What did you think of the concert?

CoolHandLuke

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great show

Finck really impressed me with his solo and performance on The Blues but later on he picked up the butchers knife and started chopping away like always, wich was kind of a shame.

But the band sounded really tight, the jams were pretty cool and I liked some of their renditions of the old songs, and the new songs they played sounded awsome

I would have liked to hear Chinese Democracy or There Was A Time but the setlist was still pretty good

Overal it was just a great show, I was very impressed

are you a moron or are you just set on bashing finck? Have you watched enough shows to realize he plays the songs the way he plays them and he has more leads then anyone else for good reason? Finck owns that stage and he owns your mom.

Its never fucking good enough is it?

One of the few times I say something positive about the guy and a Fick lover still finds something wrong with my opinion. Go fuck yourself King Penis

Im not set on anything, Finck just stumbles his way through the old songs, it isnt my fault.

If you want to say something positive just leave it at that. none of this but or although bullshit. I can't think of anything to bitch about regarding last night's legendary show in the Inland Empire.

Yes sir boss. He will say what he wants in the manner that YOU want him to say it. Go swim with a dolphin.

k i just finished watching the concert, yea it was good. most of the songs played damn near perfect. my only complaint is Finck, he to me brings the rest of the band down. Axls voice seemed to be sounding good, though there were a few times where he seem to lose his voice. also, did he have a tape playing cause at a couple points it seemed like there was a recording of him singing. idk if im gonna go see them live. its a little risky because axl may never show up. cant wait to hear CD.

I was in the orchestra section row dd. Let me just say that this show was my very first gnr show and it was amazing imo. I was really surprised at how these guys played the old songs. Dont get me wrong, I would of loved to see the original gnr on stage but i wanted to see what these new gunners had. I thought they were freaking awesome. Axl did a good job hiring these guys. Excellent perfomers. I admit i was a little worried that he was not going to show because of the time it was taking but he made up for it by doing a 2 hour show. I was hoping izzy would come out but oh well. If you guys already have tickets for the other future events, trust me you will not be disappointed. RnFnR new gnr.

To be fair I saw the concert and I thought it was great. If I had paid for it and been there, I would have got my money's worth.

Good solid show. Axl was great, his voice sounds better than much of the UYI era. He was into it and Ron Bumblefoot Thal and Fortus played their hearts out.

The solos were decent, the only one that bugged me was "beautiful". It just sounded out of place.

Finck. What can I say. He's okay. I guess he's decent. But he looks like a goofball with those faces and hops he does and some of his work is just awful. Period. The songs he did well (Better and Patience) were great. But he's so far below the other guitarist I really wonder what he is doing playing live with them. I mean they blow him off the stage.

What I think is hurting this band is a boring setlist and the fact that aside from Axl, none of them have the personality or rock star charisma to sustain audience attention. That is one thing like I've said before you either have or you don't. One reason why the old band got so big was they all were magnetic and could draw you in. Frankly the new guys are boring, they play their hearts out, but yes they are indeed quite boring from a visual standpoint and personality wise. Tommy Stinson in his checkered pants looks kinda silly. But really this is nitpicking.

Musically they kicked ass aside from Finck's botched solos. His style is just kind of out of place with the old material.

Edited by SylvesterStallone

I want this band to rise to the potential that it has and on the off chance that Axl reads this shit, I wanna him to hear it like is and make the necessary changes. The less yes-men, the better. Most people agree that being surrounded by yes-men is a big part of the major missteps in the braided one's career, like having a horn section and back up singers and My World.

While a newbie here, I will support this claim as someone in attendance in Loge 6 - also in the location of the bottle-tossing extravaganza...

Dude, I was in Loge 7, and some guy next to me got hit in the face with a FULL bottle of water.

His whole lip bust open and was gushing blood.

The whole bottle tossing thing was fucking stupid.

But then again....Axl shouldn't have taken 1 hour and 35 minutes to take the stage.

I too was in Loge 6 watching the incoming bottle barrage. Many of the people around me were afraid and most of them left as a result. I even got a good picture of one of the fires. I mentioned it to a friend of mine from the area and they said this type of stuff is common for Hyundai Pavilion.

Enjoyed it though, it was worth the 6 hour drive to go and see. Axl reminded me of '92 and I'm more willing to give the new line-up a chance.

Are you Guns N' Roses? if you are..go out there and show them how its really done.

yeah I am motherfucker.

Watch for me at the State Fair.

:rolleyes: Ooooh big man with his fancy words..

Get a life if you still can. May I reccommed finding one at This website?

Seriously..."Get in the ring mother fucker" :laugh: "And I'll kick your bitchy little ass...PUNK"

You've got nothing on Guns N' Roses...they're doing all they can to make the shows as good as they can possibly get. And you're telling people to complain about them? Wtf is your problem? What GNR fan would encourage bashing?...

Saying last night's show sucked is indeed pointless bitching.

Ooooh big man with his fancy words..

Get a life if you still can. May I reccommed finding one at This website?

Seriously..."Get in the ring mother fucker" "And I'll kick your bitchy little ass...PUNK"

You've got nothing on Guns N' Roses...they're doing all they can to make the shows as good as they can possibly get. And you're telling people to complain about them? Wtf is your problem? What GNR fan would encourage bashing?...

Saying last night's show sucked is indeed pointless bitching.

May I recommend you sucking my balls?

I'm not telling anybody to complain about it, I'm bitching because the Mods have been censoring the forum and warning me not to say how bad it was.

how pathetic can some of you people be to sit on board and bitch and whine and complain about this band. everytime something big happens the haters come out from hiding and try to tell us a bunch of lies and bullshit. go to a vr board or something.

Don't kid yourself....being on a forum all the time is pathetic no matter what side your on.

the best part was when baz and axl did 5 seonds of nice boys, if they would have actualy done that rock3rock3rock3 it would have been fucking sweet. axl should throw random songs like that atleast one a night.......

i'd like to see that deffinatly play a bit of Nice Boys

:) great show i loved it. alot of people did leave with the throwing bottles and fires and stuff. I almost left thank god we decided to stay like 10 more min and every thing settled down. i was in the center isle when they started playing and it is something i will remember for the rest of life f'n great experience. i love the new songs but was disappointed the people around me didn't know them and didn't care much that kinda sucked. but i had alot fun hope they come back to la :heart:

how pathetic can some of you people be to sit on board and bitch and whine and complain about this band. everytime something big happens the haters come out from hiding and try to tell us a bunch of lies and bullshit. go to a vr board or something.

Don't kid yourself....being on a forum all the time is pathetic no matter what side your on.

yeah there's that too...

really i think that dude just discovered gnr, he defends finck like slash fans defend slash (yet slash fans have a reason haha)

dudde i've been a GNR fan since sweetness was in diapers. I just love this lineup the most.

The more you post the harder that is to believe.

I remember you said you didnt give a shit when Slash left the band. Im not going to be a fag and go back searching for the exact post, but I remember something like that. Anyway, thats just odd for a Guns N' Roses fan, especially one who claims they grew up loveing the old band. If you really loved that band then the lead guitarist, a huge part of any hard rock band, would have meant something to you, but he didnt like you said.

I just think thats wierd, really fucking wierd. But if you just came out and said youve been a fan since you saw them in 02 it would make a lot of sense as to why you dont give a shit about Slash or those other guys, every other Guns N' Roses fan I know still does.