Best GNR moment

November_rain

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I met my future wife at the last UYI tour concert in Argentina. We both rocked out to Paradise City and went back to her place and....well... you know... :P:wub:

As for my recent best GnR moment, It would have to be Izzy returning for the tour and Ron playing 'Dont Cry'. These moments definately brought a tear to my eye.

Edited by Charles Manson

Some of my best moments:

The first oppening riffs in The Jungle at the Roskilde festival - being almost an hour late (no I wasn't worried :P ) knowing - this is it - and then realising, that he really was back and the band could definatly rock the shit out of my pants rock3

Then is Oslo - Oh my god - this was even better! Hearing more new songs, Axl being even closer, watching his sweat running down his arms... The band being loud and chearfull - and Fuckin' Izzy was there :o

But one thing I will never forget was meeting Stinson, Thal, Finck and Fortus in Oslo airport :shocked: Ron playing Rocket Queen for me, and the rest being so god damn cool :shades: Everytime someone ask about the meeting, it still makes me shiver - so fuckin' great :wub:

Anne

Edited by Hejanne

30th July 2006 Wembley Arena: When the lights dropped and the spots started and we all started buzzing then the music and the pyratechnics, the feeling in the whole Arena was electric Guns N Roses were here!!

Hearing Axl whistle the intro to Patience, gave me goosebumps.

Merec saying that Axl's looking forward to seeing us next year!

31st August 1991 Wembley Stadium: When Axl ran down to the end of the stage and we had the best view of him in his sexy lycra shorts, he then stood there and sang for quite a while! (night train)

Axl doing November Rain on the piano, for us this was the first time we'd heard the song and seen him on the piano, it was so different it was cool.

Axl saying he wouldn't wipe his fucking ass on Kerrang!

Loved both concerts so very hard to have any favourite bits but have tried to chose the ultimate ones!!

Jo

Oh of course, seeing sweet child of mine live, especially with Slash doing his brilliant bit on the guitar, still makes me shiver!

Edited by BarmyBritJo

Hammersmith Apollo. My first GN'R show. I've been waiting for the best part of 3hrs, I was stupidly excited, very drunk.

Lights go out.

Opening notes to WTTJ start up.

'DO YOU KNOW WHERE THE FUCK YOU AREEEE?!?!?!?'

I've never screamed or jumped harder in my life. It was just the most amazing thing ever. Honestly, I think I was near tears. I don't care how sad that sounds.

I've never screamed or jumped harder in my life. It was just the most amazing thing ever. Honestly, I think I was near tears. I don't care how sad that sounds.

Doesn't sound sad at all to me! I felt the exact same way at the Warfield in SF on September 21st when the opening chords started. It's like "It's really happening..." And once Axl walked out, (I'm feeling all the nervous anticipation right now) I couldn't stop screaming, but at the same time it felt hard to breathe. Definitely a surreal moment.

Other moments from that night:

- Singing and dancing to every song. You gotta love concerts where you're up the whole time.

- Being on the edge of my seat when Axl had the band stop Sweet Child O' Mine to kick the guy out. And of course, being part of the King Dick moment was priceless. I finally get to say I was there during a classic Axl moment! And it really showed me the tightness of the band when they started up again like nothing had happened. I was sold on the new lineup right then.

- Whistling along with Axl during the beginning of Patience.

- While the instrumental part of Patience was ending, I looked down at Axl with my minocular. He had his arms in the air, and I noticed him looking up. While I still had my minocular out, I saw him break into this huge smile. Now I have no idea if he was really looking up in the section my seat was in, but it's always fun to indulge that thought. :wub:

- "It's a song about love, which spelled backwards is EVOL." - Axl. :rofl-lol:

- Paradise City. It's something every GNR fan needs to be a part of. The pyros and the confetti explosions are perfect.

- Axl turning all fatherly at the end of the show. "Have a safe drive home and be good to each other."

Doesn't sound sad at all to me! I felt the exact same way at the Warfield in SF on September 21st when the opening chords started. It's like "It's really happening..." And once Axl walked out, (I'm feeling all the nervous anticipation right now) I couldn't stop screaming, but at the same time it felt hard to breathe. Definitely a surreal moment.

- Singing and dancing to every song. You gotta love concerts where you're up the whole time.

- Being on the edge of my seat when Axl had the band stop Sweet Child O' Mine to kick the guy out. And of course, being part of the King Dick moment was priceless. I finally get to say I was there during a classic Axl moment! And it really showed me the tightness of the band when they started up again like nothing had happened. I was sold on the new lineup right then.

