Best GNR moment

November_rain

-Izzy Stradlin of course. Axl's intro for him at Download, telling us he'd got a little surprise for us.

I remember looking at Cherry and grinning when Axl said that - and then the fucking rush of excitement when he actually walked on - immense!!!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It started early in the morning. Getting in the car with some friends and headding for Oslo. First GNR gig ever(for me) We drove none stop for 7 hours and we arrived early. (ofcourse) and we sat down and had something to eat. We got to the show early, just as they opened the doors. We got good "seats" and was waiting and waiting for hours. Hour after hour we saw little acivitiy on stage. Onlyn was Bullit for my Valentine going on stage and ruining the mood for everyone. They everyone cheared when they went off and the waiting continued.

Then, after about 4 hours waiting. the magical sound of the opening riff to jungle. I screamed and jumped like a escaped mental patience. A girl looked at me and I was like, WELL FUCK YEAH!!! And so was she. that was a brilliant night. We drove home after the show. A 24hour Guns FEST!

:wub::wub::wub:

Guest cherry_bomb

-Izzy Stradlin of course. Axl's intro for him at Download, telling us he'd got a little surprise for us.

I remember looking at Cherry and grinning when Axl said that - and then the fucking rush of excitement when he actually walked on - immense!!!

no one really got it tho, axl said "thinkaboutu" like really fast, u couldnt quite hear him; i was like IZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!! ahhh it was so magical, a pivital moment in any gnr fans book.

My favourite GnR moment was seeing them at the Leeds festival 2002, the whole fucking crowd was so into the set even tho they turned up soo fuckin late, all them people just singing along, it was really special, unlike download 06 where the metallica lovin shit stabbin cunts just ruined it, started so many fights that night.

It started early in the morning. Getting in the car with some friends and headding for Oslo. First GNR gig ever(for me) We drove none stop for 7 hours and we arrived early. (ofcourse) and we sat down and had something to eat. We got to the show early, just as they opened the doors. We got good "seats" and was waiting and waiting for hours. Hour after hour we saw little acivitiy on stage. Onlyn was Bullit for my Valentine going on stage and ruining the mood for everyone. They everyone cheared when they went off and the waiting continued.

Then, after about 4 hours waiting. the magical sound of the opening riff to jungle. I screamed and jumped like a escaped mental patience. A girl looked at me and I was like, WELL FUCK YEAH!!! And so was she. that was a brilliant night. We drove home after the show. A 24hour Guns FEST!

u drove home?

No beer??WTF

u drove home?

No beer??WTF

I didn't drive ;)

Well, it isn't as cool as the thing with Axl I wrote before, but: :P

Finding out, that the picture of Richard Fortus I took at the GN'R concert in Zurich can be found on his oficial homepage. rock2

Edited by Iceman24

Oh well, when during "patience" i catched ron's eye and we both sang along and he started to smile and nod haha. that was funny and cool. when i got to touch ron's guitar as well.

when Axl first stepped on to the stage in my first show and shouted 'do you know where the fuck you are!!!?'. i was barely, taken aback by the man's legend.

Also the feeling that nothing else exists during each gig is memorable and one of the finest.

Edited by zara mama