Us Brits Piss All Over You Yanks

Calm Like A Bomb

To name a few, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, The Sex Pistols and even Def Leppard :drevil:

Bull, Chuck Berry, Ritchie Valens, Aerosmith, The Ramones, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Quiet Riot, Soundgarden, Rage Against the Machine, Nine inch Nails, Foo Fighters, Hendrix, The Eagles and Heart need I say more?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Noone has mentioned DEEP fucking PURPLE yet!!

shame on you!!

Ritchie Blackmore owns all of your lame asses.

Beatles comes from the Great Britain.

Enough said.

look at my post 5 posts before yours...

small letters fooled my eyes, i have found your post and find it strange that we are the inly ones that thinks about Deep Purple.

Smoke on the Water is like the worlds second most famous rock song, after aöö

Ritchie owns in either way! :)

shame on you!!

Enough said.

small letters fooled my eyes, i have found your post and find it strange that we are the inly ones that thinks about Deep Purple.

no kidding, i can't believe no one said anything yet :drevil:

BLACKMORE FOR PRESIDENT!

To name a few, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, The Sex Pistols and even Def Leppard :drevil:

Bull, Chuck Berry, Ritchie Valens, Aerosmith, The Ramones, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Quiet Riot, Soundgarden, Rage Against the Machine, Nine inch Nails, Foo Fighters, Hendrix, The Eagles and Heart need I say more?

Yes, actually.

Those bands are alright, but the ones CLAB menitoned are so much better, and hes missed out quite a few.

Don't hide from the truth.

shame on you!!

Enough said.

BLACKMORE FOR PRESIDENT!

Nah he is already king :D

Yes, actually.

Those bands are alright, but the ones CLAB menitoned are so much better, and hes missed out quite a few.

Don't hide from the truth.

Better than Jimi Hendrix?

Chuck Berry?

Lemme put it this way, The beatles and the stones did covers of chuck berry, not the other way around

Bob Dylan?

The Beach Boys?

The British Had some Eras of music, the 60's losing power over the 70's until it pretty much died out

I mean.....The Final Countdown was the end.

Lemme put it down to Eras

British Had:

Glam Rock

Early Heavy Metal

The British Invasion

We have:

Surf Rock

Rockability

Southern Rock

Hard Rock

Hair Metal

Grunge

Punk

New Wave

Supergroups

Psychiadelia had big names on both sides

Over the last 50 plus years British music has owned American music. The Beatles > Elvis, Led Zep, Black Sabbath and Rolling Stones won their era by a first round TKO and Queen and Pink Floyd continued the domination. By the mid-late 80's American music had taken over thanks to the likes of Michael Jackson, Madonna, Guns N' Roses, Metallica, Alice Cooper, Aerosmith etc. and then in the 90's dominated in the grunge era and won from there on in thanks to Mariah Carey, Boyz II Men and the emergence of rap and hip hop into the mainstream, with only Oasis and the Spice Girls putting up the fight for the Brits.

But overall it's a clear win to the Brits.

The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, and The Rolling Stones all owed their sound to American music. Pink Floyd and Queen are more arguable.

Has totally British music ever dominated the mainstream? No. Has totally American music ever dominated the mainstream? Several times.

What influences you may have exposed to is irrelevant in this debate, you can go back in history and continue to look for the origin of the roots of these influences even further. These guys all had so much musical talent they probably would've been big regardless of what music they were surrounded by whilst growing up.

Oh yeah no-one mentioned Dire Straits who made it huge in the US, as did the BeeGees and then others like Billy Idol cracked the mainstream too.

I do find it interesting how you say "mainstream". By "mainstream" do you refer purely to America?

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

Over the last 50 plus years British music has owned American music. The Beatles > Elvis, Led Zep, Black Sabbath and Rolling Stones won their era by a first round TKO and Queen and Pink Floyd continued the domination. By the mid-late 80's American music had taken over thanks to the likes of Michael Jackson, Madonna, Guns N' Roses, Metallica, Alice Cooper, Aerosmith etc. and then in the 90's dominated in the grunge era and won from there on in thanks to Mariah Carey, Boyz II Men and the emergence of rap and hip hop into the mainstream, with only Oasis and the Spice Girls putting up the fight for the Brits.

The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath, and The Rolling Stones all owed their sound to American music. Pink Floyd and Queen are more arguable.

Has totally British music ever dominated the mainstream? No. Has totally American music ever dominated the mainstream? Several times.

What influences you may have exposed to is irrelevant in this debate, you can go back in history and continue to look for the origin of the roots of these influences even further. These guys all had so much musical talent they probably would've been big regardless of what music they were surrounded by whilst growing up.

Oh yeah no-one mentioned Dire Straits who made it huge in the US, as did the BeeGees and then others like Billy Idol cracked the mainstream too.

I do find it interesting how you say "mainstream". By "mainstream" do you refer purely to America?

Most of the music The Rolling Stones and Led Zeppelin made were Blues covers or just a little more far removed, that constitutes something relevant. The Beatles were a Rock and Roll band, and that's American music.

Yes, I guess so. I wouldn't know about what's popular in Britain as well as in America.

lemme take that a step further

without the direction and influences of american music we'd have them playing neo-classical

I'm no expert, but a man playing "it's not unusual" to a classical piano backing and neoclassical style playing would sound like playing

shame on you!!

Enough said.

BLACKMORE FOR PRESIDENT!

Alright then Blackmore for Emperor of the universe!

shame on you!!

Enough said.

BLACKMORE FOR PRESIDENT!

Alright then Blackmore for Emperor of the universe!

now we're talkin!

I'MM AAAA HIGHWAYYYY STAAAAAAARR!!!!! rock3