New Covers

wasted

I know everyone says No Covers.

But really I want to see what they would do. See where this band is at. What song do they jam with or what songs do they wanna introduce us to?

It's a cool thing to do.

You've got all these guys from different backgrounds surely there's something they listen to which they want to show us.

I dont really mean the record I just mean as an encore before PC. Like old GNR did Train Kept a Rollin. They could do something. I know the old band was classic rock so they could do everything like We Will Rock You or Mother. And doing a NIN cover might be horrible.

So...I don't know.

I guess it would be a surprise, a weird song out of left field.

It's actually really difficult to come up with anything.

Maybe just a few tunes of UYI? That would be fun for people.

As much as I absolutely love it when Guns N' Roses covers a song, I really think this album and if the come out with another should be just original material. I definitely would like to hear what this GN'R would do with covering tunes but at this point I'd rather have them devote all their musical time to original music. You know what I mean?

My favorite is the other night when Axl had to leave due to fake low blood pressure and Baz had to sing for him. That moment sums up everything that's wrong about the new band to me... Finck, Fortus, Bumblefoot, Dizzy, Pit(t)man, Stinson, some guy named Frank and Baz were Guns N' Roses for the night.

I'm amazed that Axlites can't see why that rubs GnR fans the wrong way.

Why dont you just... fuck off!? :heart:

And btw Izzy was on stage so..

fuck-off952_resized.jpg

I think axl woul like to cover a VR song :rofl-lol:

why now vr ben doing covers of the old gnr songs

That's funny. So has GnR these days.

My favorite is the other night when Axl had to leave due to fake low blood pressure and Baz had to sing for him. That moment sums up everything that's wrong about the new band to me... Finck, Fortus, Bumblefoot, Dizzy, Pit(t)man, Stinson, some guy named Frank and Baz were Guns N' Roses for the night.

That's stupid. Baz finished the show for Axl as a service to the fans. He did not perform the entire show. Regarding the rest of the band: From what I've heard of them on the demos, they've more than earned the name GN'R (except for Frank obviously).

Well keep in mind that almost all gn'r albums to date have 1 or more covers, then 1 + 1 = ????

I hope no covers either, but I susspect there may be

gunsguy

thats not really a very good argument, IMO

Considering we've seen 5 gnr albums, 3 of which have covers, one that doesn't, and one that is an all cover album

its not exactly a substantial number

and I don't think there is a chance of a cover being on CD

My favorite is the other night when Axl had to leave due to fake low blood pressure and Baz had to sing for him.

That's pretty weak, dude. As an argument and as a statement in general.

I'd like to see a new cover song live, but as said above, I don't think we'll see any covers on CD. CD may as well be a debut album considering the time spent on it and all the new members, and it's never really a good idea to have covers on a debut album.

Your post isn't quite accurate, as Axl DID perform the majority of the show. He missed what? Two songs? DERR

I don't really care if it was ten seconds, my point's the same.

"Guns N' Roses" was on stage, yet it had nothing to do with Guns N' Roses.

It's a little like the joke that Lynyrd Skynyrd has become.

And still Izzy was on stage so why dont you shove that head of yours back into your ass.

You said it yourself: That band was Guns N' Roses for the night. They are Guns N' Roses every night (minus Bach). Thanks for admitting it, though.

P.S. Forgetting Izzy was a swift move.

Considering we've seen 5 gnr albums, 3 of which have covers, one that doesn't, and one that is an all cover album

I don't either there's gonna be any cover on CD but the only GNR album without a cover song is AFD

Lies: Nice Boys

UYI1: Live and Let die

UYI2: Knocking on heavens doors

Spaghetti...

You said it yourself: That band was Guns N' Roses for the night. They are Guns N' Roses every night (minus Bach). Thanks for admitting it, though.

P.S. Forgetting Izzy was a swift move.

I love how Axlites try to pretend Izzy's part of the band. He plays a few songs with them everyone in a while. If Izzy's in GnR than so is Baz. Shit, Kid Rock too. And I guess Izzy's in Velvet Revolver too.

I love how Slashites talk about things they aren't even informed about and have no fucking clue about. Izzy was touring with the band for a month and a half out of the 2 month tour. He was going on stage every night on the UK leg and many many other shows compared to the few he playd with VR or adler. Theres pics of him hanging out with the band and he has been jamming with them and even writing with them.

as for the night with baz on PC, Izzy was on stage then too. Baz did a noble thing for his friend Axl by finishing the show. If it rubs you the wrong way as a "gnr fan" then you are probably not a real GNR fan, just some guy who used to like GNR and can't accept the fact that things have changed. Maybe you would be happier posting on a board about a band you do like.

I don't either there's gonna be any cover on CD but the only GNR album without a cover song is AFD

Lies: Nice Boys

UYI1: Live and Let die

UYI2: Knocking on heavens doors

Spaghetti...

mama kin is a cover too, can't forget it