Best GNR moment

November_rain

Ok, I don´t want a comparison of the different boots or gigs of this european tour. Just, I was thinking that now that so many of us had the amazing chance to see GNR live,it would be cool to point out some moments in this tour that you consider special.

For me it was the fact that they got to play in my hometown but also when Izzy came on stage. How cool was that :heart:

What are yours?

axlizzyelejidoos8.jpg

Edited by November_rain

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My personal highlight was seeing Robin live. He is my favourite performer at the moment, just amazing to watch.

Other notable moments were Ron Thal finishing YCBM so brilliantly at Donnington when Axl had a moment and also Tommy and Axl's embrace and Axl's reaction to it. The one where Axl told the crowd they had no idea what it meant to him.

My favourite moments were the Don't Cry solo by Bumblefoot and the whole interaction in Knockin' On Heaven's Door at Rio, from the "how far are we going back?" to the final scream, which was the point where it clicked in me, like "hey, the guy still has it!". It was defining.

when the lights went down on May 17th at the Hammerstein, the first member I saw was Robin and then Tommy, and then there was Axl, "YOU KNOW WHERE THE FUCK YOU ARE"

A few songs later he brought out Izzy and that was the first time Izzy playd in Guns since 1993. Being there to witness that was priceless.

The Best GNR moment ever, in all history, is the first scream Axl did at RIRIII for Welcome to the Jungle. Beneath that amazing scream, Axl was saying "I'M FUCKING BACK!"

One of the best moments in this tour for me was Dizzys piano solo at Wembley 30th. Was pretty fucking amazing. IRS was cool at Hammersmith too.

Edited by Max™

when the lights went down on May 17th at the Hammerstein, the first member I saw was Robin and then Tommy, and then there was Axl, "YOU KNOW WHERE THE FUCK YOU ARE"

A few songs later he brought out Izzy and that was the first time Izzy playd in Guns since 1993. Being there to witness that was priceless.

I was there and I totally agree.

Personal highlights:

The intro at wembley on the 30th.

The opening chords of WTTJ.

Mr brownstone

Knockin On Heavens Door middle 8, when axl screamed his heart out.

Seeing Fortus live

Izzy appearing

Hearing izzy sing You Gotta Move

Patience

Seeing fortus and izzy share a microphone

misc highlights:

Buckethead leaving

Personally i thinks its the idea of being soooo close to the band that you've been waiting ages to see for yourself. and the fact that you just cant be let down. well i cant... i must say that when izzy came on i was was like "yeh" and for old times sake i think it was amazing. thw best bit for me just had to be being feet away from Axl and seeing every single last bit of effot and concentration go ito the music. AMAZING! :wub:

My hightlight was just getting to see the band ...plus izzy!!!! I am 14 and obviously didnt get to see them in their golden age and in 2002 i wasnt a big fan like i am now. but i got to see them on may 17th..my birthday in NYC. That was just unbelievable!!

Guest cherry_bomb
Opening scream at Hammersmith , chilled my blood rock3

gotta agree with the doctor here! rock3 it gives me goosebumps just to think about it. truly amazing!!

i have a few -

hammersmith - the opening chords to WTTJ and seeing robin appear right infront of me, i was so taken back by his presence.

-then seeing axl walk on stage and scream! it was like i had been waiting all my fucking life to see that in the flesh!! and it was 100 times better than i had ever imagined it to be.

-being front row, had advantages. robin coming out along the barrier and ...u know the story :rolleyes:

download - seeing mr izzy fucking stradlin walk on stage!! it changed the whole show. axl seemed so much happier after izzy came on stage, cos before that he was not a happy bunny. they looked so happy together, just a really significant thing for a gnr fan to behold.

wembley 29th - watching robin crowd surf was awesome! he just adds so much to the show. totally enigmatic and amazing to watch.

- axl singing 'we are sailing' with izzy, was breath taking. his vocals on that are fucking perfect.

and finally....the acoustic show afterwards :wub: what wasnt significant about that night?!! acosutic IRS, we are sailing, WTTJ, youre crazy...no words! the whole night made my fucking life!

Guest cherry_bomb
I think we all share the thoughts of Cherry, at least all of us lucky to have been part of the very successful UK/Europe tour, it changed or affected our lives forever and we thank this kick ass band for great moments that we will take to the grave.

Wheres the sig quote from Cherry?

yep, this tour in the UK has made my summer so phenominal, had the most fun ever. but dammit ive got a taste for it now and am going to drastic measures like getting a job to fund a trip to america to see them rock3

the quote is from the HTGTH interview with tommy :laugh: traitor i be

I think we all share the thoughts of Cherry, at least all of us lucky to have been part of the very successful UK/Europe tour, it changed or affected our lives forever and we thank this kick ass band for great moments that we will take to the grave.

Wheres the sig quote from Cherry?

yep, this tour in the UK has made my summer so phenominal, had the most fun ever. but dammit ive got a taste for it now and am going to drastic measures like getting a job to fund a trip to america to see them rock3

the quote is from the HTGTH interview with tommy :laugh: traitor i be

:lol: OMFG Cherry,you´re the bomb! You consider getting a job as drastic measures? :lol: I´m speechless.

I agree with you,seeing Axl on stage was very special too. It was a moment you think you´re never going to see and then when you are there and live that you can´t believe it!

Seeing your idol live is priceless! :heart:

Edited by November_rain

- The opening notes of WTTJ at the Hammersmith. First time I'd seen them, I was pumped, it was mad in the mosh pit. Just amazing.

- SCOM at Manchester. I was with my girlfriend, who was also going nuts. Amazing to share that song with her like that live. It's the anthem to my relationship. :)

This tour really was the highlight of my life, though.

Edited by Slash's Appetite

• 1 month later...

Opening scream in Welcome To The Jungle.

Blew me away everytime....

Nothing else to add :)

Oh yes, that did it for me too especially at Hammersmith, but even though I knew it was coming at B'ham and Wembley it was still spine chilling. I still can't believe it actually happened this year after waiting so long for them to come back. It was real wasn't it? :unsure: