They should drop the 'Chinese' out of 'Chinese Democracy'.

Jackamo!

They should drop the ''Chinese'' out of ''Chinese Democracy''.

Just call it ''Democracy''.

Why??

Because the Chinese would get offended and bann it. From what I can tell, Axl is loyal to the Chinese. Didn't he spend some time there? And they are so censored it's not even funny. The Rolling Stone's '40 Licks' CD only has '36' songs on it in China. They took out songs like 'Honky Tonk Women'. So, it's obvious that they are not gonna sell a CD called Chinese Democracy. Why not call the damn thing ''Democracy''. It has a nice ring to it. They could leave the song title ''Chinese Democracy'' but not the album. I don't expect that son g to make it anyway.

Drop the ''Chinese'' out of ''Chinese Democracy''!

Why??

Because the Chinese would get offended and bann it.

More importantly where are the songs Jackamo said he had, "This I Love" and "Prostitute"?:question:

And yes, Coldplay also had this problem. The Chinese also banned the track "Spies" because they took it too literally.:lol:

Why??

Because the Chinese would get offended and bann it. From what I can tell, Axl is loyal to the Chinese. Didn't he spend some time there? And they are so censored it's not even funny. The Rolling Stone's '40 Licks' CD only has '36' songs on it in China. They took out songs like 'Honky Tonk Women'. So, it's obvious that they are not gonna sell a CD called Chinese Democracy. Why not call the damn thing ''Democracy''. It has a nice ring to it. They could leave the song title ''Chinese Democracy'' but not the album. I don't expect that son g to make it anyway.

So you don't expect Chinese Democracy to be on Chinese Democracy? :drevil:

How about calling it Damnocracy?

Now that's an idea! that's a savage animal!

P.S. On a more serious note, I have a sneaky feeling the album isn't going to be called 'Chinese Democracy' at all, but be called something completely different.

The demo's that we have will probaly be the finished product on the album. You of course deny that thought, but the song they release on the End of Days soundtrack, "Oh My God" was rumoured to be just a demo. So, 'demos' - 'democracy'. Get it?

The demo's that we have will probaly be the finished product on the album. You of course deny that thought, but the song they release on the End of Days soundtrack, "Oh My God" was rumoured to be just a demo. So, 'demos' - 'democracy'. Get it?

no i wouldnt think so.

I.R.S im pretty sure is definately a demo because its missing that first solo by Fink when its played live.

axl wants this to be good, hes not just gonna put some shitty demos on a cd after this long and just hope it sells.

Why??

:book:

there is a reason the album is titled what it is.

changing half of the name is dumb - it takes away from the essence of the album title.

if they were to change it they would have to change it altogether, which is 1) irrational and 2) not going to happen

Why??

Because the Chinese would get offended and bann it.

More importantly where are the songs Jackamo said he had, "This I Love" and "Prostitute"?:question:

And yes, Coldplay also had this problem. The Chinese also banned the track "Spies" because they took it too literally.:lol:

He does not have 'This I love' or 'Prostitute.' If he did, we would have heard them by now.

Watch the Tokyo "UYI'' DVD, and watch all of those Chinese or Japenese people. They like Guns N' Roses. Calling it 'Chinese Democracy' would take them away from them. It's not fair.

'Chinese Democracy' is held close to your hearts because you've been waiting so long. But the 'Chinese' is unnessicary (sp?). The song itself doesn't even say the word Chinese.

Watch the Tokyo "UYI'' DVD, and watch all of those Chinese or Japenese people. They like Guns N' Roses. Calling it 'Chinese Democracy' would take them away from them. It's not fair.

'Chinese Democracy' is held close to your hearts because you've been waiting so long. But the 'Chinese' is unnessicary (sp?). The song itself doesn't even say the word Chinese.

Actually it does, at the point where it says something like "sitting in a chinese stew/school" something to that effect.

AS someone who has just gotten back from China, I can say that GNR records, and no not knock offs are in every single music store there. So as far as offending the chinese people, having chinese in the title of the album wont make a difference. Axl is one of the few current north american artist, to have albums out there. If he can get them to sell Chinese Democracy, he should sell quite a few there.

Maybe Axl wants it banned over there... Did you ever think about that? The Chinese are the biggest software/movie/music/everything-else pirates in the world. Maybe they won't want to steal CD because of "democracy" being in the title... :P:P:P

P.S., It's the word "democracy" that is banned over there. It wouldn't matter if Axl chose to call the album Canadian Democracy, Russian Democracy, or Cuban Democracy; they would all still be banned.

Edited by T.W.A.T.

It wouldn't matter if Axl chose to call the album Canadian Democracy, Russian Democracy, or Cuban Democracy;

That's amazing you said that! Axl called me this morning and said those were the names of his next three albums! The only one you left out is called "World Democracy: Live Era II", which will be a triple live album, completely redubbed with no actual live recordings.

Actually the song is about the present government situation in China, where a religious group known as the Falun Gong are persecuted by the chinese government because they preach freedom. Something which the communist dictatorship will not allow. In the same way they won't allow certain google searches because they are so fearful of a revolution that they breed the fight out of the people.