myspace from ron

bass71player

i got to see bbf perform a few weeks back in brooklyn and i sent him a thank you note (see below) and this is what he wrote back... i know everyone already knows he's a nice guy - i just thought i'd share this too

Hey, thank YOU guys for coming out to the show! Was great to meet ya's! :) Regards to everyone at the shop, and a big hug to the owner's ill friend for me. Hope to see y'all soon!! :D

bbf

<< I got to meet you with a few buddies after your gig at Southpaw last week - we were the dudes from Guitar Asylum (the Vigier dealer). Anyway, I just wanted to take a second to thank you for the autograph and for being so cool. One of the owners has a friend who's very ill and because of that he wasn't able to come out to the show. We made a nice little collage of the setlist you signed and a few pics and cd covers and framed it. He was having a rough few days, and when we gave it to him for the store he was very appreciative; it really made his day and ours. I know you get a million myspace messages a day, so I won't take offense if you take a break from responding for this one - I know it kills your hands. I just wanted to thank you and tell you to keep doing your thing.

Thanks Again,

DJ

PS - Guitars Still Suck is just awesome and SCOM was brilliant.

so I guess he's here to stay.

I think he is, but how did you get that from this message?

probably cause he's getting really good reaction from fans, which is what Axl would want for the new album and more touring, if it was like a Buckethead thing, where everyone saw it as a freakshow, it may not be a good standing with fans, with BBF, people are gonna see nice guys with GNR and gonna wanna support guys like BBF for not being douchebag famous people who don't care about their fans, like some other famous people were *cough* Kurt No-Brain *cough*, cause Ron shows that GNR care for their fans, not the cash cow

Ron Thal is just appreciative of what luck he has had in his life. When people appreciate him he is kind enough to reciprocate it. It's called respect really. You've gotta love Ron and I hope he stays in GNR till the end now.

But to be fair to the rest of the band, both past and present, the only a$$hole is Axl at times. All the current members plus the likes of Gilby and Slash who I've met in person in England were always very approachable and nice, even towards what was at the time a drunken teenager.

"nice boys don't play rock n' roll!

HA!

Gunsguy

I have always thought the same thing about Ron, his personality and Guns N' Roses music dont mix at all.

Slash wasn't exactly a douche bag.

That isnt the point. Slash was a nice guy but he was a badass at the same time. Rons nice in a more innocent way.

I dont know, like it really matters anyway...

so I guess he's here to stay.

I think he is, but how did you get that from this message?

probably cause he's getting really good reaction from fans, which is what Axl would want for the new album and more touring, if it was like a Buckethead thing, where everyone saw it as a freakshow, it may not be a good standing with fans, with BBF, people are gonna see nice guys with GNR and gonna wanna support guys like BBF for not being douchebag famous people who don't care about their fans, like some other famous people were *cough* Kurt No-Brain *cough*, cause Ron shows that GNR care for their fans, not the cash cow

Buckethead was so much better for the band

HA!

Gunsguy

I have always thought the same thing about Ron, his personality and Guns N' Roses music dont mix at all.

That isnt the point. Slash was a nice guy but he was a badass at the same time. Rons nice in a more innocent way.

I dunno about badass. To me he was just a complete drunk with cool hair and great solos.

HA!

Gunsguy

I dunno about badass. To me he was just a complete drunk with cool hair and great solos.

Well, there you go :lol:

But considering Slash along with the rest of Guns N' Roses came from the mean streets of LA they were all badasses. Ron grew up in suburbia.

I like Ron, but watching him play old GNR songs is just kinda goofy, doesnt seem right.

Fuck, I did it again...

On topic: Its great to have a member of the band communicate with the fans like this. Ron Tahl is the only person I know who does this. Other musicians just run blogs or whatever, but Ron addreses the fans directly and I dont think enough respect can be given to him for it.

Plus, you know hes good with his fingers when he types that much on top of his insanely fast shredding on the guitar.