The Beatles & Led Zeppelin

Calm Like A Bomb

For me, music is about the songs.

When i was younger all i cared about was that the song had an excellent guitar riff but as i got older i was able to appreciate everything about each song. That's why i can listen to The Beatles all day long and John Lennon because their music was forever changing.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

For me, music is about the songs.

When i was younger all i cared about was that the song had an excellent guitar riff but as i got older i was able to appreciate everything about each song. That's why i can listen to The Beatles all day long and John Lennon because their music was forever changing.

They changed, but the songs remained great.

I was at a Cafe I hang at last night, and this guy was playing, just himself and guitar. He was a decent singer, and could support himself on the guitar. But he was just dreadful because of his setlist. He did Prince's "Kiss", then 3 Doors Down's "Here Without You", then "Home" by Michael Buble. It was just ridiculous. If he just sang a bunch of country songs he would've sounded fine, instead he had the house in laughter. Good music means the musicians either know which cover songs suit them, or write honest songs that sound authentic.

Led Zeppelin were a great rock band, no doubt. But I think they lost sight of that at times. They just aren't what I'm about anymore. Like I said I still love some of their material though.

Zeppelin is one of the Greatest bands out there, that is my final word!!!And whoever dont like it..

well... :fuckyou:

:fuckyou: To you too then, it's called an opinion.

I though Zeppelin were amazing when i first got into them; THEN I FOUND OUT MOST OF THE MUSIC ISN'T CREATED BY THEM!!!!!

ZEPPELIN 1 HAS NO COMPLETELY ORIGINAL SONGS!

ZEPPELIN 2 HAS ONLOY 20% ORIGINAL MATERIAL

ZEPPELIN 3 HAS ABOUT 40% ORIGINAL MATERIAL

THE REST OF THEIR ALBUMS CONTAIN AT LEAST 12 SONGS THEY STOLE THAT WEREN'T THIERS.

No.

nope, there's no Stones material that can be compared to Zep

Yes, they could never touch "The Crunge". :no:

ODSPWN3T3d?!!·!!!!1!

I've said it a trillion times, my favourites are the Beatles, the Stones and Zeppelin. And there's also Pink Floyd, Santana and the Red Hot Chili Peppers, but those are slightly lower in my list. No one touches the first three.

I think that the Beatles were and are very overrated, a few decent songs but mainly wierd rubbish, I can't see the appeal of them at all. I can't stand Paul Mc Cartney or anything to do with him, he is an up himself arrogant tosser :angry:

That's a pretty harsh opinion you have there but if that's what you think then fair enough. I love Paul McCartney's voice and he and Lennon are the best writing duo ever and that's a fact. Lennon is of course my favourite beatle and his solo work is beyond amazing, Plastic Ono Band is one of the greatest albums i own. Harrison was my second favourite beatle, i loved his songs.

i think the beatles are overrated. their lyrics didn't get good until they started doing acid. look at their early shit. the lyrics are pathetic (i.e. I wanna hold your hand). personally i think paul mccartney was the most talented out of the 4. Led Zeppelin was/is better then the Beatles any day, IMO.

The beatles just came around at the right time.

I think the stones are the greatest rock n roll band ever but the beatles are the best band ever.

Nice way of looking at it.

Oi, all you lot leave The Crunge alone! I like it!

Anyway, I never really liked The Beatles much, but I been listening to Zeppelin and The Stones a lot recently and I prefer Zeppelin. I still like The Stones, but Zeppelin just does something else for me that I haven't had since I heard Slash's solo on SCOM for the first time.

Guest +*Michelle*+

No it depends on your taste of music. I like both bands, although I wouldn't go as far as to say they are THE best bands, not even close. Zeppelin get a bit boring after a while if you ask me..