VMA's in overall

New Rose

I always watch the VMA's, but this year it was really, really low. Last year was pretty ok, not the best of course but it was ok. This year was just shit.

Jack Black was good imo, but no one seemed to get his jokes.

In overall it left me a feeling that nobody really tried to make this show a show.

I always watch the VMA's, but this year it was really, really low. Last year was pretty ok, not the best of course but it was ok. This year was just shit.

Jack Black was good imo, but no one seemed to get his jokes.

In overall it left me a feeling that nobody really tried to make this show a show.

yeah, Jack white kinda looked embarassed when Jack Black was like "We should start a band!"

i was hoping White would be likc "fuck you." :P

TW@

The VMAs reminded me why Hip-Hop is on top with the mainstream... just look and listen to the "rock" bands that performed there, its pathetic.

And all I saw was from where Axl came in and did his thing to the end of the post show, I got home just in time.

Edited by sweetness

They were horrible and they get worse each year it seems. I genuinely had trouble staying awake and I'm a night person. Besides seeing Axl for 2 seconds, there was nothing redeeming about the show at all.

Edited by bax

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

The VMAs reminded me why Hip-Hop is on top with the mainstream... just look and listen to the "rock" bands that performed there, its pathetic.

Agreed.

When you think of the different genres MTV covers and promotes, it's disturbing the amount of hip-hop, rap, etc that this event covers..

Sad really.

UK SUBS.

That's because Rap is better than Rock now.

Agreed.

When you think of the different genres MTV covers and promotes, it's disturbing the amount of hip-hop, rap, etc that this event covers..

Sad really.

UK SUBS.

But its not only that, the few bands MTV recognizes as "rock" bands are emo or pop-rock bands. There are some good new bands out there that play good hard rock music but MTV ignores them.

I saw a few of the interviews with some of these bands at the VMA's and Im thinking "People see these musicians as ROCKSTARS"... and its true. Bald people with thick rimmed glasses and guys wearing eye shadow with woman hair are the mainstream rockstars of today, thanks to fucking MTV <_<

It really is a shame, hopefuly a Guns N' Roses of our time can come out and put an end to this shit, bring back the guitar solo and the bad ass edge to Rock N' Roll. This will sound lame, but its my dream to be a part of that.

This is true as far as mainstream artists go. The underground rock scene and some bands that dont get on MTV all that much are a different story.

Edited by sweetness

Agreed.

Sad really.

UK SUBS.

...and thats both an opinion AND subjective.

UK SUBS.

In terms of the mainstream, Rap is far better. Coheed And Cambria are the best mainstream Rock band, or Velvet Revolver if you can count them. Rap is really creative right now, Outkast and Pharrell Williams are the greatest innovators in music.

Agreed.

Sad really.

UK SUBS.

UK SUBS.

You are right of course, but if you listen just about any mainstream rock band you will realize that rappers are definitely pushing the boundaries of music further than the rockers.

Agreed.

Sad really.

UK SUBS.

UK SUBS.

You are right of course, but if you listen just about any mainstream rock band you will realize that rappers are definitely pushing the boundaries of music further than the rockers.

As somebody with absolutely no taste for hip hop, I agree. Mainstream rock is at an all time low.

Agreed.

Sad really.

UK SUBS.

UK SUBS.

In terms of the mainstream, Rap is far better. Coheed And Cambria are the best mainstream Rock band, or Velvet Revolver if you can count them. Rap is really creative right now, Outkast and Pharrell Williams are the greatest innovators in music.

Buckcherry?

Agreed.

Sad really.

UK SUBS.

UK SUBS.

Buckcherry?

A joke, whether you like them or not.

Agreed.

Sad really.

UK SUBS.

UK SUBS.

I don't think anyone would generally count VR in the "best-of rock" category.

There's a lot of great rock out there right now. The only reason you don't hear is it because it's under the mainstream radar.

Mainstream rock sucks. Coheed and Cambria should be executed and put on public display on London Bridge.

Coheed are great, and I don't even like most of the music they could be compared to. If that's you then I'm disappointed. Oh well, we are all opinionated.

But in that case, you enhance my argument.

Panic! At the Disco was just awful. All American Rejects was... pretty bad.

Christina redeemed the show for me. J.T. was cool. Sexyback is a solid dance track, I don't see why you people are treating it like a boyband song played on a loop.

Buckcherry?

Fabricated wannabes

So not true. They worked hard on the rap-dominated L.A. club scene for four years before getting a record deal, they're just as fucking real as Guns N' Roses or Metallica or anybody else that had to go through that shit.

They're not as good, but they're real. "Crazy Bitch" is rubbish, and you seem to be judging them just by that.

I am pretty disappointed because of the fact that Gnarls Barkely didn't win anything...

and the emo dudes with questionable hair...yusch.. :vomit:

In the rap genre its only Gnarls and Outkast thats fun to listen too, the rest gets so damn crappy boring.

Worthless attempts to rockbands :vomit:

Black was cool, and the Racounteurs made a good job.

Cool with Gibbons.

Horrible show.

If had a dollar for everytime someone said "Make some noise", I'd probably have about $53 bucks.

EDIT- 1 positive note, Fergie looked great. I say, more Fergie, less Black Eyed Peas.

Edited by JONEZY

It was very awful show and I fell asleep every other minute. Jack Black was quite funny and it was nice to see Axl but after waiting all night from 3 am to 6 am it wasn't enough to get back those wasted hours.

It was nice when they catch those who didn't win on camera and see the disappointment.

Best expression was on Wyclef's face when they filmed him after the Pussyeat Dolls won some best dance award where Shakira was also nominated.

Other than that, it was utter shit and I hate myself for watching it. :no:

I agree too much hip-hop. I've moved to Vancouver now and there's far too many hip-hop clubs. I'm starting to really hate hip-hop, well only the mainstream hip-hop.

Jack Black was class, I love that guy.

Rock music needs more danger, it's getting boring.