Inland Invasion webcast!

Zint

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Muse have completely stolen the show..

-Kickingthehabit

They were always going to. I really don't know that GN'R will match the performance. They've got the songs to do it, but i'm not so sure they'll nail it quite as comprehensively.

are you high?

I was wondering the same thing. :blink:

No. Are you?

Axl is still a hit and miss affair. He sounds amazing on some songs, and average at best on others. Sure, I prefer Guns in the studio, but Muse are always top of their game live.

:blink::blink:

Ummm.. you do realize you're on a GNR forum, right?

Muse was - umm - OK. They were better than the previous bands that played (except Buckcherry who I missed, damn!) ... but that's not saying that much. I realize we're going through a dry spell when it comes to rock -- but geez - I guess when you're in a desert, some people will jump all over any drop of water that even remotely sounds like a rock band.

Having said that, I'll check out their albums to see if I'm missing something - but I certainly wouldn't do it based on that performance.

-Kickingthehabit

They were always going to. I really don't know that GN'R will match the performance. They've got the songs to do it, but i'm not so sure they'll nail it quite as comprehensively.

are you high?

No. Are you?

Axl is still a hit and miss affair. He sounds amazing on some songs, and average at best on others. Sure, I prefer Guns in the studio, but Muse are always top of their game live.

Muse was - umm - OK. They were better than the previous bands that played (except Buckcherry who I missed, damn!) ... but that's not saying that much. I realize we're going through a dry spell when it comes to rock -- but geez - I guess when you're in a desert, some people will jump all over any drop of water that even remotely sounds like a rock band.

Having said that, I'll check out their albums to see if I'm missing something - but I certainly wouldn't do it based on that performance.

Origin Of Symmetry. One of the best and most progressive albums in the last decade. :)

-Kickingthehabit

are you high?

No. Are you?

I guess you and I have really different tastes in music - I really cant stand Buckcherry for example... I find them cheesy, boring, cliched, uncreative, etc. :tongue2:

Like I said, i'd pick to see GN'R over Muse by a long way, but I think Muse play their own material better than Guns do, and they don't have really long solos in between their songs. Anyway, Guns and Muse are two really different styles of music, so it's useless comparing them. I think they're both amazing bands, but I still maintain that Axl isn't always at the top of his game, whereas Matt Bellamy is.

Anyway... Bring on GN'R! It's what i've been waiting for! B)