Is Axl headed for a breakdown?

HisRoyalFatness

It's great to see Axl living it up again. He's staying out all night, boozing it up, enjoying splenda, fucking models, biting cops and shit (we'll forget about getting into a slap fight with a gay fashion designer). That's great. It's like the 80's again. With braids.

After having spent the better part of the last decade alone and depressed, I think it's probably very exciting for him. He's getting lots of love from his fans and apparently has no trouble finding models to replace The One Of Whom We Shall Never Speak. Even the media has been suprisingly good to him this comeback. He's got to feel vindicated after all the bullshit he's put himself through.

Does Axl think he's "fixed" himself? It's almost like he's trying really hard to make up for all the partying he missed during his years in Malibu exile. But is all this partying premature? He's still pretty mentally imbalanced - late shows, lamb, fights, bites, his paralyzing fear of coins - is anyone else worried that it's going to come crashing down?

Axl is Axl because he believes in himself without fail and refuses to consider anyone else's opinions (except maybe Beta's). While that was a great asset early in his career, it's become a real liability. This tour's been the best thing Axl's done in over a decade, so that gives me hope. But he just doesn't seem... I don't know... healthy to me. All the bling and models and stuff is like trying to convince himself that he's still on the top of the world.

He's yet to drop an album, a single or even a release date. To me, it seems like he's in full celebration mode. I'm just worried there's a lot more shit to come. It's going to be a real fight back here in the states. CD will have to fucking amazing to win over critics.

Axl's so far out there. Very tempermental. Takes everything personally. I'm just afraid that at any moment it could all crumble. I remember hearing about how Bumblefoot was warning fans outside the NYC shows not to say anything that could upset Axl because this whole thing was hanging by threads. Basically, it seems to me like Axl's acting like he's seen the worst of it and he's already come out on top. But the real shit hasn't even hit the fan yet.

I'm also worried about him "catching up" the partying he missed during 93-02- and 02-06-era.. He's like one of those kids who start drinking very late and then understand what they've missed and then go drink twice their body-weight.

"It's like the 80's again. With braids." - By the way, that's awesome :lol:

Edited by Wando

enjoying splenda
Sources?
Does Axl think he's "fixed" himself? It's almost like he's trying really hard to make up for all the partying he missed during his years in Malibu exile. But is all this partying premature? He's still pretty mentally imbalanced - late shows, lamb, fights, bites, his paralyzing fear of coins - is anyone else worried that it's going to come crashing down?
The lamb thing was just a bs rumour as Richard said in an email. And how would you feel if Id throw a coin at your face? <_<
Axl is Axl because he believes in himself without fail and refuses to consider anyone else's opinions (except maybe Beta's). While that was a great asset early in his career, it's become a real liability. This tour's been the best thing Axl's done in over a decade, so that gives me hope. But he just doesn't seem... I don't know... healthy to me. All the bling and models and stuff is like trying to convince himself that he's still on the top of the world.
That's just what you think in your small head.
He's yet to drop an album, a single or even a release date. To me, it seems like he's in full celebration mode. I'm just worried there's a lot more shit to come. It's going to be a real fight back here in the states. CD will have to fucking amazing to win over critics.

Axl's so far out there. Very tempermental. Takes everything personally. I'm just afraid that at any moment it could all crumble. I remember hearing about how Bumblefoot was warning fans outside the NYC shows not to say anything that could upset Axl because this whole thing was hanging by threads. Basically, it seems to me like Axl's acting like he's seen the worst of it and he's already come out on top. But the real shit hasn't even hit the fan yet.

I have never heard Bbf saying anything like that and unless Im totally wrong that's just your imagination and really Axl has been on a great mood the whole tour and tell me again what has he taken so personally that you have to mention it? Or do you mean by "very tempermental" that he gets angry when people threw objects at him? Well I bet that every single person with some self dignity would become angry.

And NO he isn't heading for a breakdown that is just your own way of creating useless buzz..

Really nice post... Well said...

I would agree with pretty much all but your last paragraph, but till then, it was really nice.

Axl's mood as of late seems to be very carefree and casual, for the most part.

A breakdown usually occur's when one's expectations are significantly undermet over and over again. I think Uncle Willy has had a lot of success, and is probably in a good place mentally. I bet he worries about how the world will react to teh release of CD, but he has said that it will alienate some people, so I think he is just excited to finally show the world his work.

The constant partying cant be good... its not really good for anyone! He should cut back some. I think this is the only real path he could follow to breakdown right now.

Captain Axl is a pretty resilliant guy, and I think he's in a great place now. I am really excited to see what happens in the next few months!

Edited by jah772

While the original post is technically not bashing, I would like to point out that it is made up of many elements that are assumptions and deductions (won't go through each one here).

It's great to see Axl again, the European tour is now completed and we have been promissed to see the album soon.

Tour exhaustion is common. Personally, I would bet on a bet on a bit of tour exhaustion rather than other theories, such as the one in the title of this thread. Mabye it would be a good idea to schedule one or two weeks off during US tour to let Axl, the rest of the band, and technical crew have a little well deserved break.

Having said that, I think everyone will agree that "Axl is Axl".

PS. There's nothing wrong with an artist having a little fun after concerts. :)

No offense please, but I think you´ve been very subjective here by assuming things you don´t even know and speculating about facts you don´t know. We don´t know what´s happening in the man´s life and we don´t know what he´s planning for the future. I just know that after so many years we´ve had a whole tour, awesome by the way, that he´s felt in a good mood on stage and that a lot of fans are fucking happy with this tour. There´s nothing wrong with partying after a concert, no matter the age of the artist and it has nothing to do with Axl believing himself on top of the world or not, it simply goes with the territory. He´s doing no different than other artists.

And as Eric said, maybe Axl´s illness has more to do with tour exhaustion, the dude is human and being on a tour has its highs and lows plus I don´t think he´s the only artist who has suffered something like this. Give the guy a break ;) .

I swear someone posted this exact same thread about a month ago... The title was almost exactly the same... I'm just too lazy to search for it, so go by my word. :)

Trust me, there have probably been plenty of threads like this one.

So, Axl has to leave two songs early from an entire tour, and he's headed for a breakdown? I'm sure you're waiting to pop the cork on the champagne bottle for when he breaks down. Unfortunately, it's not going to happen. Instead of pinpointing the US tour over and over and over and over and, oh yes, over again, realize the fact that this band has made tours because they feel revived.

We all know Axl has a temper, and if anyone threw anything at me onstage, I'd be pissed off too. You're there to enjoy the show, but not be a fucking retard about it. "Hey, I'm here to see the band I love, but I think I'll throw coins and bottles at Axl Rose to feel like a rebel and defend Slash in some kind of retarded fashion."

It's nice to see all the people predict they know all there is to know about the US tour. Any tard with a brain should know that one concert with great reviews is all it takes for people to get interested. Don't pull this "No one knows it's not the original band anymore.." bullshit. Honestly, if you don't know by now that Guns N' Roses does not have the members it did have, you're a complete moron, and that shows how big VR is.

There is way, way too much speculation in this forum anymore, like so many users on here thinking they know that Guns N' Roses is their own band and they are cult followers. I'll tell you what, if the US tour tanks horribly, then you can say, "I told you so." As of now, you don't know dick, and neither does anyone else.

Well never mind then. Thank you for answering all my questions.

I'm sure Axl will be relieved to hear it.

..i am sure too...

..thxxx very much for postin'...you spoke the truth..and the best: he knows it...

He, who?

God also known as W. Axl Rose ;)

I think Axl is more together now then back in the 80's.. and personally I think all those party, booze crap is made up by the media. The man goes out, likes to have a nice time, the media is there and needs a story on someone, so they see Axl and they start writing, writing stuff they dont see.. They turn a night of having a good time to something else. I try not to even listen to the media anymore. I like to hear both sides of the story before I believe anything. Anyway I dont think Axl wants to kill his body with drugs and acohol. I think hes been there done that.. Hes looking good and that to him is important.

Edited by sweetchildofmine62

everything is working very well out and Guns N' Roses are going to be bigger than... I don't know, as big as they used to. no GN'R tour can be finished without giving something nobody will forget! AFD tour: well, the music mostly, and a new band gaining the world. UYI tour: the music, gnr becoming the baddest band on earth, st. louis incident, riots and more. CD ('02) tour: well, Axl's comeback, new bandmates, unfinished tour. CD ('06) tour: all that you said.

GUNS N' ROSES are the 2 and a half words that this world may keep whatever happens to it and will never forget 'em.

Edited by Revolver

everything is working very well out and Guns N' Roses are going to be bigger than... I don't know, as big as they used to. no GN'R tour can be finished without giving something nobody will forget! AFD tour: well, the music mostly, and a new band gaining the world. USI tour: the music, gnr becoming the baddest band on earth, st. louis incident, riots and more. CD ('02) tour: well, Axl's comeback, new bandmates, unfinished tour. CD ('06) tour: all that you said.

GUNS N' ROSES are the 2 and a half words that this world may keep whatever happens to it and will never forget 'em.

My question is, will GNR be big again here in the USA? Since the tour cancelation in 2002 caused some riots, its maybe hard for the band to play in some cities, including my city of Philadelphia. I know a few radio djays that are not liking Axl Rose whatsoever. Hes really got a bad rap with some people here. Its going to be a have to prove myself tour with no cancelations, etc.

Edited by sweetchildofmine62