- While the instrumental part of Patience was ending, I looked down at Axl with my minocular. He had his arms in the air, and I noticed him looking up. While I still had my minocular out, I saw him break into this huge smile. Now I have no idea if he was really looking up in the section my seat was in, but it's always fun to indulge that thought. :wub:

- Paradise City. It's something every GNR fan needs to be a part of. The pyros and the confetti explosions are perfect.

- Axl turning all fatherly at the end of the show. "Have a safe drive home and be good to each other."

awsome the closet i come to that was a tribute band <_<

Being stood in the Hammersmith Apollo with some of my best friends in the whole wide world and knowing it was about to happen, but not quite believing it. It was like a fuckin explosion inside of my body waiting to go off! Then the opening WTTJ riff and scream............ the complete euphoric release of tension was amazing. I felt like I was glued to the floor in a state of shock (even though I was actually jumping around insanely with my arms round my friends!). Perfect show.

Download Festival!!! Again, being stood with my best mates and eagerly awaitng the bands arrival. Hearing the intro riff again. Seeing angry Axl was like a dream come true - after seeing him play Hammersmith perfectly it was a childhood dream to see him storm off stage a few times. The atmosphere was so tense and then Ron coming out and saving the day with Don't Cry - that cemented his place in the band for me. Izzy Fuckin Stradlin!!! I remember Izzy coming on and just looking around at the group I was with and we all had huge grins on our faces, and I had shivers going up my spine.

From the start of Hammersmith, to the closing of Paradise City at Download was just a fuckin rollercoaster and I was able to share it with some great friends which made it even better.

I would say London Docklands in 2002 and hearing the intro riff there...... but I actually can't remember. The one thing that stood out for me in 2002 was how awesome Buckethead was.

Wow, I can say I basically felt the same way you did. Except I am guy, and I'm 15. Hell, I even lost my voice, I sang every song. At one point, I was standing on these two chairs and I like to think that Axl actually looked at me, which I think he did.

Wow, I can say I basically felt the same way you did. Except I am guy, and I'm 15. Hell, I even lost my voice, I sang every song. At one point, I was standing on these two chairs and I like to think that Axl actually looked at me, which I think he did.

Awesome, I didn't know you went the second night. (Only read about you going to the first) I actually appreciated all the solos during the show because I was so worn out at points. And isn't it fun that Axl most likely saw us? I WAS hanging the GNR flag down from the balcony, so it's logical. :D

And now a couple more highlights:

- Ron playing part of Eruption! That was awesome, and my dad was all "HE'S PLAYING ERUPTION!!!"

- Axl dancing back to back with (I think) Tommy or Richard during one of the jams. It was cute because he looked like he was having such a great time.

Awesome, I didn't know you went the second night. (Only read about you going to the first) I actually appreciated all the solos during the show because I was so worn out at points. And isn't it fun that Axl most likely saw us? I WAS hanging the GNR flag down from the balcony, so it's logical. :D

And now a couple more highlights:

- Ron playing part of Eruption! That was awesome, and my dad was all "HE'S PLAYING ERUPTION!!!"

- Axl dancing back to back with (I think) Tommy or Richard during one of the jams. It was cute because he looked like he was having such a great time.

I love you?

Simply the fact of attending two gigs for the first time in my life was special. I had imagined how it would be to go to a GNR concert, I had dreamed so many times with it but believing deep inside it would never happen...that when it finally happened I felt like I wasn´t there. I couldn´t believe my teenage dream had become true, I enjoyed every minute, every song...it was something I´ll never forget and hopefully, I´ll be lucky enough to see GNR again this year. :heart:

my favourite gnr moment was coming mygnrforums and seeing the headline " GUNS N ROSES ANNOUNCE CHINESE DEMOCRACY.............NORTH AMERICAN TOUR"

i still felt a small mental orgasm as i would feel when they actually do announce the album!

LOL :o

A mentel orgasm :lol:

Well the music of course but hell everyone knows that so i'd have to go for the quirks.

-At Download when he just went off on one about the moon.

'You know, if we were in Dublin we'd see that same moon'

'are you shittin me?'

'No my manager told me that!'

'You shittin me?'

(singing) 'If you shit me now..." crowd-you take away the greatest part of me

Now that was just random

- At Nottingham when he danced on top of the piano as Dizzy played.

-Izzy Stradlin of course. Axl's intro for him at Download, telling us he'd got a little surprise for us.