Anyone think theres a chance of a new song...

slashplay

To: GNR

Re: Setlist

Drop:

Out Ta Get Me

My Michelle

Live and Let Die

November Rain (I know it's a staple, but it's 10 goddamn minutes long - takes up valuable time)

Nightrain

Add:

New Single

New Song

New Song

Crash Diet (this new band would rule on this song)

Yesterdays

Edited by EccoTides

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drop:

Out Ta Get Me

My Michelle

Live and Let Die

November Rain (I know it's a staple, but it's 10 goddamn minutes long - takes up valuable time)

Nightrain

Add:

New Single

New Song

New Song

Yesterdays

Then would like half of the setlist be new songs. That´s much for not having an album released.

Many on this board have claimed that like half of the crowd excpected S&D to be in the band during the european tour(I don´t think so but...). If thats the case I´m pretty sure that half of the crowd don´t even have heard "classics" like I.R.S and The Blues. For those people it would be to much "new" and just a mess.

Edited by shootingstar

Eh, I kinda hope they drop IRS too - Judging from what Merck said about the song way back when, I'm sure Guns have got at least ten other songs of much higher quality.

At the very least, I just want to see the AFD stuff toned down - I realize that the AFD material is pretty much all that people know, but they can always change that...

Edited by EccoTides

IMO, there are too many new songs being played already!

If I were a casual fan, I would be disapointed with all the new material being played. Most people have not heard any of this new stuff, because they do not come to these message boards everyday! Sure us hardcores want to hear more new stuff, because we are dieing for this album - but that does not apply to a lot of fans.

I'm going to see The Who in October, and I'll be pissed off if they play a lot of new stuff from thier upcoming album. I'm going to the show to see them play Baba O'Reilly, My Generation, etc. Not new songs that I don't know (no matter how good or bad they are)

When CD comes out, however, thats when new songs should go into the setlist, because your casual fan would actually know the songs!

Not only do I not expect some new unheard song, I doubt we'll even get a few of the new ones we already know.

'Madagascar' disappeared from the setlist in the UK leg of the Euro tour. 'There Was A Time' was tried once in Madrid and then never again.

I'm as excited about all of this as most of you are, but I have to shake my head at the faction of you who seem to be true blue believers that Axl has some master plan. It just seems fairly obvious to me at damn near every turn that he has little to no plan whatsoever.

Around half the album can already be heard, via leaks and live recordings. I somehow doubt that Axl is going to add an entirely new song to the set-list, taking yet another track off Chinese Democracy that we've heard.

I wouldn't be suprised to see 'There Was A Time' or 'Catcher In The Rye' played, but somehow I just can't see Axl adding yet another new song. I think the list is pretty good as it is.

Axl promised to drop in new songs into the set when the band returns to the states. We gotta believe new song/songs will be played, cause this same dude happens to be the guy who promised that Chinese Democracy comes out this year :rofl-lol: . Besides itd be cool to hear some new shit since all the leaks(except CITR, which would definetely rock live) have been played live already.

Edited by Newbie Rose

Anyone think theres a chance of a new song..., at the September shows?

I expect nothing at the early (i.e.: at least mid-September) shows. Maybe a "TWAT" if we are very lucky. But nearer to late October - if Richard and Axl are telling the truth - we may get something new, either the first single or perhaps another unheard album song, but again only if this really was the time.

There will no be "Catcher", as it has been repeatedly stated that we can expect this to appear on German Warfare.

Hmmm.....So you're another guy who has heard that the releases will be split into 3 parts...

Chinese Democracy

German Warfare

Russian Intrigue

Is that what you saw also?

I expect nothing at the early (i.e.: at least mid-September) shows. Maybe a "TWAT" if we are very lucky. But nearer to late October - if Richard and Axl are telling the truth - we may get something new, either the first single or perhaps another unheard album song, but again only if this really was the time.

There will no be "Catcher", as it has been repeatedly stated that we can expect this to appear on German Warfare.

Hmmm.....So you're another guy who has heard that the releases will be split into 3 parts...

Chinese Democracy

German Warfare

Russian Intrigue

I thought this rumor was dismissed as bullshit a long time ago?

Chinese Democracy

German Warfare

Russian Intrigue

I thought this rumor was dismissed as bullshit a long time ago?

I have no idea to be honest. Any clarification would be appreciated...its nothing more than a rumour.

Hey guys. Axl said that more new songs will be added as the tour progresses, but does anyone think there may be a new song added before mid-October?

Catcher In The Rye would appear to be a more likely choice.

Hows that then? 'Cause it was recorded over 6 years ago with a special guitarist? Yeah..right :huh:

Around half the album can already be heard

really?...you've seen the final track listing?

you're SURE all those demos made the final cut...

Of course we can't be sure until the album itself is released. But I'd say it's more than likely that we'll be seeing these all on the new album:

-Chinese Democracy

-IRS

-Better

-The Blues

-Madagascar

-There Was A Time

-Catcher In The Rye

The last two are not quite as sound due to either little live playing or no live playing, but the first five seem to be shoe-ins for the new album.

Drop:

Out Ta Get Me

My Michelle

Live and Let Die

Nightrain

Add:

New Single

New Song

New Song

Yesterdays

Drop OTGM but the others have to stay.

Add Yesterdays & maybe Crash Diet.

3 New songs? Are you insane? theirs no way 3 new songs will be added until after the album is released.

Drop:

Out Ta Get Me

My Michelle

Live and Let Die

Nightrain

Add:

New Single

New Song

New Song

Yesterdays

Where the hell is Thomasee when we need him? He can mail/ask Ron "Bumblefoot" about this. Whatever. :xmasssanta: