Little Wing, best STUDIO version?

adnan

Little Wing  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hendrix by miles. Derek and the Dominos did a good version but I agree with moreblack that Stevie Ray's was better.

If you really want to judge though, find some good live versions and compare-Hendrix didn't play it live very often, but it was genius the ways he distilled the essence of the song live and yet still propelled it forward.

I prefer the version recorded and presented by the man who wrote the song. Please. Perhaps the next vote should include this version (sarcasm mode off).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yx5y-Smq1WE

Wow, now that's dreadful. :no:

It is unbelievably bad, but if you click on the link again right below is the Hendrix Royal Albert Hall version, one of his best shows ever IMO.

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

I prefer the version recorded and presented by the man who wrote the song. Please. Perhaps the next vote should include this version (sarcasm mode off).

It is unbelievably bad, but if you click on the link again right below is the Hendrix Royal Albert Hall version, one of his best shows ever IMO.

Cheers!

I prefer the Clapton version. I prefer both Clapton and Alman to Jimi as guitar players, so its a no-brainer.

It's Derek and the Dominos. Crediting the cover to Clapton is unfair to the rest of the band, who were all superb players.

I was mildly surprised to learn that Allman played 2 out of the three solos, seeing as I had always thought that was Eric, even though it didn't sound much like him.

ODS: How could you not be aware, it's on their only album? I'm assuming you haven't heard that album?

Wasn't SRV's version a live one?

And how the fuck can anyone call the DatD rendition "unlistenable"? Jesus. :rolleyes:

Calling it dreadful is being generous. Terrible version.

I don't really see what's so terrible about it? :unsure: And I've never even heard Skid Row before

Edited by GNR'R

And how the fuck can anyone call the DatD rendition "unlistenable"? Jesus. :rolleyes:

It sounds too grandiose, it doesn't capture that magical feel that the Hendrix version has, Little Wing is full of Hendrix character, which in most of the covers can still be felt somewhat, I just don't find it in the DatD version.

The vocals are quite frankly awful in my opinion. The way they are sung in the Hendrix version fits the guitar line perfectly and they are what make the song for me.

It's a bad cover that epitomises most of what I hate about Clapton. That's why it's unlistenable OK? Now kindly stop acting like the know it all, not everyone agrees with you.