MTV VMAs...

mynameisjonas

wow im not sure if u notice this axl did the same thing in 2002. he played at the vmas back at 2002 and tour untill the philly show which never happen. hmmmmmmmmm i think hes been planing this since 2002. i hope this all turns out to be true.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the date. So it is August 31. And the shows that are thus far announced are two weeks later. Seems like it all has too perfect of timing to me, for them not to be a part of that show in some fashion. Honestly.

Its genius. Step 1, announce album release date on national television.

Step 2, tour to hype album.

Step 3, release album and proceed to conquer universe.

I agree. It's all set up so perfectly. It would be a shame if they don't appear at the VMA's. But i think thats only the best case scenario. it would be nice for them just to play a song.

But I believe in miracles and but even more in marketing genius'.

Rock ON

Tbizzle

Maybe it will be like the 1991 VMAS where the band wasn't there in body, but was shown in the form of an aired concert performance during the show. Maybe instead of the band actually performing MTV will air a broadcast of them performing a song or two from the tour as a performance.

Maybe it will be like the 1991 VMAS where the band wasn't there in body, but was shown in the form of an aired concert performance during the show. Maybe instead of the band actually performing MTV will air a broadcast of them performing a song or two from the tour as a performance.

i dont think axl would want that.

Whether this "all will be revealed" stuff is GN'R related or not, we do have people claiming to have seen posters for the show with Axl on them and commercials with a second or so of GN'R in them.

Shit is gonna go down in a big way, methinks.

Wait, was the 02 VMAs a surprise or something? I ask this because its like we're predicting a surprise performance or something... right? If they were playing the VMAs we would know by now

Yes, it was a surprise.

A few said that GnR would be there before the show, but it was not common knowledge.

In fact, I only knew to watch because I live in AK and it aired later than in the rest of the states, so my fellow MyGnR forumers informed me that I needed to watch.

Wait, was the 02 VMAs a surprise or something? I ask this because its like we're predicting a surprise performance or something... right? If they were playing the VMAs we would know by now

Yes, it was a surprise.

A few said that GnR would be there before the show, but it was not common knowledge.

In fact, I only knew to watch because I live in AK and it aired later than in the rest of the states, so my fellow MyGnR forumers informed me that I needed to watch.

Wow, I never knew that... I got into GNR after 02 so I wouldnt have known, but thats nuts.

Whether this "all will be revealed" stuff is GN'R related or not, we do have people claiming to have seen posters for the show with Axl on them and commercials with a second or so of GN'R in them.

the guy who said he saw a poster with axl must have been lieng.

the guy who said he saw a poster with axl must have been lieng.

Absolutely-we would have a photo by now if it were real. GN'R fans are persistent if not obsessive and would never give in til they found the poster.