Us Brits Piss All Over You Yanks

Calm Like A Bomb

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guns N' Roses, Bob Dylan and Bruce Springsteen piss all over the English bands... Except the Rolling Stones which are almost on par in my book. :book::ph34r:

The Beatles are the greatest band to have ever played music and no band in our lifetime will ever surpas that, FACT

No. Opinion. If you say the biggest, you may have a point. When it comes to greatness, it's always subjective.

listen to "sexyback" and tell me ... TELL ME he doesn't hav something going on.

dude... i'll give you most of "justified". but NOT fucking sexyback.

i have to give it up to the brits. the title of this thread alone made me laugh.

has anyone mentioned deep purple for the brits

or

anyone from the early 90s rock scene for the US? i'm talking about like soundgarden, AIC, ratm, pearl jam, and (even though i despise them) nirvana?

OOO just thought of prince too - the topic of most of the 'is axl in the top 10 names in rock' thread

Edited by bass71player

On-topic: It can't be denied that The Beatles are the most influential band of all-time. They did so many things that changed the music scene forever.

That is true, there's no denying. But how can you say for a fact that no band is better than them? It all comes down to your taste, really. I don't like much of their music, but I won't say they didn't have a big impact. No band has had a bigger one.

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

Rock bands are valued far too much. If you take this argument out of Hard Rock music, it's no contest. Blues, Jazz, Country, Rock and Roll and Rap all originated in the US, and everything the great British Rock bands did was indebted to American music as well.

Rock bands are valued far too much. If you take this argument out of Hard Rock music, it's no contest. Blues, Jazz, Country, Rock and Roll and Rap all originated in the US, and everything the great British Rock bands did was indebted to American music as well.

hey...let's be fair!

they had skiffle!

:book:

hey...let's be fair!

they had skiffle!

:book:

haha that's great - zint i've been finding myself quoting you an awful lot lately

Edited by bass71player

Over the last 50 plus years British music has owned American music. The Beatles > Elvis, Led Zep, Black Sabbath and Rolling Stones won their era by a first round TKO and Queen and Pink Floyd continued the domination. By the mid-late 80's American music had taken over thanks to the likes of Michael Jackson, Madonna, Guns N' Roses, Metallica, Alice Cooper, Aerosmith etc. and then in the 90's dominated in the grunge era and won from there on in thanks to Mariah Carey, Boyz II Men and the emergence of rap and hip hop into the mainstream, with only Oasis and the Spice Girls putting up the fight for the Brits.

But overall it's a clear win to the Brits.

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789
Over the last 50 plus years British music has owned American music. The Beatles > Elvis, Led Zep, Black Sabbath and Rolling Stones won their era by a first round TKO and Queen and Pink Floyd continued the domination. By the mid-late 80's American music had taken over thanks to the likes of Michael Jackson, Madonna, Guns N' Roses, Metallica, Alice Cooper, Aerosmith etc. and then in the 90's dominated in the grunge era and won from there on in thanks to Mariah Carey, Boyz II Men and the emergence of rap and hip hop into the mainstream, with only Oasis and the Spice Girls putting up the fight for the Brits.

But overall it's a clear win to the Brits.

The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, and The Rolling Stones all owed their sound to American music. Pink Floyd and Queen are more arguable.

Has totally British music ever dominated the mainstream? No. Has totally American music ever dominated the mainstream? Several times.

Guest Jack_the_ripper

funny that I found this thread, was just discussing with someone how british bands are better then american bands, simply by the feeling they give you when you see them live.

British bands bring this incredible intensity, that rubs off on every single person in the venue, and for that single night, every single person in that venue, becomes a single entity, taking a journey through the beautiful abyss that we call music.