you've got plenty of time to make cards all around your house that say: welcome to the world, Chinese Democracy! if that's what you mean.... otherwise, of course everybody's ready for that record and have been it for some damn long time!!

ain't I right?

personally i think if axl gets enough money from this tour he will disappear for a while, how long who knows

..with this certain attitude and knowledge of lettin' people down if he fuckin' disappears again..he IS NOT ALLOWED to do this ...