Rest of tour starting around Oct. 24th?

JungleCat

yeah he said they are playing shows before that as in the ones that we know of now. That is most liely your reason why they stopped announcing shows(not because of poor ticket sales). This isn't part of the official tour, it's just kind of a warm up thing to ease back into the arenas an us crowds, etc....

Why are they warming up one month before the tour?

And its not like they don't know the songs, they've just done what? 40 shows?

california hasn't gotten a GNR show in like 15 years dude. Its nice that they covered all of Europe, but American crowds need to see this band. Besides, this band is getting tighter and tighter with every performance. I for one am pumped.

california hasn't gotten a GNR show in like 15 years dude. Its nice that they covered all of Europe, but American crowds need to see this band. Besides, this band is getting tighter and tighter with every performance. I for one am pumped.

I totally agree, and will be seeing them myself. I just don't get the fact that they start a tour with the dates we know, then take a whole month before doing more shows

Maybe Axl wants to show American promoters that he can actually show up for shows. I think these shows are there for a purpose, not a warmup (who does like 8 warmups shows?) they are probably something to spurn US promotion, or get some US hype going before the actual tour kicks off, that, and to show US promoters (like ClearChannel, who books major arenas in the USA) that Axl isnt the same guy he was in 2002 when he bails on every other show.

One would hope that inbetween the gigs announced to date and the 24th October, GNR will do something.

Potentially release a radio single, something like that. They they will release the details of the shows starting October 24th, which will be under a specific name, i.e "Guns n' Roses - Chinese Democracy 06/07 World Tour".

During this first American leg they play a few more songs from CD and it drops. They follow that with the South American leg of the world tour in January before moving to Australasia, Asia and finally Europe in time for summer!

Ba-da-bing...

(Am I being unrealistic here? Will the US dates end with no new information?)

I cannot wait to see your response on here after you've seen them live AD because having seen them live twice this year i can easily say i've never had the feeling i got when they first hit the stage. You will find it beyond amazing dude.

One would hope that inbetween the gigs announced to date and the 24th October, GNR will do something.

Potentially release a radio single, something like that. They they will release the details of the shows starting October 24th, which will be under a specific name, i.e "Guns n' Roses - Chinese Democracy 06/07 World Tour".

During this first American leg they play a few more songs from CD and it drops. They follow that with the South American leg of the world tour in January before moving to Australasia, Asia and finally Europe in time for summer!

Ba-da-bing...

(Am I being unrealistic here? Will the US dates end with no new information?)

I think you're about right. If Oct 24th is the day the tour starts, they are going to do it on the back of a new single. New single in mid October. Album in early or mid November. It fits. I can't believe they would kick off the offical tour and not have a new single. And if they do have a new single then the album has to follow weeks later.

Just one question, where is Australasia? :P

Maybe Axl wants to show American promoters that he can actually show up for shows. I think these shows are there for a purpose, not a warmup (who does like 8 warmups shows?) they are probably something to spurn US promotion, or get some US hype going before the actual tour kicks off, that, and to show US promoters (like ClearChannel, who books major arenas in the USA) that Axl isnt the same guy he was in 2002 when he bails on every other show.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I think it will really help hype the tour if these shows all go as planned. Can't wait for them to come to my area again even though I already saw them in New York.

Tbizzle

I cannot wait to see your response on here after you've seen them live AD because having seen them live twice this year i can easily say i've never had the feeling i got when they first hit the stage. You will find it beyond amazing dude.

beyond amazing indeed :) I was at the Hammerstein on May 17, and I also caught the band on the 2002 tour.

I hope they come to Az, that would be awesome, I'd kill to see GNR live, it would definitely be the highlight of this year, next to Chinese Democracy's release if they release it, of course

also, Almost Famous, your sig is awesome, thats the funniest thing I've seen in days, and I work at Chuck E Cheese's, so I see lots of funny shit, dude, thats just awesomeness right there, is what that sig is