MTV VMAs...

mynameisjonas

I was in the village in NYC and saw a poster that said all will be revealed august 31

with a picture of Axl from the 2002 vma's next time I'm down there I will try to get a picture.

Source: http://www.chinesedemocracy.com/viewtopic.php?t=17713

-----

We'll see. Any New Yorkers, keep your eyes peeled.

Don't forget:

Mysteron a few days ago-- "All will be revealed soon"

Poster today- "All will be revealed August 31st."

Edited by jack99

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the album really is coming out this year it would be almost illogical for the band to pass up a show as big as the VMA's. Therefore I tend to believe this rumour. Simple as that.

But yeah, a pic would be nice. :P

People are always quick to call stuff bullshit - but one day, one of these things will be true :drevil:

R.

I have to say..... your soo right about that man :shades:

Im just gonna wait and see... what else can we do ;)

Didn't we get an official "No" from somewhere?

just rings a few bells...

Ron said he didn't know if they were playing at the VMA's and it was probably just a rumour. Doesn't mean they aren't playing at the awards though ;)

Didn't we get an official "No" from somewhere?

just rings a few bells...

I think maybe Fortus said no. You're right though, somebody in the band said definitely not.

I don't put a lot of stock into that though. It's not like they are going to spill the beans early. And even if they said no a couple of weeks ago maybe that was the situation at the time, and things could change. So, it's not necessarily a lie if they say no and then it ends up happening.

Another thing to watch for is that GN'R may not perform at the VMAs, but they may make an announcement/advertisement during the show. Show clips of the 2006 tour, then announce a date for the first single. That would work as well. You avoid any possible fuck ups that a performance could bring, and instead you can pick and choose the best quality audio/video that the band has of the 2006 tour.

So they would advertise an advert? :confused:

Why not just fecking give the single to the radio stations and slut themselves round them like normal bands do?

Because G&R are NOT a "normal band" ... In a lot of aspects, actually... :xmasssanta:

M.

So they would advertise an advert? :confused:

Why not just fecking give the single to the radio stations and slut themselves round them like normal bands do?

Because a killer ad would generate lots of hype for the eventual release of the first video, which btw would also be aired on MTV. It could even be like a five minute promo that actually goes into a bit of detail about the album's history. Something like the promo for the new Meatloaf Bat Out of Hell album.

Edited by KBear

This MIGHT be true.

In the new issue of Blender magazine (with Paris Hilton on the cover) there is indeed a full page ad for the VMAs (showing the moonman statue though) with a huge puple box over it and the phrase ALL WILL BE REVEALED.

So if this guy is lying, he's half right anyway.

This MIGHT be true.

In the new issue of Blender magazine (with Paris Hilton on the cover) there is indeed a full page ad for the VMAs (showing the moonman statue though) with a huge puple box over it and the phrase ALL WILL BE REVEALED.

So if this guy is lying, he's half right anyway.

Lets hope so.. :)

But since this is the GNR world never get your hopes too high ;)

Where in the Village is it? I haven't seen anything? If it was real, surely there would be more than one.

Yea where exactly, I am passing down that way later and want to see this supposed thing...

can you take a pic as well please

Where in the Village is it? I haven't seen anything? If it was real, surely there would be more than one.

You're in NY? Well, here's a question. What in hell are you doing online asking questions? Go out there and bring us back the pic. Search high and low. Don't come back until you've either got the pic or died from neglecting the need to drink, sleep, or relieve yourself while searching for it. Where are your priorities man? That goes for all you other New Yorkers as well.

:lol:;)

Edited by KBear